Got too big

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I've been running Test E at 750 a week with 100 mgs of anadrol ED. The anadrol has been 2 weeks on 1 week off. Been cycling for years, 6'6 power lifter. When I started this cycle I was 315...now I'm 345. Strength gains went through the roof, repping 495 on bench easy for sets of 8. However, carrying around all this weight sucks. Thinking of 250 of Test E a week with 400 of Tren a week and 100 mcgs of cytomel ED. Also going to cut carbs to 50 grams ED and up cardio to 45 mins ED. I want to get back down to 315 and keep my strength gains. Sound reasonable?

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Way out of my pay grade to be commenting on monsters like you, but I'm friends with a former Mr. Olympian (currently 250lbs) that won't eat less than 150g carbs ED when he's "low carb". The concern seems to be loss of muscle.

From personal experience I run great on zero carb (my focus is athleticism), but only for about a month. If you don't re-feed before the one month mark there seems to be a sharp drop-off in strength. I can't say I've ever gained much strength on keto though, so mass loss, plus calorie restriction, plus keto - keeping gains is not in that equation.

Bintherduntht

Bintherduntht

Awards
  • Established
I always keep carbs in, cutting or not. Carbs are not your enemy!

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yeah, I'm gonna play with the carbs until I find a good balance. I can't go 0 carbs, I'll shrink up pretty quick. Plus I can't train without some carbs.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also...not looking to body build. Just looking to cut some of this weight and keep strength. 345 is just too heavy for me...very uncomfortable

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So I've been running Test E at 750 a week with 100 mgs of anadrol ED. The anadrol has been 2 weeks on 1 week off. Been cycling for years, 6'6 power lifter. When I started this cycle I was 315...now I'm 345. Strength gains went through the roof, repping 495 on bench easy for sets of 8. However, carrying around all this weight sucks. Thinking of 250 of Test E a week with 400 of Tren a week and 100 mcgs of cytomel ED. Also going to cut carbs to 50 grams ED and up cardio to 45 mins ED. I want to get back down to 315 and keep my strength gains. Sound reasonable?
Big dog!!
500 xs 10 would be almost worth the extra weight.
That's incredible strength

DirtyWilly

DirtyWilly

Awards
  • Established
Big dog!!
500 xs 10 would be almost worth the extra weight.
That's incredible strength
Yeah those numbers are ridic lol.

"Any of you mere mortals have advice on leaning out but still being able to lift a Honda?"

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Could swap the Drol out for something drier like Winny. Otherwise, lowering carbs or sodium will lower bloat some (not that I am for this approach if strength is the priority). Or you could switch to a base of test and some tren if that works well for you (NOT with the Drol obviously; R.I.P. hematocrit levels).

#1 though is to eat less calories obviously if you need weight to come down. If you’re not on a CPAP, Eric Maroscher on EFS said using one for a year he gained 10lbs of muscle and lost multiple pant sizes and his energy and recovery/well-being improved night and day at like 50 years old. Gotta be able to breathe through a big neck to get good REM sleep.

mikeymike85

mikeymike85

Awards
  • Established
Jesus you are a big mofo. Anadrol and get too big seems to be synonymous. Idk how you are going to feel at 50mg carbs. I'm 165 and I consume 80 to 100 and sometimes I feel foggy. Get prepared to start looking flat on that but cheers brother

Heavychevss

Awards
As an old school old fart I like the idea of the test / Tren combo and then replace the anadrol with superdrol.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
R you preparing for meet or just want your walk around weight to be 315lbs. If your just looking to get to that imo you could cut the test even lower say 150mg test 400 tren and drop the adrol

mcgeier

mcgeier

Awards
  • Established
How long have you been running the Adrol at 2 weeks on/1 off?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No meet coming up...my goal was to break the over 45 raw bench world record. I turn 45 in Dec. However, if I stick to current diet and keep same cycle...bloods have been fine pulsing the anadrol at two weeks on one off...I will be damn near 400 pounds of body weight by Dec. Yeah, I'll probably be able to break the record...but weighing 400 has got to suck. Still...I haven't committed to losing the weight, and strength, yet...part me says **** it pack on the pounds, keep lifting sick heavy, eat like a monster and break the damn record, worry about losing the weight later. But, idk...that weight will suck hard. What would you fellas do?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
2 months on the Anadrol pulse...bloods are fine..so is bp...

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No meet coming up...my goal was to break the over 45 raw bench world record. I turn 45 in Dec. However, if I stick to current diet and keep same cycle...bloods have been fine pulsing the anadrol at two weeks on one off...I will be damn near 400 pounds of body weight by Dec. Yeah, I'll probably be able to break the record...but weighing 400 has got to suck. Still...I haven't committed to losing the weight, and strength, yet...part me says **** it pack on the pounds, keep lifting sick heavy, eat like a monster and break the damn record, worry about losing the weight later. But, idk...that weight will suck hard. What would you fellas do?
What's the record.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
What’s your hematocrit, if I may? Purely curious

Being 380 and eating everything in sight on the gear could produce some sketchy bloods & bp that could make a heart attack/stroke a very real concern at 45. If I was you I would go for it, on the condition you draw bloods every single month & promise yourself you will stop the push if you get some scary results, and you will take the weight off immediately after, no matter what. Can’t tell people about your record that only truly matters to you if you’re dead.

JM Blakley did it when he set bench records from 220 to 308 back down to 242 in a year or so. He ate 12,000 calories/day at his heaviest and as low as 2,500 (less than 25% of peak) to get back down. Dude was a boss.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
My diet is simple..all I eat..every meal is chicken breast or lean red meat with brown rice and broccoli 6 times a day. Literally that's all I eat. No sugar, no salt, no sauce, no alcohol, only water to drink. It sucks, but it works. Bloods are fine...liver enzyems are slightly elevated, bp is slightly...140 over 80. Dr knows what I'm doing and what I'm taking..gotta cool doc..and he isnt concerned. Eddie hall, Thor, and Brian Shaw...are all over 400...I don't know how healthy they are, but they are still alive...lol. I might just go for it. The record, from what I've found, for the over 45 raw bench is 615. I'm probably somewhere near 550 now. Haven't maxed out for awhile do to lack of spotters, but I'm repping 495 pretty easily...so 550 is really just a guess..might be more, might be less. I set a PR for my last set today on military press, or seated over head press for the young kids, with 365 for 6. I talked to a few guys at the gym today who agreed to meet me in tuesay for a max bench, so I'll see where I stand then. Thanks for the support guys..I'll see if I can't post a link and film my max effort try that day.

Joe_PWRLFTR

Awards
brown rice and broccoli 6 x a day sounds extremely uncomfortable.. talk about bloating?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No bloat at all...I do a lot of cardio though. I've played with diets for years...I get the best results from the one I'm currently on. Plus a little water weight helps the joints for us powerlifters. Being dry and lifting super heavy hurts like he'll...I've been under the bar for too many years to not know what works.

FRITZBLITZZ

FRITZBLITZZ

Awards
I have to ask a few questions. Do you think 2 on 1 off could be done with superdrol instead of anadrol assuming you check liver lvls? If you don't think SD could be ran 2 on 1 off what would be your 3-5 orals that you would chose if Adrol was just not available? The reason I'm asking is before so many ppl poisoned their livers of OTC steroids oral hepatoxity was not feared and I had a similar 2 on 1 off idea with SD just cuz I love SD. I'm 6'4 275 and want to get to 300, I started at 215 and not scrawney just lean. I realize you're huge even compared to me but what about 30 extra lbs is sooo hard to deal with? Is the 30 extra all solid mass or are you carrying any amount of fat worth mentioning? I realize us tall guys deal with enough size issues but at 275 I feel not bulked up and I play hockey, football, tennis, golf without any issue maybe a bit slower. I'm not doubting you I just want to get a few examples to put in my mind's eye espesially cuz I want to hit 300 by end of year but I thought that 310 would be my best weight to maintain and I might not have any clue what I'm in for

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yes, I think 2 on one off could be done with superdrol...as long as bloods are ok. Slightly elevated is to be expected, just as long as they aren't through the roof. As far as the weight, I was comfortable at 315..I could do whatever I wanted physically. The jump to 340 caused very noticeable levels of discomfort. My knees, hips, back...hurt all the time. Walking up stairs sucks. Laying in bed is even uncomfortable. I haven't gained much get,I still have visible..barely...abs. I think to continue with weight and strength gains will be almost unbearable. However...I really want that bench record. The scale today was 347...took today off from the gym and went fishing...my body just hurt too bad to lift today. IMO, you will definitely feel much different over 300...probably not for the better. Life over 300 is a whole different ball game.

FRITZBLITZZ

FRITZBLITZZ

Awards
Yes, I think 2 on one off could be done with superdrol...as long as bloods are ok. Slightly elevated is to be expected, just as long as they aren't through the roof. As far as the weight, I was comfortable at 315..I could do whatever I wanted physically. The jump to 340 caused very noticeable levels of discomfort. My knees, hips, back...hurt all the time. Walking up stairs sucks. Laying in bed is even uncomfortable. I haven't gained much get,I still have visible..barely...abs. I think to continue with weight and strength gains will be almost unbearable. However...I really want that bench record. The scale today was 347...took today off from the gym and went fishing...my body just hurt too bad to lift today. IMO, you will definitely feel much different over 300...probably not for the better. Life over 300 is a whole different ball game.
So to summarize what your saying is that it's not the extra bulk in body size it's the extra strain it puts on the frame and infrastructure that allows you to feel athletic? You are 45 I think and I'm 32 and when I said 310 and maintain I figured I could keep it till about 55 with maybe dropping to 295 but near 300. I feel what youre saying now! and I wan't to hit my peak and maintain. I'm not a pro BB I'm just a big guy who lifts, usually they say every 1" adds 10-15lbs, I'm only 2' less so 300 for 18 years wouldn't be that hard on my frame or am I fooling myself because I do play full contact hockey and football so size protects me but I don't want to be straining my joints the other 300 days of the year if you know what I mean.

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So to summarize what your saying is that it's not the extra bulk in body size it's the extra strain it puts on the frame and infrastructure that allows you to feel athletic? You are 45 I think and I'm 32 and when I said 310 and maintain I figured I could keep it till about 55 with maybe dropping to 295 but near 300. I feel what youre saying now! and I wan't to hit my peak and maintain. I'm not a pro BB I'm just a big guy who lifts, usually they say every 1" adds 10-15lbs, I'm only 2' less so 300 for 18 years wouldn't be that hard on my frame or am I fooling myself because I do play full contact hockey and football so size protects me but I don't want to be straining my joints the other 300 days of the year if you know what I mean.
Yes. The extra mass has definitely put a strain on my body...joints specifically. However, I am probably going to push it to get the record. I turn 45 in Dec. If I can't break it by the end of Jan 2019, or even if I do break it, I'm going to cut weight to get down to 300 or even under. Also, if the process of gaining the extra mass on the road to Dec becomes too much to handle, I'm going to scrap the plan and start cutting. I'm lucky in the fact that is really easy for me to both pack on size and also to lose it. I do have to admit that it is pretty cool that whenever I go out in public people always comment on my size. Yesterday to women wanted to take a picture with me at the supermarket..it's good for the ol' ego. It took me many many years of pain and dedication to get where I'm at and it feels good that people recognize that. You probably get similar reactions from the general public. And guys that are really knowledgeable understand how hard it is to fill out a tall frame. IMO, we have to work much harder to get big than the guys that are 5'8 with that short dense muscle fibers. Not taking a shot at our vertically challenged brothers of iron, but gaining size and strength is easier for them...at least in my opinion.

FRITZBLITZZ

FRITZBLITZZ

Awards
Yes. The extra mass has definitely put a strain on my body...joints specifically. However, I am probably going to push it to get the record. I turn 45 in Dec. If I can't break it by the end of Jan 2019, or even if I do break it, I'm going to cut weight to get down to 300 or even under. Also, if the process of gaining the extra mass on the road to Dec becomes too much to handle, I'm going to scrap the plan and start cutting. I'm lucky in the fact that is really easy for me to both pack on size and also to lose it. I do have to admit that it is pretty cool that whenever I go out in public people always comment on my size. Yesterday to women wanted to take a picture with me at the supermarket..it's good for the ol' ego. It took me many many years of pain and dedication to get where I'm at and it feels good that people recognize that. You probably get similar reactions from the general public. And guys that are really knowledgeable understand how hard it is to fill out a tall frame. IMO, we have to work much harder to get big than the guys that are 5'8 with that short dense muscle fibers. Not taking a shot at our vertically challenged brothers of iron, but gaining size and strength is easier for them...at least in my opinion.
Dude I feel exactly the same. The 1 thing I have to work out so hard is my arms cuz even if they are strong enough to push the bench bar unless you walk around with your arms flexed it doesn't look the same as a 5'8 guy who lifts about the same weight. I do get my ego stroked but only in the summer. I'm not a guy who takes his shirt off for no reason so it's either when my t-shirt is stuck to my body or shirtless for a good reason. And your right it takes a guy who has lifted for a while to recognize that to get 20" or more arms is an accomplishment for a tall guy

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dude I feel exactly the same. The 1 thing I have to work out so hard is my arms cuz even if they are strong enough to push the bench bar unless you walk around with your arms flexed it doesn't look the same as a 5'8 guy who lifts about the same weight. I do get my ego stroked but only in the summer. I'm not a guy who takes his shirt off for no reason so it's either when my t-shirt is stuck to my body or shirtless for a good reason. And your right it takes a guy who has lifted for a while to recognize that to get 20" or more arms is an accomplishment for a tall guy
After 6 foot it gets harder and harder.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
I wonder if its the same way for brian shaw and thor bjornsson being that big. Honestly not sure if i want to be as big as you but i definitely for sure want to be that strong lol. Im only 220 and all the guys at work always talk about how huge i am and my nickname is muscle milk. Wonder what they would think if they saw you lol

MrManlet

MrManlet

Awards
  • Established
Gym rat problems “got too big broseph”

I can relate but in a different way, I’m short so was always lean but started to bulk for 2 years got up to 186 when I got in a head on collision on the way to work and did some tissue damage to my back, which stopped me from lifting for a year but didn’t stop me from EATING like I was lifting that whole time... sadly have a pot belly now but my strength is still up.. dialing in the diet and runnin a lil gear to cut back even if it’s at the sacrifice of some strength... but doesn’t matter cuz u big enough for all us on here

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Recent problem is that I have started holding some water. Legs and ankles have swelled slightly in the last few days and I jumped up to 355. Sure it's all water. I'm gonna throw some aromasin at it and see if that helps. I'm running 750 of Test E and pulsing Anadrol 100mgs a day, two weeks on, one off. I'm sure the cycle and high E is the culprit. Think a a prescription diruretic from my doc would help? If so, any idea what kind of diruretic would be beneficial? Would clen help? I have some of that laying around. Bp is fine...never had an issue holding water. Any ideas guys?

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, my Doc is cool..he knows what I'm doing...doesn't know any of the science behind it and I usually have to help him with scripts that I have needed.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
A diuretic would get the water off but if high estro is the root cause I’d address that with some AI primarily vs adding a script diuretic that can jack with your kidneys or heart.

Plus if estro is high there are other things like lipids getting hit that you can’t feel.

Swap out asparagus for your broccoli and maybe grab some dandelion root extract to help get you down. Lasix will pull it off fast but I would encourage you to view that as a tool for an occasion rather than a maintenance drug.

Research the **** out of script diuretics before using them.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
My diet is simple..all I eat..every meal is chicken breast or lean red meat with brown rice and broccoli 6 times a day. Literally that's all I eat. No sugar, no salt, no sauce, no alcohol, only water to drink. It sucks, but it works. Bloods are fine...liver enzyems are slightly elevated, bp is slightly...140 over 80. Dr knows what I'm doing and what I'm taking..gotta cool doc..and he isnt concerned. Eddie hall, Thor, and Brian Shaw...are all over 400...I don't know how healthy they are, but they are still alive...lol. I might just go for it. The record, from what I've found, for the over 45 raw bench is 615. I'm probably somewhere near 550 now. Haven't maxed out for awhile do to lack of spotters, but I'm repping 495 pretty easily...so 550 is really just a guess..might be more, might be less. I set a PR for my last set today on military press, or seated over head press for the young kids, with 365 for 6. I talked to a few guys at the gym today who agreed to meet me in tuesay for a max bench, so I'll see where I stand then. Thanks for the support guys..I'll see if I can't post a link and film my max effort try that day.
Few things strike me about this thread, first up you are a beast of a man, many congrats as that is amazing work ethic and dedication.

Second, I’m only 6’2 but I train with shorter guys who can get big and strong easier than me, it inspires me to know that height doesn’t mean I can’t get there, we might have to work harder but it can be done.

Third - I’m pmsl at the expression the guys in the gym must make when you want a spot lol. I’d be praying like a mo fo that you made the lift without needing assistance haha

swimfan65

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks, my heavy sets, and there are a lot of them, I always push past failure. However, my assists usually are only a finger assist. I do my heavy lifts, unless I'm maxing out, slower with weight I know I can get, but I do them slow and force myself into failure. Whoever is sporting me, I ask them to just come up slow with me and make me work for each rep. I do my last 5 heavy sets like this...it's is truly and eyeball popping, due to strain of course, experience. I then descend down in 45 pound increments for like 6 or 7 more sets. Its not unusual for me to spend over an hour just in flat bench. Before I get flamed for my bench routine, it has obviously served me well and I'm still making gains every month.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks, my heavy sets, and there are a lot of them, I always push past failure. However, my assists usually are only a finger assist. I do my heavy lifts, unless I'm maxing out, slower with weight I know I can get, but I do them slow and force myself into failure. Whoever is sporting me, I ask them to just come up slow with me and make me work for each rep. I do my last 5 heavy sets like this...it's is truly and eyeball popping, due to strain of course, experience. I then descend down in 45 pound increments for like 6 or 7 more sets. Its not unusual for me to spend over an hour just in flat bench. Before I get flamed for my bench routine, it has obviously served me well and I'm still making gains every month.
I’d never question the training of a guy moving weight I could only dream of but this makes sense to me anyway - loads of TUT if I understand it right?

It’s normally an hour for me before I’ve finished my main compound lift on heavy days (including warm up and maybe some d!cking around - it’s quicker when I train in a normal gym). My main focus is to get stronger on the big three (plus oh press) with accessory work as just a nice bonus when that increases.....

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
No way close to you. But i am 6 2 250 lbs at 8% and was 280 at 10%, never did a real cycle but only designers like 5 cycles. I hated myself at 280 and felt it was turning against me, it was obvious in mma/grappling. I did keto diet for 3 months, dropped coupls lbs and now i am 6 days keto and 1 day refeed 350 grs carbs. I am on 2300-2500 cal keto zero carb 6 days a week. I feel great, still have my strength, muscle mass...etc.

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
No way close to you. But i am 6 2 250 lbs at 8% and was 280 at 10%, never did a real cycle but only designers like 5 cycles. I hated myself at 280 and felt it was turning against me, it was obvious in mma/grappling. I did keto diet for 3 months, dropped coupls lbs and now i am 6 days keto and 1 day refeed 350 grs carbs. I am on 2300-2500 cal keto zero carb 6 days a week. I feel great, still have my strength, muscle mass...etc.
Designers are a real cycle lol those things give legit gains (and legit sides in some cases)

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Third - I’m pmsl at the expression the guys in the gym must make when you want a spot lol. I’d be praying like a mo fo that you made the lift without needing assistance haha
If you know how to spot a real bench, it’s not bad. You just have to be braced and very present - anything over 500 should really have side-spotters unless it’s something the lifter can rep easily.

Designers are a real cycle lol those things give legit gains (and legit sides in some cases)
Bro I’ve only done 5 steroid cycles; I’m all natty!

christ83189

christ83189

Awards
  • Established
If you know how to spot a real bench, it’s not bad. You just have to be braced and very present - anything over 500 should really have side-spotters unless it’s something the lifter can rep easily.

Lol

Whey

Whey

Awards
  • Established
Lay off the gear - how many lbs of water are you holding/retaining?

Cgkone

Cgkone

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

yup.
i wouldnt spot 500lb by myself.

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Never said they were not steroids by any means. Just meant never did a long cycle 12 weeks ...etc, let alone cruising with bursts year along. From all the designer i did, i never came back to square 1 by losing my gains.

Doing a 4 weeks epi at 30 is nothing close to a 16 week at 750 test cyp with deca at 500 mg.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Never said they were not steroids by any means. Just meant never did a long cycle 12 weeks ...etc, let alone cruising with bursts year along. From all the designer i did, i never came back to square 1 by losing my gains.

Doing a 4 weeks epi at 30 is nothing close to a 16 week at 750 test cyp with deca at 500 mg.
We know what you mean, and I agree completely - just yanking ur chain a bit

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
NP, bro. The only thing i have been all year around is Orange Triad with about 5 months health IQ blasts. Am i still natty?.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
NP, bro. The only thing i have been all year around is Orange Triad with about 5 months health IQ blasts. Am i still natty?.
Well, you’re trying to keep your body running well- this could be construed as performance enhancement

Naseem

Naseem

Awards
  • Established
Need to load up before they add it to the new controlled substance act :09: