Got my testosterone test back. What does this mean?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Went to TRT Clinic today. Not really good experience because
(1) they opened door to their office (clinic), but forgot to open door to building. This causes me concern because opening front door is such a simple task.

(2) took nurse 3 attempts to draw blood and tried 3 different needle gauges. Usually one try is all it takes, but never 3 times. What concerns me is that I felt like a guinea pig...lets try this gauge, opps....maybe larger one, opps...lets try the medium again, opps. maybe the small one will work which was successful but hurt the most.

(3) I asked for ideal T level range and Doc said it was based on what insurance will allow. I may be wrong, but I say BS. He said some insurance only allows 600 T level. I will call my insurance to confirm.

(4) this is the one that concerned me the most. I asked for protocol, but doc said I'll go over with you on next appointment when we go over your labs. I asked to tell me now and doc hesitantly said that I will have to come in for injections. I asked if I'd eventually get to do on my own and he did not say "yes". Doc said that they are more concerned with increasing T levels while reducing and eliminating low T symptoms. I asked if once dialed in? He said we will discuss more on next appointment when we go over labs.

I am disappointed. I assumed that they would let me self inject at home. My wife works for medical insurance and said "that is how they make their money". Not letting me self inject is why I will not return.

I have 1 more bloodwork to do for the urologist to start treating me.
Find a new dr but in my experience a urologist is not the way to go. Endo or integrative medicine dr is the best bet.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Find a new dr but in my experience a urologist is not the way to go. Endo or integrative medicine dr is the best bet.
My PCP referred me to urologist. I asked why and his nurse said that either or can treat TRT and that they have been sending all of their TRT patients to urologist. I am going to stick with him because I am ok with his/their office's TRT protocol. If I choose test, then they will teach me to self inject and rx is for 3 months at a time followed by bloodwork and then another 3 months.....etc. Also there are other options to treat TRT that the clinic won't do such as try clomid and pellets.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
My PCP referred me to urologist. I asked why and his nurse said that either or can treat TRT and that they have been sending all of their TRT patients to urologist. I am going to stick with him because I am ok with his/their office's TRT protocol. If I choose test, then they will teach me to self inject and rx is for 3 months at a time followed by bloodwork and then another 3 months.....etc. Also there are other options to treat TRT that the clinic won't do such as try clomid and pellets.
I hope the urologist works out for you. I was referred to a urologist almost 3 years ago a few months after I started TRT. When my total T got to 800 he said that was way too high and I needed to start injecting every two weeks to drop it to 350-400 range. He also said I would probably feel like sh/!. Needless to say I left and went to an integrative medicine dr. It is not a clinic. They specialize in discovering what is causing each patients problems instead of treating the symptoms like traditional medicine. I know a lot of people that go there for things other than TRT.

Research the pellets really well before you decide on them. Remember once the pellets are in they are in to stay. Maybe be too many pellets or not enough.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I'm going to guess:
200mg test cyp per week
250-500IU HCG 2x wk
Arimidex .5 2x wk
Vitamin B inject
You were close.

This is from TRT clinic:
This is my TRT protocol until next bloodwork in 6 week.
160mg Test Cyp preload for week 1
100mg Test Cyp per week
HcG, but I can't remember IU. Got called into pharmacy to see if my insurance will pay. If not, then will get from compound pharmacy ($120 for 2 months supply). Protocol will be 2 months on, 1 month off, 2 months on, 1 month off.....etc...
Anastrozole .25 once a week. take on day after injection.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
My next blood work is in about 6 weeks from now. Lets say I started either Ostar1ne or LeGenD on top of my TRT dose (100mg test cyp per week). Now that I have started TRT, what do you think Osta or LGD will do to my bloodwork? What I mean is that will it effect my bloodwork in a way that doc will reduce my test?

hey yates84, what do you think?

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure, I am not overly familiar with them, but Id' say that it is in your best interest not to add anything if you are trying to dial in a protocol and see where you stand on TRT alone. I even dropped herbals that influence free test and e2 when dialing it.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I've been wondering about SHBG/free test values also. My total test is fine but S-SHBG=47. Doctor said "it's in the reference range, dont worry". But lower SHBG would make free (usable) test higher, right? datsthat are you going to get the SHBG tested before trying i.e Divanil? Cheers
My latest bloodwork tested for SHBG which is 35.3 nmol/L (Range 16.5 - 55.9). Test Serum 273 ng/dL (Range 348 - 1197). Free Test 5.12 ng/dL. This is my highest test level. It went from 145, 194 and now to 273

Dude at TRT clinci said they want SHBG to be between 20-30. And that SHBG will go down as Test goes up. I call him a dude because he is no medical doctor. I think it is only a medical assistant or something like that because the doc that they use (barry wheeler) owns the place, but I will never be seen by him even though insurance pays him.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I'm not sure, I am not overly familiar with them, but Id' say that it is in your best interest not to add anything if you are trying to dial in a protocol and see where you stand on TRT alone. I even dropped herbals that influence free test and e2 when dialing it.
Yea, thats the same advice EVERYBODY has told me....get dialed in first, then rock on. My reasons for wanting to add something is because of newbie gains. What I mean is that my test levels are so low and that my TRT does should increase it roughly 3 times which I think my body will look at as anabolic dose. I've heard the best newbie anabolic gains are during your first cycle. I hope that make sense.

But I should listen to the folks that has been there and done that....its tempting to add oral AAS or either bottles of SARMs that I have, but I will wait. I don't want to screw anything up, including relationship with my doc.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First question when numbers are thrown out is "why is that?" If they can't explain why they are using a specific range or why they are treating numbers instead of symptoms, that is a red flag.

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Yea, thats the same advice EVERYBODY has told me....get dialed in first, then rock on. My reasons for wanting to add something is because of newbie gains. What I mean is that my test levels are so low and that my TRT does should increase it roughly 3 times which I think my body will look at as anabolic dose. I've heard the best newbie anabolic gains are during your first cycle. I hope that make sense.

But I should listen to the folks that has been there and done that....its tempting to add oral AAS or either bottles of SARMs that I have, but I will wait. I don't want to screw anything up, including relationship with my doc.
You aren't running a cycle, though. You are going on TRT. They are two completely different things and will not affect you the same. You run a cycle to get outside of physiological ranges.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
You aren't running a cycle, though. You are going on TRT. They are two completely different things and will not affect you the same. You run a cycle to get outside of physiological ranges.
What level are considered physiological ranges? Is it 3-5x as natural test level? I understand I am not running a cycle, but I assumed that my body will look at my TRT dose as an anabolic dose because it should raise my test level 3x what it is now.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude don't add ANYTHING to your protocol until you're dialed in. If you do your dr isn't going to know how to adjust it based on your labs because you'll have them jacked up with things you've added. Once you're dialed in you can blast all you want and go back to your TRT protocol weeks before your labs and you'll be fine.

Are you planning on having kids? If not why do you want to take HCG?

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Dude don't add ANYTHING to your protocol until you're dialed in. If you do your dr isn't going to know how to adjust it based on your labs because you'll have them jacked up with things you've added. Once you're dialed in you can blast all you want and go back to your TRT protocol weeks before your labs and you'll be fine.

Are you planning on having kids? If not why do you want to take HCG?
Probably not for kids, but will be happy if I have another child. I asked for it to keep my balls from disappearing because I've a common comment I've read is feeling better with than without it. Balls may cause pain when retracting. I don't want 2 raisins.

What's your thoughts on hcg while on TRT

Also my test level has increased with each test. I wonder why? I've been a wreak this last 3 weeks or so due to learning that I have low T. My stress has increased and sleeping sucks. First test don't really count because it was at 7pm. 2nd and 3rd was between 8-9am.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Unless you're planning having kids then HCG is a waste. It causes E2 issues that are hard to manage. Your nuts aren't going to shrink to nothing. Your T levels going up could be a multitude of reasons such as less stress more sleep or removing another negative factor from your lifestyle.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Unless you're planning having kids then HCG is a waste. It causes E2 issues that are hard to manage. Your nuts aren't going to shrink to nothing. Your T levels going up could be a multitude of reasons such as less stress more sleep or removing another negative factor from your lifestyle.
Dude at TRT clinic said that if I ever stop TRT my balls will have a much greater chance of working if use hcg. I've also read similar on other forums.

So I take it nobody here on TRT is using HcG?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Dude at TRT clinic said that if I ever stop TRT my balls will have a much greater chance of working if use hcg. I've also read similar on other forums.

So I take it nobody here on TRT is using HcG?
If you're on TRT and truly need to be, there's no coming off. It's for life. There's a few on here that do use HCG but mostly not.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
If you're on TRT and truly need to be, there's no coming off. It's for life. There's a few on here that do use HCG but mostly not.
Sorry what I meant by stopping TRT is if I ever am in a situation where I cannot afford it. I plan on being on TRT the rest of my life.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry what I meant by stopping TRT is if I ever am in a situation where I cannot afford it. I plan on being on TRT the rest of my life.
TRT meds are pretty cheap even without insurance. I had to buy my test cyp before my insurance approved it. It cost me $70 and it will last 3 months.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
TRT meds are pretty cheap even without insurance. I had to buy my test cyp before my insurance approved it. It cost me $70 and it will last 3 months.
I am sure I can figure out a way to afford the medicine, but the doctor visit and labs will be expensive and will add up.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I am sure I can figure out a way to afford the medicine, but the doctor visit and labs will be expensive and will add up.
Not sure where you live but privatemdlabs dot com has a female hormone panel that gives you CBC, E2, TT, FSH and LH for about $60. You can take these results to doctor and cut costs.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
dose is only 100mg test cyp + .25mg Arimidex a week. If I don't take the HcG, do you think that I should take armidex now or wait for symptons and/or next bloodwork (mid dec)?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
dose is only 100mg test cyp + .25mg Arimidex a week. If I don't take the HcG, do you think that I should take armidex now or wait for symptons and/or next bloodwork (mid dec)?
If you're not taking HCG I would wait until labs before taking an AI.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Update:
Just want to say thank you for all that responded on this thread. I appreciate your help. Prior to starting TRT, I was confident that my T was normal. Then I got results and showed below normal. I've experience low T symptoms for the last 8 years but I had no idea that it was related to low T. I thought it was a result of chronic opiate usage/abuse. I thought that I simply had to deal with it due to the very bad lifestyle choices I've made. Fast forward to 4 injections later and I am feeling MARVELOUS. I am actually working out twice a day due to extra energy. My confidence is the highest its been in a long time. last time it was that high was when I took 8 weeks of ultimate T (funny that my wife joked that I had low T). My muscles feels alive. This is exaggerating, but I feel like I can get a pump by thinking lifting. My libido is increasing and it feels great to know that my 3rd leg is always on call and ready for duty. I am happy and glad that I started TRT. Injection time is a family thing...my wife and my son watches and helps (not with injection). TRT has helped my relationship with my son because I have plenty of energy to play with him when I get off work and then I go to gym after I put him to bed. My son is able to relate as he has hemophilia so now we both gets shots.

Panda40

Awards
Update:
Just want to say thank you for all that responded on this thread. I appreciate your help. Prior to starting TRT, I was confident that my T was normal. Then I got results and showed below normal. I've experience low T symptoms for the last 8 years but I had no idea that it was related to low T. I thought it was a result of chronic opiate usage/abuse. I thought that I simply had to deal with it due to the very bad lifestyle choices I've made. Fast forward to 4 injections later and I am feeling MARVELOUS. I am actually working out twice a day due to extra energy. My confidence is the highest its been in a long time. last time it was that high was when I took 8 weeks of ultimate T (funny that my wife joked that I had low T). My muscles feels alive. This is exaggerating, but I feel like I can get a pump by thinking lifting. My libido is increasing and it feels great to know that my 3rd leg is always on call and ready for duty. I am happy and glad that I started TRT. Injection time is a family thing...my wife and my son watches and helps (not with injection). TRT has helped my relationship with my son because I have plenty of energy to play with him when I get off work and then I go to gym after I put him to bed. My son is able to relate as he has hemophilia so now we both gets shots.
That's great news! I've been away for awhile due to work & family issues but it's good to come back and hear that you're doing and feeling well! More power to ya man!

C Dub805

C Dub805

Awards
What was your estradiol before starting your TRT protocol? You may not even need an AI on 100mg per week.

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
This protocol is similar to what I dose. I'd wait until next bloodwork to see if you really need the arimidex.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
What was your estradiol before starting your TRT protocol? You may not even need an AI on 100mg per week.
Here are my results from my 2nd bloodwork done at 8:30am
2nd test with complete results.jpg

This protocol is similar to what I dose. I'd wait until next bloodwork to see if you really need the arimidex.
I was going to wait to take adex, but my nipples started getting sensitive and puffy/swollen. My nipples doesn't remain sensitive and puffy/swolle at all times, but mainly only when there is something rubbing against it such as my fingers. A tittie twister would put me to tears. I did an experiment and took .25 day after injection for 3 consecutive days and my e2 went way south. My skin and lips were dried, libido decreased dramatically, minor hot flashes every couple hours during day and at while sleeping. I woke up during night sweaty but not drenched in sweat. The reason for my experiment was to know what low e2 felt like. I knew that I was taking too much adex.

I've read that my sensitive and puffy/swolle nipples are due to hormonal changes and NOT DUE to gyno. My nipples feels fine (no hard pea size lumps) when they are not rubbing on anything.

My next bloodwork is in couple weeks

C Dub805

C Dub805

Awards
Here are my results from my 2nd bloodwork done at 8:30am
View attachment 127006

I was going to wait to take adex, but my nipples started getting sensitive and puffy/swollen. My nipples doesn't remain sensitive and puffy/swolle at all times, but mainly only when there is something rubbing against it such as my fingers. A tittie twister would put me to tears. I did an experiment and took .25 day after injection for 3 consecutive days and my e2 went way south. My skin and lips were dried, libido decreased dramatically, minor hot flashes every couple hours during day and at while sleeping. I woke up during night sweaty but not drenched in sweat. The reason for my experiment was to know what low e2 felt like. I knew that I was taking too much adex.

I've read that my sensitive and puffy/swolle nipples are due to hormonal changes and NOT DUE to gyno. My nipples feels fine (no hard pea size lumps) when they are not rubbing on anything.

My next bloodwork is in couple weeks
Interesting. Your E is on the low end, but within the normal reference range. Your TT and FT levels are very similar to mine pre-TRT, but my E was much higher. This is a good example of how a protocol must be very individualized and how premature it is for any of us to claim what dose one should take and/or what constitutes too low a dose or too high a dose, etc. We are all individuals who will respond differently to the various approaches available. Thanks for sharing! Yeah, this is the reason I am on TRT! I refuse to live with in the gutter T levels if I don't have to and quite frankly, I am more than willing to accept any perceived risks attached to life-long TRT as there are just as many medically documented risks associated with having low T levels! This is what many people fail to acknowledge......cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, prostate issues can all be attributed to low T levels in men and there is plenty of published science to corroborate this.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
Interesting. Your E is on the low end, but within the normal reference range. Your TT and FT levels are very similar to mine pre-TRT, but my E was much higher. This is a good example of how a protocol must be very individualized and how premature it is for any of us to claim what dose one should take and/or what constitutes too low a dose or too high a dose, etc. We are all individuals who will respond differently to the various approaches available. Thanks for sharing! Yeah, this is the reason I am on TRT! I refuse to live with in the gutter T levels if I don't have to and quite frankly, I am more than willing to accept any perceived risks attached to life-long TRT as there are just as many medically documented risks associated with having low T levels! This is what many people fail to acknowledge......cardiovascular disease, metabolic syndrome, diabetes, prostate issues can all be attributed to low T levels in men and there is plenty of published science to corroborate this.
I think the reason why my nipples got so sensitive is because my E was already on the low end so along with increased T, E also increased.

My 1st bloodwork (roughly 6 weeks in) is in couple weeks and I will let update here. I am curious to what my levels will be. Lately I have been feeling less and less of TRT. I am sure what I felt so far was mostly placebo.

Please keep me updated on your progress.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I think the reason why my nipples got so sensitive is because my E was already on the low end so along with increased T, E also increased.

My 1st bloodwork (roughly 6 weeks in) is in couple weeks and I will let update here. I am curious to what my levels will be. Lately I have been feeling less and less of TRT. I am sure what I felt so far was mostly placebo.

I think the reason you're feeling bad is due to your E2 being low. Yea you're in the normal range but you are at the very bottom and I guarantee there's no one on this forum that gets by with their E2 that low. Most of the time guys work well with it in the high teens to the low to mid 20's. Need to figure out what is suppressing it that much and how to get it to a good level for you.

datsthat

datsthat

Awards
  • Established
I think the reason you're feeling bad is due to your E2 being low. Yea you're in the normal range but you are at the very bottom and I guarantee there's no one on this forum that gets by with their E2 that low. Most of the time guys work well with it in the high teens to the low to mid 20's. Need to figure out what is suppressing it that much and how to get it to a good level for you.
Thank you for your (continual) comments. My doc thinks that my E was so low to start with is because my T was so low. I'll wait until results of my next bloodwork and talk to my doc about it.

C Dub805

C Dub805

Awards

Placebo is so powerful. Honestly, supplement companies make millions off the placebo effect. The mind is such a powerful entity! As far as TRT is concerned; there truly is a benefit when your T levels are otherwise in the gutter. If your T was in the gutter and you get on TRT and increase your T levels to the high end of normal range then you will experience the benefits that is TRT, which is less fatigue and more energy, mental clarity, increased libido and an overall sense of well-being. The problem is that many guys on TRT think they are supposed to experience some anabolic effect where they go from dud to stud on 100-200mg of test cypionate per week and the reality is this just isn't the case. That isn't even the goal of TRT. The goal is to restore your levels back to within a healthy normal range so that you experience a better quality of life. TRT works for those whose levels are otherwise in the gutter. I can tell you that I feel great on 200mg of test cypionate per week and I have been on this protocol for just under a year. I feel amazing compared to how I felt pre-TRT. As far as estradiol (E) is concerned, too low and you will have issues. My E is a lot higher than yours and was a lot higher even pre-TRT, but I am not at all symptomatic and I feel great so I don't take an AI. And I'd rather avoid having to take an AI. Now, if I run a blast and increase my total dosage of test to 500mg per week I will most certainly run an AI because at that point I know my E will shoot up too high, which I don't want. At the end of the day, all of this is trial and error and very individualized in approach. I truly believe all this can be done in a safe manner so long as we remain cautious and reasonable. At the same time, we have to accept there are risks associated with all this. As a matter of fact, no drug comes without risk. But, life is not without risk either. We risk injury and/or death every single day we get behind the wheel, participate in a sport, etc.