Gov shutdown effecting gains

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ordered a package oral trest and epi some time ago from a source across the pond, i noticed it had been sitting in LA for about a week already and called USPS to figure out what was going on. I was informed that since customs is shutdown it could be a month before my package moves.....

This is asinine. We need to just push this through and get our stuff back up and running. Now i have to try and find replacements here since I already started my TD trest for a 2 week jumpstart.... BS

Okay rant over. Anyone else have this problem ???????

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yes. I shipped USPS Priority to someone on this board for a sale and it too 5 days to arrive.
I paid for 2-3 day service. I was irritated to say the least. When you pay $10 to ship Piroiryt and 1st Class would have been fine...

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dammit that sucks man bigtime,hopefully this doesn't continue very long ! Hope you get your things

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I have some DMZ and a DMZ/msten combo on hand im debating on running to kick off the epi cycle with hopes of the epi getting here before i run out of that haha. Or maybe I will just get some Superdrol lol. Lots of moving parts, idk yet. It just sucks.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes. I shipped USPS Priority to someone on this board for a sale and it too 5 days to arrive.
I paid for 2-3 day service. I was irritated to say the least. When you pay $10 to ship Piroiryt and 1st Class would have been fine...
Dude I hear you! Paying for stuff and not getting what you paid good money for is one of my biggest peeves!! Even little stupid stuff

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yeah that whole shut down thing is mad, I mean our government is shambolic at the moment over the whole brexit thing but am I right you have people just not being paid and stuff?

justhere4comm

justhere4comm

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Dude I hear you! Paying for stuff and not getting what you paid good money for is one of my biggest peeves!! Even little stupid stuff
Strangly enough, I sent the box before receiving payment because I like to surprise and delight whenever possible.
I've over paid shipping in sales just because it's the right thing to do. I should probably not get into the supplement industry! lol.

It appeared to arrive in 3 days, but from my point of view, it was 5. Ha.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Why don't you have enough gear savings to help in a situation like this? This is exactly why you should have a gear e stash!

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First, my packages via usps priority take a week more often than they take 2-3 days. Usps sucks....and I feel bad about your stuff being stuck in customs BUT the federal government is at its BEST when it shuts down. I can only hope it will stay that way forever

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why don't you have enough gear savings to help in a situation like this? This is exactly why you should have a gear e stash!
Dude if only. I just sold a bunch of my stock but i have some DMZ/M sten on hand. The package is a re-up on my epi/trest... guess im a failure hahaha

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah that whole shut down thing is mad, I mean our government is shambolic at the moment over the whole brexit thing but am I right you have people just not being paid and stuff?
Thats correct. Certain agencies arent getting paid so a ton of workers arent showing up.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, my packages via usps priority take a week more often than they take 2-3 days. Usps sucks....and I feel bad about your stuff being stuck in customs BUT the federal government is at its BEST when it shuts down. I can only hope it will stay that way forever
I don't disagree that less gov is better but i wish they'd do their due diligence to up staffing via supplemental employment to get this sh!t done. If your going to require this, its gotta function.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But they’re still taxing us to pay for the government services we’re not getting. It’s not truly shut down unless they stop taking money out of paychecks.

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But they’re still taxing us to pay for the government services we’re not getting. It’s not truly shut down unless they stop taking money out of paychecks.
Right! Which is why my point is they need to get people in or OT or whatever to make it function. That or stop customs hahahah

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I don't disagree that less gov is better but i wish they'd do their due diligence to up staffing via supplemental employment to get this sh!t done. If your going to require this, its gotta function.
Your right, it's stupid. And considering the brains working within that body I cant believe they didnt think of it. More like a "look how much you need us" move. No reason you should have to suffer bc of them, ever.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Almost like a giant cancer feeding off its host......almost?

K_pem

K_pem

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
100% Im sure the intention is to inflict public outrage in order to sway votes.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
100% Im sure the intention is to inflict public outrage in order to sway votes.
Or a "look how badly you need us" move

Or more than likely, both

I'm glad you posted this though...I didnt even think of this and was about to order some aromasin....might have to use another source for a bit

CorpKiller

CorpKiller

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Ordered a package oral trest and epi some time ago from a source across the pond, i noticed it had been sitting in LA for about a week already and called USPS to figure out what was going on. I was informed that since customs is shutdown it could be a month before my package moves.....

This is asinine. We need to just push this through and get our stuff back up and running. Now i have to try and find replacements here since I already started my TD trest for a 2 week jumpstart.... BS

Okay rant over. Anyone else have this problem ???????
Not surprised. Sorry it’s affecting your Gainz.

It would also not surprise me if the efficiency of the government improves working on a skeleton crew during the shutdown and they initiate a reduction in force.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Not surprised. Sorry it’s affecting your Gainz.

It would also not surprise me if the efficiency of the government improves working on a skeleton crew during the shutdown and they initiate a reduction in force.
It will never improve. Nature of the beast is that it needs to keep growing to stay alive. It's been steadily growing since its inception and i doubt itll start cutting back today.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
New graduates with government jobs who couldn't afford to get that degree for the job on their own so they took a loan from the government, not only are they not getting paid for the work they're doing, but they still have to pay the government right now. Idiotic.

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
New graduates with government jobs who couldn't afford to get that degree for the job on their own so they took a loan from the government, not only are they not getting paid for the work they're doing, but they still have to pay the government right now. Idiotic.
Yep. It’s not a shutdown if they’re still taking your taxes and collecting on loans. Imagine if Netflix claimed to be shutdown, you couldn’t use it, but they kept taking your payments?

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Yep. It’s not a shutdown if they’re still taking your taxes and collecting on loans. Imagine if Netflix claimed to be shutdown, you couldn’t use it, but they kept taking your payments?
So in some form of the term could we call that taxation without representation? I suppose we are "represented" they just clearly dont care what we need by that representation. Showing it by charging for services not intended to be rendered

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So in some form of the term could we call that taxation without representation? I suppose we are "represented" they just clearly dont care what we need by that representation. Showing it by charging for services not intended to be rendered
In this instance, the saying “taxation is theft” is true if they’re not using the tax money for what they’re supposed to.

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
In this instance, the saying “taxation is theft” is true if they’re not using the tax money for what they’re supposed to.
True...but that saying is always true. It doesn't matter who you are, what your doing with the $$, or how bad you need it. If you take someone's things or $$ without their permission...or even asking....that's theft.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hey I’m sure there was a good reason for the shutdown. And by good I mean for like a handful of people lol.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
True...but that saying is always true. It doesn't matter who you are, what your doing with the $$, or how bad you need it. If you take someone's things or $$ without their permission...or even asking....that's theft.
That’s jacked up that cops can steal your weed, maaan

bigbeaph

bigbeaph

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
That’s jacked up that cops can steal your weed, maaan
If they are federal police you are correct! Local and state authorities have the constitutional right to enforce those laws though. Kinda like when the federal gov takes your money.....