Got my Testosterone results (couple questions?)

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
First off just wanted to say that having been on here [anabolicminds] this year I've learned much and now my doctor can't get out of the office fast enough during my yearly check up:laugh2:. I have plenty to ask for and about.

So naturally I said test my test bitch. Anyway everything came back from the blood test as great and even when she got to the liver and kidney and my blood pressure shot up for a quarter of a second in anticipation...she said good.
OK MY REASON FOR THIS POST :D

So she said my test levels came back and the scale of which this came out was something like 1.45 or .45 - 10. She said that usually it might look like 100-1000. So mine came back 4.10 (she said on other tests maybe it would look like 410 but they use decimals).
So i say ok umm.. so is that normal, high, low...for my age?. With her spanish accent she said..eh uh is like 4.10 so in tha middle. I say ok uh well thanks....as long as everything else is good.
oh yez its good.
So since I got little info from her, can anyone expand on what is good, bad and ugly with my results for my age?
Me: (like in the side column says) 32-198ish-work out 4 days a week-lots of protein creatine beta al multi vit saw palmtto silymarin.

Thanks guys.:afro:

DenDestroys

Awards
410 is a little on the low end. Mine was 525 and they told me the same thing they said to you. But after taking ZMA and a test booster, I jumped up to 953. I no longer take the test booster, just ZMA, but you definitely feel more alpha-male with higher test. I just all around feel more confident and comfortable with myself.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Crap. I took activate xtr for a couple weeks in June but stopped cuz I read that any boost in test could also raise DHT. I'm not bald but its slowly receding and my mom's side doesn't have bad hairloss but my dad does. I figured not to temp fate but now i'm not so sure...

DenDestroys

Awards
I know I'm predisposed to MPB, but I fortunately haven't had any adverse effects when taking PCT assist. I'm think it wa DHEA in a product I took a couple years ago that kickstarted my hairloss. So bad that my shower drain was damn near clogging everynight.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Oh crap.
Well I checked out propecia and its frickin 90 a MONTH! No Fing way man. I looked up DHT blocking herbs and found pumpkin seed oil - green tea - saw palmetto - stinging nettle all do in some form or fashion so I'm taking the cheaper route and combining them. I heard people don't have problems with Stoked as much either. Let me check out PCT assist though.

DenDestroys

Awards
Oh crap.
Well I checked out propecia and its frickin 90 a MONTH! No Fing way man. I looked up DHT blocking herbs and found pumpkin seed oil - green tea - saw palmetto - stinging nettle all do in some form or fashion so I'm taking the cheaper route and combining them. I heard people don't have problems with Stoked as much either. Let me check out PCT assist though.
Yeah, I'd be careful with Propecia and like products; I've heard of men having permanent erectile dysfunction from the stuff. So definitely do your research if you want to go that route.

Dath

Awards
Oh crap.
You mentioned stinging nettle but it looks like you need to use the 3,4 divanilly... extract to get the benefit of protecting your hair. NP's bulk divanex says:

"Nettle extracts also inhibit enzymes such as 5 alpha reductase that cause testosterone to convert to DHT. It is the DHT metabolite of testosterone that is known to cause benign prostate enlargement, excess facial hair and hair loss at the top of the head."

http://www.nutraplanet.com/product/nutraplanet/bulk-divanex-95-nettle-root-50-grams.html

The one thing I'm wondering is if divanex can be taken continously without a break or does it need to be cycled. Anyone know?

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
It was the main ingredient of activate xtreme. I read that a standardized extract of Stinging NR would have benefits as well. That is interesting though I might just hop back on it if thats the case. As far as continuous use I suppose if its boosting test it should possibly be cycled as well.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I'd be careful with Propecia and like products; I've heard of men having permanent erectile dysfunction from the stuff. So definitely do your research if you want to go that route.
Sh!t even if I wanted to take it I can't afford forking out 200 bucks every 2 months.

BOHICA

BOHICA

Awards
  • Established
Crap. I took activate xtr for a couple weeks in June but stopped cuz I read that any boost in test could also raise DHT. I'm not bald but its slowly receding and my mom's side doesn't have bad hairloss but my dad does. I figured not to temp fate but now i'm not so sure...
If your mothers father isn't bald then you have nothing really to worry about.

The genetic trait of MPB comes from your mothers set of genes so look at her dad to see where you will end up.

JasonblkZ06

Awards
If your mothers father isn't bald then you have nothing really to worry about.

The genetic trait of MPB comes from your mothers set of genes so look at her dad to see where you will end up.
It can skip generations as well. I have hairloss in the back and my grandfather had excellent hair. Need to know about great grandfather, uncles, cousins etc on mother's side to get an overall picture.

Jessep76

Jessep76

Awards
  • Established
So doctor actually sat down and went over all the tests and according to him your test can be higher or lower depending on different factors during the day. So even though it could have been really low I suppose its also true it could have been high in a sense. He did say that I didn't have to worry and that its not really "low" or low enough for concern. While I don't like being told I'm average especially after taking activate xtreme in the last 6 months I don't think visually I'm doing bad. I'm actually leaner than I've been in maybe 4 years since I got my desk job. And I do all my squats and take my vitamins, so if he says I'm ok I guess I'll have to suck it up and believe him.