GI distress from fenugreek??

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
So the past several days I have been taking fenugreek, I had to stop the other day because I was getting diarrhea sometimes everytime I had real fatty foods. Now this morning Ive been taking a new creatine product(got it for real cheap) that has fenugreek in it(I dunno the dose since it is a prob blend), but I drank a protein shake literally 30 mins later after taking it, then about 20-30 mins after that I had to go use the restroom and had diarrhea. I realized I had the same problem using insuligen last year and had to literally give away a bottle because I had to keep shitting after eating every time, I saw that insuligen has 4-hydroxyisoleucine which is technically fenugreek.

Will constantly taking fenugreek products will my body get used to it eventually? or should I just stop all together since it doesnt sit well in my stomach and have to constantly use the bathroom....

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
There are a lot of different types of Fenugreek products and it can be standardized for several different things so there's no one simple answer to your question.

For example, I've seen Fenugreek std. for the 4-hydroxyisoleucine have common reports of stomach upset but we haven't had a single report of it with Furosap XT.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There are a lot of different types of Fenugreek products and it can be standardized for several different things so there's no one simple answer to your question.

For example, I've seen Fenugreek std. for the 4-hydroxyisoleucine have common reports of stomach upset but we haven't had a single report of it with Furosap XT.
yea the 4 hydroxyisoleucine isnt sitting well with my body even at a low dose. Im taking a creatine product with it and if I eat something even like 2-3 hours after it I end up having diarrhea, or if I take it with my pre workout I got to take like 2 liquid shits, really fucked up. I think fenugreek itself doesnt sit well with my body as it is, but the std version of 4hydroxy is too much for my stomach. This is the 4th day taking it and Im having serious GI problems, bought to toss this **** or give it to some1.........

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yea the 4 hydroxyisoleucine isnt sitting well with my body even at a low dose. Im taking a creatine product with it and if I eat something even like 2-3 hours after it I end up having diarrhea, or if I take it with my pre workout I got to take like 2 liquid shits, really fucked up. I think fenugreek itself doesnt sit well with my body as it is, but the std version of 4hydroxy is too much for my stomach. This is the 4th day taking it and Im having serious GI problems, bought to toss this **** or give it to some1.........
I don't think its a fair assessment to say that a particular herb doesn't sit well with you when there are many different things it can be standardized for. It would be safe to say that Fenugreek standardized to 4-hydroxyisoleucine doesn't sit well with you; but if that's the only type you've tried, then you don't have any idea how any of the branded extracts would work for you.

That goes for pretty much any herb that can be standardized for different things and different levels of different things.

Of course, I can definitely understand being worried about it and avoiding it out of caution; but keep in mind that other types may not bother you at all.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think its a fair assessment to say that a particular herb doesn't sit well with you when there are many different things it can be standardized for. It would be safe to say that Fenugreek standardized to 4-hydroxyisoleucine doesn't sit well with you; but if that's the only type you've tried, then you don't have any idea how any of the branded extracts would work for you.

That goes for pretty much any herb that can be standardized for different things and different levels of different things.

Of course, I can definitely understand being worried about it and avoiding it out of caution; but keep in mind that other types may not bother you at all.
yes the standarized version 4 hydroxy doesnt sit well for me, I had the same problem when I took Insuligen which had that same ingredient last year, I was constantly shitting. Fenugreek itself, large doses will make my stomach upset and make me sensitive to food that I know from experience. 100-300mg of fenugreek per day is fine for my body, if I get over 500-800; I cannot eat certain types of foods that I can normally eat and I end up shitting right after(mainly foods that are high in fat content). My body is just sensitive to certain thing.................

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
yes the standarized version 4 hydroxy doesnt sit well for me, I had the same problem when I took Insuligen which had that same ingredient last year, I was constantly shitting. Fenugreek itself, large doses will make my stomach upset and make me sensitive to food that I know from experience. 100-300mg of fenugreek per day is fine for my body, if I get over 500-800; I cannot eat certain types of foods that I can normally eat and I end up shitting right after(mainly foods that are high in fat content). My body is just sensitive to certain thing.................
I understand what you're saying. My point was that it may not be that you're sensitive to Fenugreek but sensitive to 4-hydroxy, which not all Fenugreek is standardized for.

For example, some people that are sensitive to Ashwagandha can take KSM66 or Sensoril because they are standardized for certain active constituents. And also some people that are sensitive to KSM66 can still take Sensoril, and vice versa.

So I was just saying to not short change yourself and your results by assuming you may be sensitive to all types when that may not be the case.

I'm very sensitive to Fenugreek std. for 4-hydroxy myself but I've never had a problem with Furosap when I tried it out.

50Magnum

50Magnum

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I understand what you're saying. My point was that it may not be that you're sensitive to Fenugreek but sensitive to 4-hydroxy, which not all Fenugreek is standardized for.

For example, some people that are sensitive to Ashwagandha can take KSM66 or Sensoril because they are standardized for certain active constituents. And also some people that are sensitive to KSM66 can still take Sensoril, and vice versa.

So I was just saying to not short change yourself and your results by assuming you may be sensitive to all types when that may not be the case.

I'm very sensitive to Fenugreek std. for 4-hydroxy myself but I've never had a problem with Furosap when I tried it out.
Yes I wasn't meaning all types, who knows furosap might be fine for me, but 4-hydroxy especially when mixed with creatine I have explosive diarrhea; creatine itself sometimes gives me the squirts if I take too much.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Yes I wasn't meaning all types, who knows furosap might be fine for me, but 4-hydroxy especially when mixed with creatine I have explosive diarrhea; creatine itself sometimes gives me the squirts if I take too much.
That's all I had been saying for the last few types was not to short change yourself by making the assumption you couldn't use any type of Fenugreek when you're only having an issue with the one std. to 4-hydroxy.

I hate Creatine Monohydrate. I only use Magnesium Creatine Chelate or Creatine HCI and neither of those types need anything to help with the absorption (like the premise behind using 4-hydroxy with mono is supposedly to improve absorption).