Glutamine Peptides / Taste and water solubility

uncle-rico

Awards
I just bought some bags of glutamine peptides, because it's supposed to be better for gut health and I could get them relatively cheap. So I thought I give them a try, but damn, they are really that horrible! Has anyone a trick to get them better dissolved in water? That's my main issue, I can mask the taste with some flav drops or powder, but they just don't want to dissolve. I tried putting it directly in my mouth and flush them down with some water, but that ended with the stuff sticking to the inside of my teeth.

rascal14

rascal14

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Try to toss and wash instead of dry scooping, I’m assuming that’s what you meant. Get a mouthful of water, toss it in directly on top of the water, take another drink real quick swallowing it all at once.
It takes a few times to get right but you will barely taste it doing it this way.

uncle-rico

Awards
The toss and wash works well, but I have to do it 2-3 times to get the 10g in. I now put the powder in a glass with only a little water and toss that down. The effect is similar. I already feel the effects of the glutamine, digestion is much improved.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Off subject but still related to Glutamine Peptides - I wanted to make anyone aware that has food allergies to gluten that there are a lot of Glutamine Peptide products on the market that don't have the proper allergen information on them and don't mention that Glutamine Peptides generally are derived from or contain wheat.

I have the non-celiac autoimmune allergy to gluten myself and even the smallest amount of gluten can cause severe inflammation for me so when I see things like that, I just try to look out for others.

For those that can take it, I think its a good ingredient; just not for those of us with gluten sensitivities or allergies :)

mase1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Would I honestly notice anything from glutamine?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Would I honestly notice anything from glutamine?
Some people really like it for gut health purposes.

For workout purposes, you have people that swear by and and then people that bash it and say that it doesn't help. The truth is that it works well for some people and not nearly as well for others; and also for the group of people that like it for recovery, many (probably most) are using a much higher dose than the bottle says.