Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Getting more Evil clean bulk

1/13
Chest
Slingshot bench
255x5, singles 275,295,315,335,350 315x3

flat bench
225x15,12,11

front squats
185,205,225x3

incline
135 3x10

low cable xover and dips 3x10 ea

high cabel xover 3x10

conditioning 10 rounds of 1 minute run, 3 cleans 95 lbs
 
80 pullups various widths
4x6 pendlay rows 135,145,155,165
OA Dead Start DB Rows 100x6, 120x6, 70x10
Jog with Clean and Press. 6mph and 135x3 for 10 rounds
Core
 
1/15 biceps and conditioning
Straight bar curls 3x6
Curl bar preacher curls 3x6
Concentration curls &chinups 3 x 8 & 5
Front squats 3 ea 185,205,225
Cable curls and chins 2x 8&5
Run 1 min 3 cleans 95 lbs 20 rounds
 
1/17 shoulders and triceps
So my wrists and right shoulder have been bugging me I wrap the wrists real tight now. And hope and pray the shoulder will heal through nutrition and positive thoughts. Ha ha.
I seem to have lost my mojo on the push press. My pr is 215. That was done at my house. I don't know if having my reflection staring at me in the gym is a mind **** or what. But I have not been able to hit 215 as of recent.
Push press. Got frustrated early in.
185x1. 205x 1. 210x fail. 185 x 3.
Seated military. 135 5x10
Slow close grip bench 205 3x4
100 rep band push downs.
Reverse peck deck 3x10

Rope push downs 4x10
Various kettle bell shoulder movements for a pump.

Conditioning 10 rounds 1 minute run 5 push-ups 5 chin ups
1 mile jog.

Band high pulls for a pump.
 
1/20 chest
Flat bench sling band
255,275,295,305,@1 315x5
Flat bench 225@12,10

Low cable x over & dips 4@10

High cable 3@10

Inc db press 2@10
Inc hammer strength 2@10

Inc band flies 2@10

Push-ups 5@10

Notes : man it blows getting old. 39 is fats approaching and I am falling apart. Knee surg at 20. Back surg at 30. I am gun shy of squats and dead lifts. So let's front squat. That kills my wrist. So I am nursing that. Grip gave out when loading the bar yesterday I managed to drop a 45 on my foot. No real damage done luckily. Shoulder has been giving issues on and off for past few years. Been told might have a slight tear. But it should be heal do. Ya own by now That's acting up. The sling band bench is definetly a savior for the delts. I might go that route solely until I am pain free. Gonna lighten up on the push press. And use the gay cross grip for front squats. It drop them and do overhead or goblet squats instead
 
1-21-14 ARMS
CLOSE GRIP, ALL WITH SLING BAND 315 X 2,3,3,3
&
HEAVY CURL BAR 3X6

LIGHT CURL BAR 3X10
&
FRONT SQUATS 225 3X3

STRAIGHT BAR SKULL CRUSHERS
135X8, 145X6, 155X4+135X6
&
LIGHT CURL BAR VARIATION 3X12

CIRCUIT 4 ROUNDS
PARALLEL CHIN UPS 6 EA
ROPE PUSHDOWNS 8 EA
SEATED CABLE CURLS 6 EA
BODY WEIGHT TRICEP EXTENSIONS 10 EA

PREACHER HAMMER CURLS 3X8
&
LYING DB TRICEP EXTENSIONS 3X10

100 BAND PUSHDOWNS
&
CHINUPS DURING REST 4 SETS OF 6

2 SETS TILL FAILURE OF STANDING DOUBLE BICEPS POSE CABLE CURLS
 
1/23. Back and shoulders
Not going to be able to workout tomorrow. Had to hit shoulders today in two sessions. I have the option of working out at the house. Or 2 other gyms. I use the house when I am off and feel like it. Other wise I use the gym. I use a different gym on days that I work. Each place had its own pros and cons. I tend to use the smith machine more than I like too. But it's a safety net since I am sans partner. The gym at work has a smith machine that is very true in weight. The one at the other gym is very flattering. I estimate 20-30 lbs more can be lifted over free weights. Plus then add the factor of not needing to use core and stabilizing muscles that are needed for free weight lifts and you get my picture. The good thing is you can focus solely on pushing the weight and over loading the targeted muscles
Pendlay rows 6,8,8,8
Smith machine push press. 185@5,205@3,215@1,225@1,235@1, 245@1,250@1,225@3
Lat pull downs 5x8
Pulls ups 3x5 each grip. Wide, shoulder width, and close.
PM session
Quick pump finisher
Barbell high pulls
Band face pulls
Heavy cable single arm shoulder press
3 rounds.
Db lateral raises 3@12
 
1-27-14 CHEST
SLING BAND FLAT BENCH
275X3, 300X3, 315X5,5, 320X5,5

DIPS & 225 BENCH 3X10
DIPS 2X10

LOW CABLE XOVER AND PECK DECK 3X12 & 10

HIGH CABLE XOVER AND DB PRESS 3X10,10

15 ROUNDS 1 MIN RUN, 3 PULLUPS
 
1-28 BACK
Pullups
5x5 wide
5x5 close
5x5 shoulder width
30 sec rest between sets

Pendlay Rows
135x5
155x5
165x5
175x5
185x5
195x5 (this was a little sloppy)

Front Squats
185x3
225x3
235x3
245x3

I dont even know what the heck to call these. Jamb 1 end of the bar in a corner on the floor, put plates on the other end, place a close grip pulldown handle under the bar next to the plates and do rows
2 plates x5
3 plates x5
4 plates x5
5 plates too heavy
4 plates x5
2 plates x10

Light pulldowns
3x8

I dont know what to call these either
using a rope typically used for triceps pushdowns, bent over at a 45% angle arms straight and pulling with lats pull from above head to waist 3x10

1 mile run.
 
1-30 shoulders
Workout based on Dorian Yates style workout. I enjoyed it yet a partner is needed for the full effect, due to forced reps and negatives

Seated smith machine military
135@12, 185@12, 205@10

Lateral raises
20@12, 30@12

Cable lateral raises 15,12

Yates style db shrugs. Look them up they work!
Warm up of 20
1 set of 15 full reps and 10 partials

Ss front squats
185,225,245@3. 225@6

3 rounds 12 incline sit-ups and 12 hyper extensions
 
1-31 ARMS
CLOSE GRIP BENCH
255X2, 275X2, 285X2
CLOSE GRIP SLING BAND BENCH
315X3, 325X2, 335X2, 345X2

CURL BAR SKULL CRUSHERS
105X10, 125X8, 145X8, 155X7

OVERHEAD SINGLE DB TRICEPS PRESS
100X6, 65X15,15

SS DRAG CURLS
95X 8,8,8

CURL BAR CURLS
105 3X6
&
PUSH DOWNS
3X10

100 TRICEP BAND PUSH DOWNS

NEUTRAL GRIP PULLUPS 3X8

CHIN UPS 3X5
 
2/3 chest
Flat bench sling band. 4 sets of 5 @ 315, 1 set of 5 @ 325
Flat bench 225x15

Super set
3 rounds
Front squats 135x10
Peck deck x10
High cable cross over 10

Super set 2 rounds
10 peck deck
10 low cable crossover
 
2/5
Pendlay rows 4@6@135

Messed around on smith machine bench
Sling band singles
335,345,365,375,385

Pull-ups 6@10

Cable rows 3@10

Cable crunches 3@12

Leg raises 3@10

Hammer strength pull downs 3@10

Shoveled drivewAy and worked the heck out of lower back. I hate snow
 
2/7 arms
Had an epic arm pump today, thanks to Jack3d advanced, and modern bcaa+. I had un*****ed intensity and was able to keep rest periods to a minimum with great recovery set to set. For me when it comes to ramping up the intensity, this is where a great bcaa intra workout really shines.
Some people complain about mix ability of modern bcaa +. An easy remedy to this issue is to mix it prior to beginning the workout and letting it set in the fridge for a while. When it comes time to lift just give a few shakes and It's all good.
The new advanced jack3d formula had me a little scarred. I am hyper sensitive to yohimbe in a very bad way. Jitters, cold sweats, nausea, anxiety, and this lasts for about 8 hours, so I stay away from it. I was very excited to try this new formula, I have about 15 kinds of pwo's under my belt. After that many they all tend to be so so. I proceeded with caution here and used only half a scoop. I cannot attest what a full scoop feels like. I did not experience the beloved beta alanine tingles at this dose. What I did experience is a skin tearing pump. Great focus, and aggression. Mix ability was spot on, no clumps, or chunks. Taste was wonderfull, as other pwo's can make you want to choke! My workout was different today from what I usually do, so I cannot attest to any specific strength gains.

All exercises done in 3 sets 1 minute rest. Alternating between biceps and triceps.
Close grip bench 3x10
Ss drag cUrls 3x10
Ss skull crushers 3x12
Curl bar curls 3x12
Cable overhead triceps press 3x12
Cable concentration curls 3 working sets of 10 , 6 sets total trying to find proper weight
100 band push downs

Hammer curls 3x10
Chin ups 3x8

Seated shoulder press 3x15
Db shrugs 3x15

Conditioning prior to lifting. 6 30 second tred mill sprints with 2 minutes rest. This is my new best friend
 
2-9
I felt guilty for going so light on shoulders, I had to hit a few sets.
Seated Military
185x5
205x5
225x8
245x2
135x25
Smashed it today, Freaking P/R's falling out of my pockets today
 
2/11 quick workouts all week
Chest
Sling band flat
315@1,355@1,365@2,315@10
Then a few lighter sets for a pump
1 set incline db press for pump
1 set light peck deck for pump

Sent from my iPhone
 
2/12 back and biceps
Pendlay rows 4@6
Pull-ups 4@5
Smith drag curls 4@8
Cable concentration curls 3@10
Cable hammer curls 3@12
Cable double biceps curls 3@10
 
2/13 shoulders and triceps
Seated military smith machine
185@5,205@5,225@5,245@1,255@1
Smith skull crushers
135@5,155@5,165@5,175@5
Light lateral raises 2 sets for pump
Rope push downs
2@10, then drop 1 drop set

Got the idea of smith skull crushers from Rich Piana videos. I love them. I do straight bar and curl bar skull crushers as well. The smith has zero wrist pain, zero balance issues, just unrack and push the weight. In the event of going too heavy, push the bench back and turn it into a bench press. Next week is game on back to normal weight/reps/sets .
 
2/14
Supposed to be a day off, finishing a lower volume recovery week. We got some snow last night. My wife can't drive in it so i took her in and hit the gym. Another light recovery/pump session

Close grip bench 3@15
Ss skull crushers 3@12
Flat bench 3@20
Incline db bench 3@20
Lat pulldowns 3@12
T bar rows 3@15
Double biceps cable curls 3@12
Bar cable curl 3@15
Rope hammer style cable curl 3@12
Shoveled 10 inches of freaking snow. It that doesn't qualify as a strenuous low back workout, I don't know what does
 
2/17 chest
Not really feeling it today but did the best I could
Sling band bench
300@5, 315 3@5
Bench
225@11,8,10
Dips 4@12
Peck deck 3@10
Low cable xover 3@10
Close db bench 3@10
Incline hammer strength 3@10
Peck deck drop set
Leg curls, extensions, calf raises 3@10
 
2/18
Chest re-pump
Close grip db bench 3@10
Low cable x over 3@10

Quick back
Pendlay rows 4@6 & wide pull-ups 4@5
Lat pulldowns 3@10 & band pullovers 3@10
 
2/20
Arms
Close grip bench 3@8
Smith skull crushers 4&6
Curl bar curls 4@8
Smith drag curls 4@8
Curl bar skull crushers 3@12
V bar Pushdowns 3@10
Rope Pushdowns 3@10
Double biceps cable curl 3@10
Cable concentration curls 3@10
Cable overhead triceps extension 3@15
Reverse cable bar curls 3@15
Cable bar curls 3@15
Rope cable curls 3@10
 
2/21 shoulders
Seated military 185@5,205@5,225@6,5,5
Push press
185@1,205@1,210@1,205@2,2
Db shrugs 4@12
Lateral raises 3@12
Cable high pulls 3@15
Front squats 185@3,225@3,245@3,225@3
 
2/24 chest
Bench warm ups
Sling band bench doubles 315,345,365. 315x6
No band 225x14
1 min rest from here on out
Db bench 4x10
Peck deck 4x10
Hammer strength incline 3x12. Decline 3x10
High cross over and push-ups 3x10 ea
Low cross over and push-ups 3x10 ea
 
2/25 back
Pendlay rows 4x6
Pull-ups close, reg,wide 3x5 each
Leg press 4x10
Hyper extensions 3x10
Band pull overs 3x12
Behind neck pulldowns 4x10
1 arm cable rows 3x10
15 Wide pull-ups to finish
 
2/26 arms
Ss skull crushers 4x5
Close grip bench 2x5, 2x3
Ss drag curls 4x10
Long head straight bar curls 3x10
Triceps dip machine 3x15
Rope Pushdowns 3x12
Cable concentration curls 3x10
 
Whewhoo!!! Had a fun day today. I haven't had a workout partner for years, with the exception of conditioning and bodyweight type workouts.
Today 3/3 I joined a group of co-workers for a bench session.
Nice to have a spotter, and some friendly competition.
Flat bench all with sling band ( other guys using sling shots )
295x3 315@1, 345@1, 365@1, 375 fail
Burnout set 225@30
Pause rep set 225@17
This was a nice change. I was pumped, light headed, breathing heavy
Decline bench 3@10
High cable cross over & dips 3x10
Band Pushdowns 100
 
3/4 back
2 mile run
Pendlay rows 4x6
Pull-ups 6x6
Low rows 4x10
1 arm lat pulldowns 4x10
Cable pullovers 4x15
 
3/5
2.25 miles
Shoulders
Seated military
225@3,240@1,245@1,225@5,4
135 plus 1 band each side 2@8
Speed reps 135@32
Pause reps 135@15
Hang cleans 135 4x5
Db shrugs 2 sets high reps for pump
Band high pulls 3 sets for pump
 
3-6 ARMS
Sling band close grip smith bench
315, 335, 345 singles 225 x 35, pause reps 225 x 10
sling band smith bench 365, 375 singles
*not done in the order described above
ss skull crushers 135 4 x 12
cable overhead tricep ext 4x10
rope pushdowns 4x15

curl bar curls 4x12
cable hammer curls 4x12
cable bar curls 4x12

leg press 4x10
 
3/10
Chest
1 mile
Sling band bench
225@6, 250@6
250@23 rep out til failure
250@14 pause reps

Decline 3@10. 185,195,205

Hs incline press 3@12

Peck deck 3@12

Low cable xover 3@12
 
3/12 arms
1 mile
Sling band bench 275x15
Reverse grip bench 225x10,5,5,3,3
135 close grip 3x10
Ss skull crushers 135 4x10
Skull crushers 4x15
Curls and chins 3 x 12&5
Rope Pushdowns 5x15
Seated cable curls 4x12
V bar Pushdowns 4x10
Rope curls 4x12
1 arm cable curls 3x12
 
Forgot to post. 3/13 shoulders
Seated military
Cable uprights
Band uprights
O a cable work
Hand stand push-ups
Finished off with light pump exercises for arms, back, and chest
 
3/17 chest
Sling band bench
275x4,315x2
275x17
Pause reps 275x10
Decline 185x10,205x10,225x9
High cable cross over 3x12
Low cable crossover 3x12
Peck deck 3x12
 
3/24 chest
Sling band bench
225@3,275@3,315@3
Max reps 300@9
Pause reps 300@6

Decline 205 3@10
Dips 4@15
High x overs 3@12
Low x over 3@12
A few more exercises for a pump
 
3/25 shoulders
Hspu 6,8,8
Pike pushups 3x15
Lateral raise 3@15
Front raise 3@15
Reverse fly 3@15
Face pulls 3@15
2 miles
 
3/26 back
Pull-ups
Wide 8,10,10
V bar 3@8
Rdl 4@8
Bb rows 3@12
Pulldowns 3@10
OA cable rows 3@12
Standing cable pullovers 3@10
1.5 miles
 
3/26 back
Pull-ups
Wide 8,10,10
V bar 3@8
Rdl 4@8
Bb rows 3@12
Pulldowns 3@10
OA cable rows 3@12
Standing cable pullovers 3@10
1.5 miles
 
3/27
Close grip smith sling band bench
275@5,305@5,325@2,335@1,345@1
225@40
Ss skull crushers 135 3@12
Curl bar curls 3@12
Ss drag curls 3@10
Curl bar skull crushers 3@15
Chin-ups 3@8
Rope Pushdowns 3@15
OA Pushdowns 3@10
Hammer curls 3@10
Seated cable curls 3@10
100 band Pushdowns
Standing bar cable curls 3@12
 
4/9 chest
Man I have been sick for the past ten days. Driving me nuts. Got 2 lifts in last week. Today wasn't terrible but not great either.
Sling band bench
225@10,275@3,300@3,315@3
225 4x10
Incline bench 135 4@10
Decline bench 4@12
Low cable xover 4@12
High cable xover 4@10
 
4/15
Finally not sick anymore. But have been fn busy! Quick bench workout with band of course
300@3,5,5
225@30
 
4/16
Best freaking day in weeks
Chest revisited
Sling band bench
275@1,300@1,315@3,225@27
High flat bench bar lowered to
Collar bones, watched a video it claimed that this hits the upper chest as good as incline does. It does
Not hurt my shoulders either
4@10
Dips 5@10
Decline Hs bench 3@12
Db flat bench 3@12
Hs incline press drop set
High and low cable x over 3@12 each
 
4/17 arms and back
Close grip and reverse grip bench 4@10 ea
Pull-ups 3@10,3@6,3@4,3@2
Ss skull crushers 3@10
T bar row 3@15
Curl bar skull crushers 3@12
100 band Pushdowns
Double biceps pose cable curls 3@12
Standing double cable curls 3@10
OA cable curls 3@10ea
Bar cable curls 3@12
Rope hammer cable curls 3@12
Chins 3@5
 
4/22. Chest at home
I have a limited amount of equipment but enough to get the job done
Flat sling band
275@5,300@2,315,4,275@10,8,10
Heavy resistant cable high xover 3@15
Cable press (like db bench) 3@15
 
4/30
Getting back on track
Sling band bench on the smith.
Singles 325,350,365,375
315x15
225x15
Ss skull crushers 135 4x10
Close grip bench 135 4x10
Rope Pushdowns 3@12
Bar Pushdowns 3@10
Overhead rope extensions 3@12
 
5/5. Back
Been a messed up few weeks and this one is looking any better
Wide pull-ups 3@10
Pendlay rows 3@6
Lat pull downs 6@10
 
5/6
Quick bench workout
Sling band singles
305,335,365,385 ( new pr)
315x10
That's it! It stinks. But crunch time is coming. Twins will be here soon. Then that's what all the workouts will look like. Just enought to maintain strength.
 
Back
Top