Got My Blood Work Done Liver Enzymes AST and ALT High

VTL1192

Awards
Got my blood work done, my liver enzymes AST and ALT were pretty high.. this year AST=143 U/L but last year i was at 45 U/L and my ALT was 77.. My Testosterone was pretty low 302.. My TSH was 1.70 T4 6.9 T3 81

My Doctor wont prescribe me any testosterone shots till my AST and ALT are back to normal.. 2 of my friends tested high for AST and ALT because of heavy workouts in the past.. Anyone know what i should do to lower my levels? Also anyone have any experience with supplements that would raise my levels this high?

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
What's the timeframe between your last workout prior to blood work and the blood work?

VTL1192

Awards
i worked out the night before doing bloodwork.. i usually train 5 days a week

kenpoengineer

kenpoengineer

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you run any cycles? This will mess with your liver.

blacklac

blacklac

Awards
i worked out the night before doing bloodwork.. i usually train 5 days a week

That could very well be part of it. Best to wait 3-5 days after your last workout, to get bloodwork done. Weightlifting can raise liver enzymes.

TGB1987

TGB1987

Awards
  • Established
Were your running any oral steroids or Prohormones ? How about any antibiotics or over the counter or prescription pain killers? As for lowering the liver enzymes I would recommend Antaeus labs Aegis. https://www.tgbsupplements.com/p-7146-antaeus-labs-aegis-180-capsules.aspx

Another option would to add the Antaeus Labs Talos with it https://www.tgbsupplements.com/p-9755-antaeus-labs-talos-120-capsules.aspx

This should definitely drop the liver enzymes. Another option would be Olympus labs TUDCA which is the main ingredient in Aegis.

RipdnTxs

Awards
  • Established
I know its difficult for us to not workout but I had the same thing happen to me a few years ago and I asked my Doc if working out can skew the results. He said if I was really breaking down muscle tissue it could alter the results, I stopped for a week or ten days and had the test again and my #s dropped to well with in normal range. Blacklac may b spot on an its not gonna kill ya to take a short break, may even help !!! JMO

kevinhy

kevinhy

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I had similar liver enzymes a day after a very hard leg workout. I waited a few days with no training, retook the test and they were all at the bottom end of the normal range.

VTL1192

Awards
just and update.. i didn't workout for 10 days went back to do my blood work. my AST and ALT Levels were back to normal.