Give Contraband a try, Free Samples

koi1214

koi1214

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Contraband Review

View attachment 105925]

Taste/Mixability I mixed it with 6 ounces of water and it mixed perfectly fine.The taste reminded me of Fruit Punch flavored soda.

Energy/Focus About 10 minutes after taking this my whole body got warm.I was sweating profusely during my whole workout.The energy was pretty strong.

Pumps Today I did forearms & calves with GVT 10 x10 sets.The fullness & pumps were pronounced.This could be due to high reps and the agmatine.

Over all I would give this a solid 9/10.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
Got mine yesterday. Taking the weekend off to recover so I will be giving this one a try tomorrow evening for my Back&Biceps workout. Looking forward to it ;)

princevince

Awards
  • Established
your going to have a hell of a workout tomorrow; FACTS!!!!!!

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
I am very stimulant savy so it generally takes me a lot to get the effects ..... I received 2 sample packs. Should I go with just one or double up? Generally with most PWO products I end up taking more than the one scoop protocol .....

princevince

Awards
  • Established
i hear ya bud, i'm a big stim head myself. but one packet had me OPEN. i couldn't and didn't want to stop. my muscles felt numb, FACTS!! Trust, one packet is all you'll need. Save the other for the next session.

TKC432

TKC432

Awards
  • Established
i hear ya bud, i'm a big stim head myself. but one packet had me OPEN. i couldn't and didn't want to stop. my muscles felt numb, FACTS!! Trust, one packet is all you'll need. Save the other for the next session.
Ok Sounds good. Gonna hit it tomorrow evening at 8:30 one sample pack ;)

Beltzie5

Beltzie5

Awards
  • Established
Got my email shipped in and just waiting now

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer

Contraband Pre-Workout Review

Taste

Twisted Punch - This was an interesting kind of Fruit Punch knock off. It was not the strongest Fruit Punch I have ever had, and I kept the water down (See mixability). Overall its not bad, but would probably grow on me with continued use, I have had so many fruit punches in the past that it is a very common flavor and top seller on the market. Overall no complains, no artifical flavoring, but tasted smooth from initial taste to after taste.

Mixability

Used 1 sample pack (1 scoop) in 8oz of water. No debree or floaties, this mixed very fine. The powder was very fine so I knew this would mix very easy. 0 complains here at all!

Formula

I am not a big fan of prop blends because most of the time blends are made to underdose ingredients . lets break it down

Energy Blend
2.2g total of Caffeine, Amp Citrate, and Tyrosine, Theoboromine and Glucuronolactone.
Caffeine was around 200mg as stated on the previous page, and the Amp Citrate is a great addition to really amplify the energy.

Pump Blend
8.5g Total
Creatine (Which should be 3-5g for an adequate dose)
BA (Should be at least 3.2g for adequate dose)
Citrulline malate (Should be 6-8g total for adequate dose)
Taurine (Should be around 500-1g)
Agmatine (Should be around 500mg - 1g for adequate dose)

as you can see at the bare minimum for proper dose it would need to be at least 13g, so things wont be up to par as far as how much is in the product, but overall you get decent amounts of each ingredient.

Workout Reaction

Energy was strong out of the gate taking it on a fasted stomach in the AM for 5 AM Training. I consume this 10 minutes prior to my leg workout and then rumble rolled for 10 minutes.

I noticed that my body temp did rise a bit during the workout, and my pump was strong on a drop set i did on squats from 365 x 6 --> 315 x 10 --> 225 x 20 which left my leg almost blue. This was awesome. Energy was strong from the start to the end and into the post-workout period.

I also noted that my endurance was good, going to assume the BA is on the higher end and in the adequate dose, but the CM will probbaly fall short in this formula, agmatine i respond well to, so even at 500mg pre-workout i bet that would aid well as well as taurine for a pump.

Overall a decent formula, just that some of those ingredients in the pump blend will be underdosed in the end. 0 Complains on energy as I do not take stims often, so when i do they blow me out of the water.

yosefmax88

yosefmax88

Awards
Will be hitting mine up soon thanks for the samples

IFN15

Awards
Great cant wait and thanks to all so far for leaving nice reviews

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

Contraband Pre-Workout Review

Taste

Twisted Punch - This was an interesting kind of Fruit Punch knock off. It was not the strongest Fruit Punch I have ever had, and I kept the water down (See mixability). Overall its not bad, but would probably grow on me with continued use, I have had so many fruit punches in the past that it is a very common flavor and top seller on the market. Overall no complains, no artifical flavoring, but tasted smooth from initial taste to after taste.

Mixability

Used 1 sample pack (1 scoop) in 8oz of water. No debree or floaties, this mixed very fine. The powder was very fine so I knew this would mix very easy. 0 complains here at all!

Formula

I am not a big fan of prop blends because most of the time blends are made to underdose ingredients . lets break it down

Energy Blend
2.2g total of Caffeine, Amp Citrate, and Tyrosine, Theoboromine and Glucuronolactone.
Caffeine was around 200mg as stated on the previous page, and the Amp Citrate is a great addition to really amplify the energy.

Pump Blend
8.5g Total
Creatine (Which should be 3-5g for an adequate dose)
BA (Should be at least 3.2g for adequate dose)
Citrulline malate (Should be 6-8g total for adequate dose)
Taurine (Should be around 500-1g)
Agmatine (Should be around 500mg - 1g for adequate dose)

as you can see at the bare minimum for proper dose it would need to be at least 13g, so things wont be up to par as far as how much is in the product, but overall you get decent amounts of each ingredient.

Workout Reaction

Energy was strong out of the gate taking it on a fasted stomach in the AM for 5 AM Training. I consume this 10 minutes prior to my leg workout and then rumble rolled for 10 minutes.

I noticed that my body temp did rise a bit during the workout, and my pump was strong on a drop set i did on squats from 365 x 6 --> 315 x 10 --> 225 x 20 which left my leg almost blue. This was awesome. Energy was strong from the start to the end and into the post-workout period.

I also noted that my endurance was good, going to assume the BA is on the higher end and in the adequate dose, but the CM will probbaly fall short in this formula, agmatine i respond well to, so even at 500mg pre-workout i bet that would aid well as well as taurine for a pump.

Overall a decent formula, just that some of those ingredients in the pump blend will be underdosed in the end. 0 Complains on energy as I do not take stims often, so when i do they blow me out of the water.
One of the best written reviews I have read !!!

madripper32

madripper32

Awards
  • Established
Email sent

warrior737

Awards
Gonna throw this sample down today and post results after work. Good looking out IFN15

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This is how i write all my reviews. Detail is key to the consumer.
I am new to this review thing (Been Training for 30+ years) So I am Trying to learn and this is a great template to use !!! Thank you!

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
yeah
most people who write 2 line reviews dont aid the company much

Tastes good, good focus, mix's easy

Does not really tell much about the product, how it affected the individual. What the formula does and what the ingredients should note or do for the individual, and how they reacted to the workout from using the product.

All that important info is more important for 1) the company and their product and 2) Consumers on how they reacted to what they are taking or about to take. The more detail the better!

reps4jesus

reps4jesus

Awards
yeah
most people who write 2 line reviews dont aid the company much

Tastes good, good focus, mix's easy

Does not really tell much about the product, how it affected the individual. What the formula does and what the ingredients should note or do for the individual, and how they reacted to the workout from using the product.

All that important info is more important for 1) the company and their product and 2) Consumers on how they reacted to what they are taking or about to take. The more detail the better!
Most POWs do the same thing, though. Unless its a PWO that's directed to something different that energy, like focus, or something along those lines, then your pretty much just choosing what company to support.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Most POWs do the same thing, though. Unless its a PWO that's directed to something different that energy, like focus, or something along those lines, then your pretty much just choosing what company to support.
Most companies dont have the same formula, and we all react differently to how we dose a pre-workout (say upon waking) or between meals (or spacing meals out further) to how the stim may affect us.

not everyone reacts similar to ingredient profiles or formula's hence why their feedback can be helpful

Taste could also be influenced by how much the individual mixed with (if they used more or less than required amount or suggested amount) which could skew feedback or give different feedback.

IFNutrition

IFNutrition

Awards
Most companies dont have the same formula, and we all react differently to how we dose a pre-workout (say upon waking) or between meals (or spacing meals out further) to how the stim may affect us. not everyone reacts similar to ingredient profiles or formula's hence why their feedback can be helpful Taste could also be influenced by how much the individual mixed with (if they used more or less than required amount or suggested amount) which could skew feedback or give different feedback.
Thank you ^ Exactly my thoughts. That would be like saying all protein is the same. There are huge differences between quality too. Some companies go for the cheapest materials they can buy and it yields a lower quality product and effect.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Thank you ^ Exactly my thoughts. That would be like saying all protein is the same. There are huge differences between quality too. Some companies go for the cheapest materials they can buy and it yields a lower quality product and effect.
Well said.. you get what you pay for :)

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
Going to send you guys a email today. :D

eericksen

eericksen

Awards
Thanks IFN Nutrition and IFN15 for the opportunity to try Contraband. I just wanted to throw up a quick review based on the the two samples packets.

I received two sample packets of Twisted Punch:

Taste: 7/10-The taste was good, I'm generally not a big fan of fruit punch, but then again it could taste like crap and if it worked I wouldn't care. The flavor was on board with other fruit punch flavors of preworkouts. Nothing mind blowing but it tasted good.

Energy: 8/10- I felt this had some good clean energy. Nothing over stimulating and I had no crash. I actually prefer a mild formula since I train late and I have had some bad experiences with too much stims.

Focus: 10/10- There is nothing I love more than hitting the gym, plugging into my iPod and being able to concentrate strictly on the workout. I feel that my best workouts come from an elevated "mind to muscle connection". This is where this product really stands out for me.

Pump: 8/10- I think this was better than most but not the best when it comes to pump. I definitely would stack this with more Agmatine or another strict NO product. They don't let you down in this category....but they don't blow your mind.

Overall: I would have to say I would definitely keep this product in mind when purchasing a preworkout. Especially when my Craze supply is dried up. I would probably pick this up with another strict NO product. Thanks again for the opportunity and people should definitely be happy with the overall combination.

FF41

Awards
I received my packets today. I will be trying half a pack on Saturday just to get a level. Then if need be a full pack on Monday. I will write a review after my workout on Monday. Sounding good so far from the other reviewers.

warrior737

Awards
Sorry for the late response. Work has been hectic. I tried my contraband sample the other day for arm day here is what I thought.

Contraband twisted punch review:

Flavor: It was twisted punch taste. I don't like fruit punch all that much but I did like how it had a sort of lemon flavor. I thought it taste great. Taste 10/10

Mixability: The mixability was good. No chunks of product after I added water. There was little to no foam. However it did leave a bit of residue in my cup. I only mixed it with around 6 oz of water as I walked into the gym before refilling my shaker with water anyway. 6/10

Focus: With in about 7-8 minutes I started to feel focused and a flushed feeling along with the BA tingle. I ended up loosing track of time at the gym. I didn't want to leave. 9/10

Intensity: This product definitely had me feeling pumped up. The energy was high throughout my whole workout. I did not experience any gitters, anxiety, wire me out all night, or crash after I was home. 9/10

Pumps: I thought I experienced good pumps. It didn't feel like my blood pressure was all jacked up either which is a major plus. But it felt like there was a little something missing. AAKG always gives me awesome pumps. Might want to think if adding that in to the mix. 7/10

All said and done Im definitely going to buy this product and add it into the mix of pre's I circulate. It gave me some great focus and a euphoric feeling which I think attributed to loosing track of time. I trained for almost 2 hrs. after a 12 hr work day.

Thanks again for this chance IFN

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
This stuff gives a wicked pump and razor sharp focus. I actually got a pump with my back workout and that normally does not happen. Now to try the second sample tomorrow morning for my arm workout.

cutz

cutz

Banned
Awards
This stuff gives a wicked pump and razor sharp focus. I actually got a pump with my back workout and that normally does not happen. Now to try the second sample tomorrow morning for my arm workout.
I had an arm workout today. Wait until you feel that pump. I thought my arms where gonna explode! This stuff is great!

jcmelton

jcmelton

Awards
I had an arm workout today. Wait until you feel that pump. I thought my arms where gonna explode! This stuff is great!
Cutz - This stuff is no joke. I hit my arms hard this morning for my normal 5am wake up call. Contraband had me focused in with a mind to destroy every muscle fiber I had. I did 3 super sets of 10 sets each bi/tri combo with 10 reps each. Kept my rests to ranging from 30 seconds to a 1 minute for the most part. I had upped my weights from last time I did this arm workout. Probably about the 3 set of the first combo, I was thinking maybe only 5 sets each combo would be enough due to the pump. However the focus did not let me quit and I pushed through every single rep. I felt like I was going to explode. Nothing feels better than a vein popping pump. I am still tight 4 hours after finishing.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Email sent looking forward to it!

FF41

Awards
Contraband Review -

I was looking forward to testing this PWO out today and everything seemed to click into place. My garage wasn't over 100 degrees like it has been all summer, I ate early enough, and had plenty of time to workout.

I took the one pack at 11:45 and started my warm up lifts at 12:00. By 12:15 I started my main lifts and definetly felt a nice increase in energy and felt mentally ready. It was a major leg day 1x30 bar squats, 1x20 65lbs front squats, 3x15 135lbs and 1x30 95lbs. Then 3x5 45lbs each hand meadow shrugs. Then supersetted arm curls 45lbs (bar) and skull chrushers 25lbs 1x10 slow, 1x20 fast, 1x10 slow, 1x20 fast, to try and get a real pump.

Taste/Mixability - I loved the taste, I could actually drink this flavor if it was just a flavor for my water. It mixed in easily and left a little froth which settled in seconds. There was a tiny bit of residue, but if I had mixed it longer this might have disappeared too. The only issue is the powder seemed clumpy and hard to get out the packet. 10/10.

Energy/Endurance - Nice smooth increase in energy, hit exactly when I needed. It kept me going throughout the whole workout easily. I really could have done another 2x15 squats in the middle. But I am having hip issues and didn't want to push it to far just because I could. No jitters or shakes. 10/10.

Pump - Not too bad, I have had better. Maybe, I will mix this with a non-stim pump product I use and see the results. 7/10.

After workout - This is where it gets a little weird. I finished my workout grabbed some food, washed my dogs, showered, and then layed down to cool off on my bed at around 2.30. I actually passed out and was woken by a phone call at 4. I have felt sluggish for the rest of the day. I felt great after I had finished my workout and was ready to keep the day going. I don't know if this was an aberration or from the product. 5/10.

Overall, I was happy with this product and will give the other packet a go and see if I get the same results.

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Iron Forged Nutrition's
CONTRABAND REVIEW

Empty stomach AM workout

Mixability: 100% fast & easy
Taste: pretty good it got the twisted punch flavor. Not a watered down flavor at all even at half scoop.

Powerful! Felt the Beta Al kick in before I started the jeep. Couldn't imagine taking the whole sample at once, good thing I put the other half in bottle for intra boost.

Focus: absolutely a winner, of course it was super early and I was virtually alone in the gym. But I was feeling the movement and vibing with my music selection.

Intensity: easily pushed past every rep count in my program, even my last set to failure I got a few extra reps than normal, I wanted it that bad.

Energy & endurance. Rocked three sets of 40 + dips at the end of hour one, got bored but still could've gone on.

Pump: pretty nice, skin stretched leaving the gym lasted for about an hour that way. Still searching for more agmatine in these supps, but not beyond adding my own, that would make this a truly awesome pre supp.

Writing this review 3 hours later and could go for another session. Wide awake still tingling in my quads, and still got a little pump left

Value : at 40$ for 25 workouts, very solid deal, I bet I could've taken just half and used some waxy maize intra and been good, so realistically 40$ for 50 workouts. Definitely worth the money. Definitely.

Rating:
9/10 cuz I think the Agmatine needs a bump.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Had a minor tragedy when I went to use this today... first I dropped the packet when I opened it... so I scooped it all up and put it in my glass anyways. Thenmas I was filling it up, I dropped the whole cup in the sink and lost it all ha. SO here's my single sample review from my other packet:

Taste: 8/10 - an interesting punch flavor. Much more tart and lemony then most. it was very enjoyable and even mixed with 20oz of water had a nice smell and flavor still. The only downside was there were a few grains/clumps that lingered and left a bitter aftertaste in my mouth.

Mix: 8/10 - 95% was gone in a few quick spins with a spoon. Just a few little grains and clumps left at the bottom but these seemed to be the bitter flavor.

Energy: 8/10 - This was my first preworkout after a 7 week stim break so the energy hit pretty hard for me which was great as I was using upwards of 25mg ephedrine and 400mg caffeine at the end of my cut. About 15min after taking it I began to feel a slight pressure in my head, a little warmth, and then some light beta alanine tingles. Nothing extreme but enough to really get me moving. The only downside was it gave me a bit of a headache for the first 20min after it kicked in but settled down once I got moving in the gym. Energy lasted for quite awhile after my 45min workout (prob around 3hrs total) which was nice. No crash either.

Focus: 7/10 - It was my first day back on pres and back in the gym after a week vacation so it was very helpful to have some focus ingredients to help keep me in the zone. I was focused pretty well, but nothing groundbreaking. I wouldn't say "laser" or "tunnel vision" but certainly engaged in my work and effort.

Pump: 0/10 - This was the low point for me. I had zero pump effects from this or even vascularity. I normally don't respond well to pump products but vascularity is usually present so this leads me to believe that these inredients are underdosed.

Overall: 7/10 - A good preworkout in terms of energy and ok in terms of focus. Pump was non-existent for me but that's fairly standard (for me). I enjoyed the flavor minus the few bitter grits at the end. I felt like I had a good workout and was into it but nothing that most pre's wouldn't provide. Overall, I would say this is about average in terms of all pre workouts I've tried. nothing ground breaking or stand out in this product, but also nothing terrible.

Thanks for the chance to try this out

diggyroxx

diggyroxx

Awards
Iron Forged Nutrition's
CONTRABAND REVIEW

Empty stomach AM workout

Mixability: 100% fast & easy
Taste: pretty good it got the twisted punch flavor. Not a watered down flavor at all even at half scoop.

Powerful! Felt the Beta Al kick in before I started the jeep. Couldn't imagine taking the whole sample at once, good thing I put the other half in bottle for intra boost.

Focus: absolutely a winner, of course it was super early and I was virtually alone in the gym. But I was feeling the movement and vibing with my music selection.

Intensity: easily pushed past every rep count in my program, even my last set to failure I got a few extra reps than normal, I wanted it that bad.

Energy & endurance. Rocked three sets of 40 + dips at the end of hour one, got bored but still could've gone on.

Pump: pretty nice, skin stretched leaving the gym lasted for about an hour that way. Still searching for more agmatine in these supps, but not beyond adding my own, that would make this a truly awesome pre supp.

Writing this review 3 hours later and could go for another session. Wide awake still tingling in my quads, and still got a little pump left

Value : at 40$ for 25 workouts, very solid deal, I bet I could've taken just half and used some waxy maize intra and been good, so realistically 40$ for 50 workouts. Definitely worth the money. Definitely.

Rating:
9/10 cuz I think the Agmatine needs a bump.

Beltzie5

Beltzie5

Awards
  • Established
Iron Forged ContraBand Review

Wanted to give this product a real try. worked a 12 hour shift got off at 7am this morning. Mowed yard and done a few things around the house, no sleep so I could get revamped for my days off. Mixed and Drank my contraband at 4 pm this afternoon. By 4:30 was feeling pumped and ready to go. Chest day added 5 extra lbs onto my 5x5 bench routine and started. warmed up at 195 lbs and finished my chest out at 235 lbs 4 sets 5 reps each. followed up Decline 3x6 at 215 lbs. Reverse grip bench 145 lbs 4 sets 8 reps each. Finished up with curls bar 95 lbs 10 reps for 3 sets then dumbell 45 lbs 3 sets 10 reps. added 20 minutes cardio in and finished my workout with 8 minute abs. Will give this product a two thumbs up. Mixability 10 /10 dumped shook it twice and it was mixed a little fuzzy but i can handle that. Taste a 10/10 great taste and no funky after taste. Energy 9/10 nice smooth pickup no jitters gave me a nice smooth glow when it kicked. plenty of energy to get through my workout. Not quite the kick I'm used to but it does work. Gonna be adding this into my pre's no doubt. Used the one packet would love to have mixed both samples packets think I could've added more weight onto each set. Review written 2 hours after workout and still feeling a nice even flow of energy and focus. Thinking about going for a run to max this day out. No crash, Most Definitely worth the money a great pre workout would be awesome for someone just getting into a pre workout, Or for the more advanced that doesn't want to get the jitters. Will rate this a 10 out of 10 because they got the taste energy and pump just right with this one. Could be a little more but great just the way it is.

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Just got mine in the mail can't wait to try this stuff out tomorrow when I hit arms!

NurseGray

NurseGray

Awards
Review posted. Definitely a solid PWO. Major props on the fast shipping by this company!

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
I'm still waiting on dat der sample!

eddieaz

eddieaz

Awards
Just got mine in the mail can't wait to try this stuff out tomorrow when I hit arms!
I got mine too. But I'm going to wait until I get my allergies under control. Hopefully I can leave a review next week.

Tagger

Tagger

Awards
yosefmax88

yosefmax88

Awards
Smashes my sample today one pack I didn't know the amount of water to mix with to I used 6-7 oz and it mixed very well even though it had clumps.
Taste is a 7 not quite the fruit punch taste I was expecting . I sipped on it before going to the gym and smashed legs .
Energy was a 7 great focus and kept me going did high volume on legs and it def gave a good sweat .
I would give this a 7-10
I could def feel the beta kick in gave me a jolt of energy rush and felt pumped . when I did leg extensions I could feel all kinds of contractions and blood was just pumping . thank you for the sample I will def put this on my pre workout list.

emmysoo78

Awards
Would love some Contraband samples! I've tried it before - best focus and pump I've had.