Gout and sexual supplements

Goutyguy

Awards
When I was younger and better looking, I gave a kidney to a friend and ever since, I have been experiencing gout. Through diet and weight management, I have been able to control it, but I don't think I'll ever stop it. In the meantime, I recently took a sexual supplement called "Stamina RX" and it was the most AWFUL experiences in my life, but that's a different post. My issue is the next morning, I woke up with gout. My gout needs to be triggered so my guess it was something in the supplement that raised my uric acid so fast that I had advanced gout the next morning, but my question is what? The list of active ingredients include
Epimedium Extract (Horny Goat)
Yohimbe Extract
Cniduim Extract
Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa Extract
Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
L- Arginine

Any thoughts?

PublicEnemy

PublicEnemy

Awards
  • Established
If its aggrevating it then I'd say stop.

When i worked at GNC I had a lot of people swear by tart or black cherry supplements for treating gout, really you should supplement with anything that reduces uric acid levels.

Goutyguy

Awards
See, here's the thing. First, one of the ingredients is the culprit and when I find out which one, I can avoid it. But my question is which one? I can use a different supplement without what ever it is that is causing the issue.

Epimedium Extract (Horny Goat)
Yohimbe Extract
Cniduim Extract
Xanthoparmelia Scabrosa Extract
Gamma Amino Butyric Acid
L- Arginine

Also tart or black cherry supplements for treating gout? Yeah, not so much for me. It's never worked.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
forget that supp and try formex , your libido goes through the roof

p.s I`m not a ibe rep, but the stuff really works

Goutyguy

Awards
forget that supp and try formex , your libido goes through the roof

p.s I`m not a ibe rep, but the stuff really works
Here's the question. How does it effect kidney function and will it kick in my gout? I'm trying to keep my options to a minimum because there are so many and I am on a limited budget. Also, I can't be a guinea pig because the wrong choice for me can be detrimental.

nunes

nunes

Awards
  • Established
Here's the question. How does it effect kidney function and will it kick in my gout? I'm trying to keep my options to a minimum because there are so many and I am on a limited budget. Also, I can't be a guinea pig because the wrong choice for me can be detrimental.
formestane do not interfere with kidney function

ktatro1

ktatro1

Awards
  • Established
Agreed here. Currently taking formex and it is very effective for a libido enhancement with minimal side effects. Shouldn't effect kidney function and has a nice little added benefit of converting to 4-OH-T.

giantbrandon

Awards
  • Established
hi protein is bad for gout, how much water do you drink