Gotta give credit to Foxnews

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is legit. Just saw a replay of that dope O'Reilly interviewing John Stossel, and they were talking about Manny Ramirez and his positive test. O'Reilly goes off on a tirade about cheating, using Alzado as his prime example. Stossel to his credit said that steroids really are not dangerous, and there is no evidence that Alzado's death was caused by steroids. Also, Stossel brings up Chris Benoit, and said the medical examiner did not state that there was any evidence that stroid abuse caused the break.

Way to go John Stossel :thumbsup:

mikinTx

X2 AE, Stossel's one of the few media types that still practices objectivity in his reporting... a fading tradition to be sure.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I really was surprised by it when I heard it, but was real happy for some truth to come out and to see OReilly put back in his place

slacker86

Awards
  • Established
is there a youtube video of this cause i would love to see it

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I did not see if there was. See if someone can find it. I saw the replay this am while at the gym. Made my morning

DEADn

DEADn

Awards
Bill O'Reilly is an idiot. I guess he must have his show because of ratings? He had a radio show at one time I listened to it a couple of times until an incident happened. Seems whenever someone disagreed with him he would cut them off and hang up on them. Couldn't tolerate another view. So, when I see this guy's name and face I turn my head, whiplash style. I am not a fan of Rush Limbaugh but I would rather listen to him over Bill.

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Bill is a dope, and it was good to see Stossel very politely disagree and question Bill on his views on Alzado.

Bill is better at riling up the conservative base and calling people who disagree unpatriotic.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
yeah, stossel is pretty libertarian leaning. O'reilly probably raised his voice and started shouting when stossel made his points though, this winning the argument and nullifying anything stossel says.

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
This is legit. Just saw a replay of that dope O'Reilly interviewing John Stossel, and they were talking about Manny Ramirez and his positive test. O'Reilly goes off on a tirade about cheating, using Alzado as his prime example. Stossel to his credit said that steroids really are not dangerous, and there is no evidence that Alzado's death was caused by steroids. Also, Stossel brings up Chris Benoit, and said the medical examiner did not state that there was any evidence that stroid abuse caused the break.

Way to go John Stossel :thumbsup:
This was my email to O`Reilly right after that show...

When talking with John Stossel you said that when Tiger Woods received eye surgery that it was merely altering the body through science. Are steroids not created through science? Try thinking through your argument before creating a completely illogical one, and get your facts straight before talking from your rear. You know absolutely nothing about steroids.

Also, I don't appreciate the cheap shot you took on Michael Savage. It was obvious from your loud, emphasized tone in annunciation that you used his surname "Weiner" as some sort of joke. I expect more from you than that.

warnerve

Awards
  • Established
I did lol a bit when I found out his name was really michael weiner

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
weiner lol.

on a serious note, I am glad that the email was sent, and I am glad that Stossel said what he did. There is too much ignorance out there, and OReilly just adds to it.

holyintellect

holyintellect

Awards
  • Established
I didnt see that, but I did DVR the 20/20 episode last night....I look forward to seeing it....

holy

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
As Savage says, O`Reilly is a leprechaun; a trickster.

That's really all I watch on Fox is the nightly line-up, and mainly just to wind down. I do my news reading off of Drudge and WND, but sometimes I'll watch O`Reilly, Hannity, and Greta. Hannity just beats a dead horse, though. I like the guy, but he never has any new talking points.

Bionic

Bionic

Awards
  • Established
STEROID HYSTERIA by John Stossel 5/6/09

With the return of baseball and a new book on Alex Rodriguez released this week, a fresh round of congressional posturing about steroids is upon us.

Why is it Congress's business?

I asked U.S. Reps. Elijah Cummings, D-Md., and Cliff Stearns, R-Fla., about that for my next TV special, "Don't Even Think about Saying That!," which will air this Friday on ABC.

"This is part of our duty," Cummings says, "to protect the American people." Steroids are "a serious public-health problem."

Stearns added, "Teenagers commit suicide."

And Congress will fix it all.

Of course, people like Dr. Gary Wadler testify in Congress that steroids do horrible things.

"The threat is dying! The threat is suicide!" Wadler told me.

I'd heard such scary claims for years. Death by steroids. "Roid rage" worthy of after-school specials.

Years ago, when a pro wrestler beat me up, I was told that steroids drove him to do it. Steroids were blamed for wrestler Chris Benoit killing himself and his family, and teenage baseball star Taylor Hooton's suicide.

But Dr. Norman Fost, a bioethicist at the University of Wisconsin, says it's all bunk. The anti-steroid movement, he says, is filled with hysteria and hype.

"The horror stories about the medical claims . . . some of them are just frankly made up."

Fost insists there's no correlation between injectable steroids and brain tumors.

To my surprise, Wadler admits that's true. And he's not so certain about other claims. When I asked him if steroids cause strokes, he said, "It's on a possible list."

Heart attack?

"The likelihood of anabolic steroid abuse being associated with heart disease is real."

Note the waffle words like "possible" and "associated." He uses them because -- unlike smoking and cancer -- there are no long-term epidemiological studies that show steroids cause those diseases.

Every drug is "associated" with side effects. Advil is associated with ulcers and shock.

It's not that steroids are perfectly safe. But why single them out?

"We don't stop Natasha Richardson from skiing," Fost notes. "We don't stop people from eating lemon meringue pie ... People everywhere take enormous risks way greater than even the hyped-up risks of steroids."

Yes, steroids use is associated with hair loss, acne, testicular atrophy and even growing male breasts. But Fost says those side effects would be minimized if steroids were legal.

"If athletes are going to use these things, it would be better to have them on the table where informed doctors can help them get the right drug with the right dose and fewer side effects.

That's not good enough for Wadler. "I don't think you supervise ... the abuse of a drug."

For Wadler, "abuse" is any use that's not medically necessary. But entire fields of medicine are devoted to "unnecessary" procedures -- breast enhancement, hair replacement, etc. Consenting adults should be free to do pretty much whatever they like to their own bodies.

If steroids are such a terrible threat, there must be lots of high-profile deaths. But Wadler couldn't cite any.

The Chris Benoit 'roid-rage murders and suicide? The medical examiner later said there was no evidence proving the testosterone he was taking caused the crimes. There's evidence that steroids can increase aggression in some people, but, Fost says, "The overwhelming examples of criminal behavior by professional athletes has nothing to do with steroids."

Taylor Hooton's suicide?

"There's no evidence of steroids producing suicidal behavior."

Hooton was taking other risky drugs like Lexapro, which has been shown to cause suicidal thinking.

That wrestler who hit me later said he did it because his boss told him to.

Health issues aside, what about sportsmanship?

"I don't know why you would think this is cheating any more than the hundred of other things athletes do to enhance their performance," Fost said.

Tiger Woods improved his eyesight with surgery. "Janet Evans won a gold medal in swimming," Fost noted, "and bragged about a greasy swimsuit that she was sure had a lot to do with her victory."

Wadler defends the anti-steroid rule because "abuse represents a significant risk to health and, in fact, enhances a criminal element."

But there's only a criminal element because zealots like Wadler insist on making steroid use illegal!

AE14

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
As Savage says, O`Reilly is a leprechaun; a trickster.

That's really all I watch on Fox is the nightly line-up, and mainly just to wind down. I do my news reading off of Drudge and WND, but sometimes I'll watch O`Reilly, Hannity, and Greta. Hannity just beats a dead horse, though. I like the guy, but he never has any new talking points.
the one thing I will say is that OReilly does make me laugh, however it is usually at his expense

Irish Cannon

Legend
Awards
  • Legend!
  • Established
the one thing I will say is that OReilly does make me laugh, however it is usually at his expense
O`Reilly can be a blubbering whale. Sometimes I get really sick of him.

dropshot001

Awards
i'm just glad that someone told information from an unhyped/unbiased point of view

Conagher

Conagher

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
O`Reilly is an idiot,but you have to give him credit for one thing,he makes a damn good living at it.

borobulker

borobulker

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Roid Rage?

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tJjNVVwRCY"]YouTube - Bill O'Reilly Flips Out[/ame]