• Thread starter CasperKValentine
  • Start date
CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Well I learned a lesson and will never get anything that comes in these again. What a pain! Literally! My clumsy self can not open these without smashing the damn things. I've opened 7 without issue but just broke a 3rd and cut myself. There are no dots on mine like in videos I've watched. I was going to order a ampule breaker/opener on Amazon and it says I will get it by Oct 10th. Good lord! I don't want to keep wasting gear and cutting up my hands! My next step is to try a file to make a score line. These things are awful!

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Well I learned a lesson and will never get anything that comes in these again. What a pain! Literally! My clumsy self can not open these without smashing the damn things. I've opened 7 without issue but just broke a 3rd and cut myself. There are no dots on mine like in videos I've watched. I was going to order a ampule breaker/opener on Amazon and it says I will get it by Oct 10th. Good lord! I don't want to keep wasting gear and cutting up my hands! My next step is to try a file to make a score line. These things are awful!
Start at the 1minute mark:

.... That being said ... I don't buy them.
I did once, years ago for a compound I couldn't get in any other container (and it went well).
I just don't like to use them.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Start at the 1minute mark:

.... That being said ... I don't buy them.
I did once, years ago for a compound I couldn't get in any other container (and it went well).
I just don't like to use them.
I apricate you linking the video. I've watched that one like 5 times. They make it look sooo easy! LOL! I've had a few of them that pop right off and I think OK I got this. Then I end up smashing the next one. I'm about to go out and get a leather glove and file and maybe grab some pliers to grip the top. LOL! It's frustrating as hell but I also can't help but laugh at myself. I'm a big clumsy goof!!

Carnivorecon

Carnivorecon

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I used to score the middle of the neck with a finely serrated knife then snap whilst holding it with a tea towel, never had a problem once i figured out that way of doing it

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
I used to score the middle of the neck with a finely serrated knife then snap whilst holding it with a tea towel, never had a problem once i figured out that way of doing it
Thanks brother. I'm going to try the score suggestion when I get home soon.