GH Testing

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
This is probably a really stupid question, but are there any "Best Practices" to follow when going in for a blood draw when adding GH and IGF-1 to the Female Hormone Panel? AM is best for T, but GH "pulses" - is there a "Best Time" for it? Would making two separate trips be better, or just make sure the Pre-Cycle, and Post PCT draws are around the same time? Thanks dudes.

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
This is probably a really stupid question, but are there any "Best Practices" to follow when going in for a blood draw when adding GH and IGF-1 to the Female Hormone Panel? AM is best for T, but GH "pulses" - is there a "Best Time" for it? Would making two separate trips be better, or just make sure the Pre-Cycle, and Post PCT draws are around the same time? Thanks dudes.
actually a good question- interested myself

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Thanks for looking man, but does that apply to middle age healthy guys without diabetes? I read it, but I'm not an Endo and it's a wee bit (LOL) over my head :)

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Lol. Basically the majority of GH, whether on IGF or other, is released during sleep. I'd go in the morning just to get an accurate reading.

That's why they say to dose in the morning so it won't affect the release at night.

Here's a better one;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15339260

smith_69

smith_69

Awards
Thanks for looking man, but does that apply to middle age healthy guys without diabetes? I read it, but I'm not an Endo and it's a wee bit (LOL) over my head :)
if you dont understand it no way im reading that lmao

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I've always gotten my bloods (for anything) done in the morning. Just makes life easier and you can keep it consistent. Since GH is released overnight I would think the AM is best if you want a good reading but I could be wrong.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Lol. Basically the majority of GH, whether on IGF or other, is released during sleep. I'd go in the morning just to get an accurate reading.

That's why they say to dose in the morning so it won't affect the release at night.

Here's a better one;

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/15339260
Yeah, I knew the basics - I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other 'Bro-telligence' about doing it another way. Thanks for taking the time to dig stuff up :thumbsup:

Brandinooooo

Brandinooooo

Awards
  • Established
Yeah, I knew the basics - I just wanted to make sure there wasn't some other 'Bro-telligence' about doing it another way. Thanks for taking the time to dig stuff up :thumbsup:
Your welcome.

migseattle

Awards
I did a bit of research on this as I had the same question. The GH pulses are really narrow from a timescale perspective - meaning that GH rises rapidly and comes back down again in a matter of less than an hour. The whole thing ebbs and flows one time per REM sleep cycle with the first of the pulses being the strongest one and subsequent ones less and less strong. By the time you wake up, GH is low again. I imagine that the only way to measure it with some precision would be to do blood draws every 15 minutes while you sleep... (don't quote me on this!)

The good news is that testing IGF-1 is a good proxy for GH testing. Higher pulses of GH result in a rise in IGF-1 which is more stable in the blood. That's what I did for my bloods - just added the IGF-1 test and sure enough, my values came back flagged as HIGH (i.e. over the clinical range) 2 months in a row now (after starting MK677 which I assume is what you're doing?).

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
That's what I did for my bloods - just added the IGF-1 test and sure enough, my values came back flagged as HIGH (i.e. over the clinical range) 2 months in a row now (after starting MK677 which I assume is what you're doing?).
This one is a Baseline for everything (deciding if I want to do Free T as well...price is going up :)) but yeah, for MK - I don't get any sides from the 2 capped versions I have on hand, so I'm going to re-test after a few months. S2H (Scotty2Hottie) from the PED Podcast (RIP Taylor Normandeau) is a few years younger than me and his GH and IGF-1 were at 10 and 310 after 25mg/Day. What was your IGF-1 at?

migseattle

Awards
This one is a Baseline for everything (deciding if I want to do Free T as well...price is going up :)) but yeah, for MK - I don't get any sides from the 2 capped versions I have on hand, so I'm going to re-test after a few months. S2H (Scotty2Hottie) from the PED Podcast (RIP Taylor Normandeau) is a few years younger than me and his GH and IGF-1 were at 10 and 310 after 25mg/Day. What was your IGF-1 at?
I don't have a true baseline from before starting the MK unfortunately. After about 3 weeks on, I was at 197, and a month later at 246. After I dialed my dose back to 15mg (from 20) my next reading was 213. I'll test again in a week or so and I have upped my dose to 20 again to see if the readings track accordingly. 310 is great. From what I've read, the IGF levels keep climbing while you stay on. We'll see... I plan to run it for at least 6 months. What are your plans?