Going for blood work

michjohn

Awards
I am 26 Years old. I have been working out for 4 years. My diet is right on, I moderate my fats, carbs and more heavily on protein.

My workouts usually last around 45-1 hour. 4 days a week.

The past year and a half lethargy is way beyond belief no matter what, lack of sense of well being. No physical changes to body regardless of intensity involved in workout. I feel like I am 40 years old. :(. I have a hard time going to sleep. I do not dream and I have a hard time waking up. I used to jump out of bed like a fire fighter ready to take on the day!

I am hoping these labs will finally check all the facts. Not to mention my sex drive feels more like a 40-50 year old too. I love my wife and find her very attractive its not her at all.

I have taken time off like 1 month off from lifting and just let my diet be whatever and moderate junk food. No luck with that either so I went back to what I enjoy doing. I do not carry fat anywhere besides a little in the chest and a lot in the love handle department.

I work 40-45 hours a week 5 days a week with weekends off. Financially I have no stress and my job isn't that bad.

What do you guys think? Am I making the right move? Also forgot to mention I did try a detox and adrenal detox as well. No luck. GP wants to just throw me on zoloft and zantac. Right like thats going to help. I am not depressed in my brain just my body feels that way.

Forgot to mention I have ran a couple of PH's with proper PCT and support sups:

in three year time period.
1st PH Epi PCT Nolva
2nd PH Hdrol PCT Nolva
3rd PH Trenazone PCT Nolva
4th PH Ultradrol PCT Nolva

michjohn

Awards
Its not labcorp but another major one. :s $350.00 for full consultation labs and treatment options.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
Yes, I think you are on the right track. Get some blood work and go see an endocrinologist. I think your skepticism about the zoloft is right on, it may help a bit with your lethargy but will most likely make libido issues worse and may mask the true cause of your symptoms. I've never heard of SSRIs reviving anybody's sex life, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.

michjohn

Awards
Yes, I think you are on the right track. Get some blood work and go see an endocrinologist. I think your skepticism about the zoloft is right on, it may help a bit with your lethargy but will most likely make libido issues worse and may mask the true cause of your symptoms. I've never heard of SSRIs reviving anybody's sex life, somebody correct me if I'm wrong.
I have heard they actually kill it.

Androflaven

Androflaven

Awards
I have heard they actually kill it.
Yeah, some people do totally lose libido on SSRIs. At 50-100mg of zoloft my libido took a moderate hit, at 200mg it took at big hit along with some erectile dysfunction. After quitting the zoloft I recovered quickly, but some people take months to recover and some have permanent problems. Why your GP would recommend it as a first option before even getting any blood work back is beyond me, but it's not uncommon.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, some people do totally lose libido on SSRIs. At 50-100mg of zoloft my libido took a moderate hit, at 200mg it took at big hit along with some erectile dysfunction. After quitting the zoloft I recovered quickly, but some people take months to recover and some have permanent problems. Why your GP would recommend it as a first option before even getting any blood work back is beyond me, but it's not uncommon.
Find out why you need antidepressants in the first place and correct the issue at the source not just deal with the symptoms. I am sure there is a lot more information important to this situation which will be valuable out come.