Got a rash from Iconic Formulations supplements

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
hi,

I tried to DM an iconic rep, but I didn't know who to DM. But, I ordered a bottle of pregnolone topical, dhea topical, and ultra hard (which I haven't tried yet) on black friday. Is it possible to return these? The pregnolone gave me a serious rash on my biceps and forearms.

I'd love to use these supplements, but there is something in it that irritates my skin. If anyone has any suggestions for something to add to the formula to make it more tolerable, let me know.

Thx

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I had a similar issue with a topical last year (not an Iconic product), which was a shame since I enjoyed the product prior to rashing out. I was advised by some users here to exfoliate properly while in the shower and to try moisturizing the application sites more often, to avoid drying the skin out too much. Worth a shot, unless you’re dead set on returning the product. Either way, good luck to ya

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
hi,

I tried to DM an iconic rep, but I didn't know who to DM. But, I ordered a bottle of pregnolone topical, dhea topical, and ultra hard (which I haven't tried yet) on black friday. Is it possible to return these? The pregnolone gave me a serious rash on my biceps and forearms.

I'd love to use these supplements, but there is something in it that irritates my skin. If anyone has any suggestions for something to add to the formula to make it more tolerable, let me know.

Thx
@delsolrob

sorry you have issue with the products...surprising you have issues with the preg and dhea, the salvo is very mild on my skin and is a top carrier for transdermal products....my advice would be to try applying a moisturizer to skin after the topical has dried.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
@delsolrob

sorry you have issue with the products...surprising you have issues with the preg and dhea, the salvo is very mild on my skin and is a top carrier for transdermal products....my advice would be to try applying a moisturizer to skin after the topical has dried.
Ok, I'll give it another try. How long should I wait after I apply it should I apply some kind of moisturizer?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Ok, I'll give it another try. How long should I wait after I apply it should I apply some kind of moisturizer?
i think at least 15 minutes, i wouldn't be in too big of a hurry, make sure it's completely dry...are you using once ot twice daily?

also i have heard some people say that applying right after shower increases chance of irritation, you might try waiting half an hour or so after showering to apply...again really sorry to hear you are having issues, i hope this helps!!!

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
i think at least 15 minutes, i wouldn't be in too big of a hurry, make sure it's completely dry...are you using once ot twice daily?

also i have heard some people say that applying right after shower increases chance of irritation, you might try waiting half an hour or so after showering to apply...again really sorry to hear you are having issues, i hope this helps!!!
Yeah, I was using it once a day right after I got out of the shower. So, I'm guessing all your pores are open and maybe some of that stuff to help it pass through the skin is getting into my pores and irritating it. I'll wait after my shower to apply and then put some lotion on 30 minutes later.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Yeah, I was using it once a day right after I got out of the shower. So, I'm guessing all your pores are open and maybe some of that stuff to help it pass through the skin is getting into my pores and irritating it. I'll wait after my shower to apply and then put some lotion on 30 minutes later.
It puts the lotion on it's skin, to try and avoid the rash again

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
try this and let me know how that works out for you!!!

hopefully this 'clears' things up for you!!!

also you might try twice daily dosing, this is how i dose the salvo products like dhea/preg/invictus and virtus.

Last edited:
ANABOLICWRWLF

ANABOLICWRWLF

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
try this and let me know how that works out for you!!!

hopefully this 'clears' things up for you!!!

also you might try twice daily dosing, this is how i dose the salvo products like dhea/preg/invictus and virtus.
OP I think thebigt is suggesting you split the dosage into two applications, not double dosing. Just to be... Ahem... Clear. 😉

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
You may also look to try other areas. My arms seem to get more effected than my shoulders and clavicles

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I have had problems with Transdermal supplements, but never an Iconic Brand, I hope you can get the rash resolved because their products are awesome!!

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
OP I think thebigt is suggesting you split the dosage into two applications, not double dosing. Just to be... Ahem... Clear. 😉
Ah, I see. I was using 1ml over a single area. I guess I could apply the other .5ml to a different location before bed when I brush my teeth so I can remember to do it.

You may also look to try other areas. My arms seem to get more effected than my shoulders and clavicles
Good suggestions.

I have had problems with Transdermal supplements, but never an Iconic Brand, I hope you can get the rash resolved because their products are awesome!!
Yes, I really like their ingredients in their products. I bought the pregnenolone because I have heard super good things about it for mental health. I actually mentioned it to my shrink and he recommended it to another patient and he said the guy wanted to give him a million bucks because it cured him instantly. They're also looking into pregnenolone to treat post partum depression.

Dr. Kristina Deligiannidis was the lead investigator on the clinical trials that led to Zulesso's approval. She said the drug acts in a way that's different from other antidepressants.

Zulesso "acts on the main inhibitory neurotransmitter system in the brain, the GABA system," explained Deligiannidis, who helps direct women's behavioral health at Zucker Hillside Hospital, in Glen Oaks, N.Y.

The drug's active ingredient is synthetic allopregnanolone, a steroid that the body also makes naturally.

"Allopregnanolone is known to modulate the stress response system in humans, which has been shown to be abnormally functioning in women with postpartum depression," Deligiannidis explained.

it looks like the link to the second page is broken, so that's all i could find

In the studies, they were actually looking at allopregnenolone, which is a slightly modified version of pregnenolone. Both pregnenolone and allopregnenolone are made from progesterone, which is not how I thought it was made. I always thought it was made from cholesterol in the body and then converted to DHEA.

I think it would be awesome if we could get topical allopregnenolone, or if someone could esterfy allopregnenolone into something like allopregnenolone propionate or undecylenate or something, suspend it in an oil capsule and be sold as a dietary supplement.

Thanks for all the tips, guys!

Last edited:
KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
Ah, I see. I was using 1ml over a single area. I guess I could apply the other .5ml to a different location before bed when I brush my teeth so I can remember to do it.
I'm not sure what you mean by single area exactly, but chest, traps, neck and shoulders are best areas to apply hormonal products. For me 0.5 ml goes fine on chest and 1 ml to chest+traps/upper back. 1.5 ml is about the maximun I apply to the aforementioned areas and for anything more I have to find other areas. Inner arms, forearms, tops of feet, behind the knee, and shins are also ok areas for td's, if not too much hair in the way. I think using larger application area and thus making thinner layer of the product may help. And alternating the application areas aswell.

Last edited:
RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what you mean by single area exactly, but chest, traps, neck and shoulders are best areas to apply hormonal products. For me 0.5 ml goes fine on chest and 1 ml to chest+traps/upper back. 1.5 ml is about the maximun I apply to the aforementioned areas and anything more I have to find other areas. Inner arms, forearms, tops of feet and, behind the knee, and shins are also ok areas for td's, if not too much hair in the way. I think using larger application area and thus making thinner layer of the product may help. And alternating the application areas aswell.
The inner forarms and my biceps were the places that were having a rash, and those are the only places I applied them too.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The inner forarms and my biceps were the places that were having a rash, and those are the only places I applied them too.
Try the chest, traps, neck, and shoulders. Also the dhea and preg products are of different composition than the Ultra Hard, so the UH may not give you a rash. UH is more like a lotion type.

If looking to shoot a DM to someone again in the future, you can click the name of the member or their avatar, and then click "Start conversation" and there you go.

Cheeky Monkey

Cheeky Monkey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
groin?

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I'm not sure what you mean by single area exactly, but chest, traps, neck and shoulders are best areas to apply hormonal products. For me 0.5 ml goes fine on chest and 1 ml to chest+traps/upper back. 1.5 ml is about the maximun I apply to the aforementioned areas and for anything more I have to find other areas. Inner arms, forearms, tops of feet, behind the knee, and shins are also ok areas for td's, if not too much hair in the way. I think using larger application area and thus making thinner layer of the product may help. And alternating the application areas aswell.
.5ml is such a small amount, i apply it to neck after shaving-never had any issues....but tops of feet are a excellent place to apply the preg to, just use .025ml on each foot.

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
.5ml is such a small amount, i apply it to neck after shaving-never had any issues....but tops of feet are a excellent place to apply the preg to, just use .025ml on each foot.
Well, I have very sensitive skin. I actually have a skin called seborrheic dermatitis, but that mainly effects my face. But anything that's an irritant I want to avoid potential areas that might be sensitive. So my chest, shoulders and probably my biceps are going to be where I'm looking to apply it.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Not trying to highjack but Anyone else have side effects applying sustain Alpha directly to their nuts? My left but is very painful and it hurts up into my stomach like I got kicked in the nuts. 1 pump application is all

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Not trying to highjack but Anyone else have side effects applying sustain Alpha directly to their nuts? My left but is very painful and it hurts up into my stomach like I got kicked in the nuts. 1 pump application is all
I made the mistake of applying 1 pump of Sustain Alpha to my balls, shortly after shaving them. Talk about "burning love", my god. 😆

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I made the mistake of applying 1 pump of Sustain Alpha to my balls, shortly after shaving them. Talk about "burning love", my god.
The burning didn’t bother me lol but I can see where freshly shaven would make it brutal haha. But this achy nut is very uncomfortable 🥵

To be fair I’m not sure if it’s related but strange coincidence if it isn’t

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The burning didn’t bother me lol but I can see where freshly shaven would make it brutal haha. But this achy nut is very uncomfortable 🥵

To be fair I’m not sure if it’s related but strange coincidence if it isn’t
You don't have to punch it in for better absorption or anything, lol. No but my problem was burning sensation/skin irritation. Nothing like that.

THOR 70

THOR 70

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Learn something new everyday. Apparently testicular pain can be caused by tight hips/glutes affecting the nerve running through your tailbone. Turns out I had a marathon sex night and did heavy kettlebell swings the next day and my gluteus and hips are all locked up/sore as ****. I’m gonna safely say it isnt the sustain alpha.

Been doing these stretches and it’s 50% better. Wild

Last edited:
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Learn something new everyday. Apparently testicular pain can be caused by tight hips/glutes affecting the nerve running through your tailbone. Turns out I had a marathon sex night and did heavy kettlebell swings the next day and my gluteus and hips are all locked up/sore as ****. I’m gonna safely say it isnt the sustain alpha.

Been doing these stretches and it’s 50% better. Wild
glad to hear it wasn't the sustain....i've never had that issue when applying to balls, and i've heard of guys doing the same often over the years with no issues---but as i have said often-there are exceptions to every rule!!!

RIPDanDuchaine

RIPDanDuchaine

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Why would you apply it directly to your nuts? You can put it anywhere on your skin and it will get through their transdermally.w Applying it directly to your nuts seems counterintuitive to the whole process.

ndiguy

ndiguy

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Why would you apply it directly to your nuts? You can put it anywhere on your skin and it will get through their transdermally.w Applying it directly to your nuts seems counterintuitive to the whole process.
The skin down there is extremely thin, so why wouldn't it make a good application site?

It states on the bottle itself, that Sustain can be applied directly to the ol' ball bag prior to sexy time. Many users report benefits by doing so, to include better erections and improved sex drive.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
The skin down there is extremely thin, so why wouldn't it make a good application site?

It states on the bottle itself, that Sustain can be applied directly to the ol' ball bag prior to sexy time. Many users report benefits by doing so, to include better erections and improved sex drive.
bingo....although sustain alpha gives those effects when applied elsewhere as well, for me those effects are almost instant when applied to balls.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
bingo....although sustain alpha gives those effects when applied elsewhere as well, for me those effects are almost instant when applied to balls.
Might be the process of doing so.. Heh. I also remember talks about dhea converting more to dht when applied to the nuts 🤔

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Might be the process of doing so.. Heh. I also remember talks about dhea converting more to dht when applied to the nuts 🤔
google androgel applied to balls.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This has been entertaining !!

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Where is @Hairy GrandPa when you need him ?