Germans

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
BiO impales midget on trident and screams, "This IS Spartaaaa!!".

Then runs away crying.

I really wish I had never seen that. Thanks CDB.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
At least they make BMW and Audi which are both nice cars.

I'm not feelin' Volkswagon though.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
At least they make BMW and Audi which are both nice cars.

I'm not feelin' Volkswagon though.
Do you know who owns Audi????

Audi is a German automobile manufacturer with headquarters in Ingolstadt, Bavaria, and has been an almost wholly owned (99.7%) subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group since 1964

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established

Audi is a German automobile manufacturer with headquarters in Ingolstadt, Bavaria, and has been an almost wholly owned (99.7%) subsidiary of the Volkswagen Group since 1964
LMFAO I just looked up that same fact.

Guess who owns Mercedes?

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

Lamborghini is now a subsidiary of German car manufacturer Audi AG, which is in turn a subsidiary of Volkswagen.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Volkswagen is part of the Volkswagen group, along with:

* Audi — the one remaining brand from the former Auto Union group —bought from Daimler-Benz in 1964.
* NSU — bought in 1969 by Volkswagen and merged into the Audi division, a brand not used since 1977
* SEAT — majority owned since 1987
* Škoda — bought in 1991
* Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles — started operations in 1995, VWCV is in charge of all Commercial Vehicle developments within the group.
* Bentley — bought in 1998 from Vickers along with Rolls-Royce -cannot produce cars using the Rolls-Royce marque because the trademarks went to BMW
* Bugatti — name bought in 1998
* Lamborghini — bought on June 12, 1998

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Volkswagen is part of the Volkswagen group, along with:

* Audi — the one remaining brand from the former Auto Union group —bought from Daimler-Benz in 1964.
* NSU — bought in 1969 by Volkswagen and merged into the Audi division, a brand not used since 1977
* SEAT — majority owned since 1987
* Škoda — bought in 1991
* Volkswagen Commercial Vehicles — started operations in 1995, VWCV is in charge of all Commercial Vehicle developments within the group.
* Bentley — bought in 1998 from Vickers along with Rolls-Royce -cannot produce cars using the Rolls-Royce marque because the trademarks went to BMW
* Bugatti — name bought in 1998
* Lamborghini — bought on June 12, 1998
Looks like The Peoples Car owns quite a few companies.

Doesn't Ford own some high end line? I can't remember which, and I don't have .000347876 seconds to Google search.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
Looks like The Peoples Car owns quite a few companies.

Doesn't Ford own some high end line? I can't remember which, and I don't have .000347876 seconds to Google search.
Divisions
Ford division
Lincoln
Mercury

Subsidiaries
Jaguar
Land Rover
Volvo (cars only)

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established
Jag is under Ford.

Hm, I meant to say brand where it originated from not specifically where it is manufactured.

Lots of hondas and toyotas are manuf. in the US, but are under Japanese specifications.

ReaperX

Awards
  • Established

The VW specific styles/models.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
My wife's Passat is essentially the same thing as an Audi A4. Same motor/suspension et cetera. Kinda like the difference between Ford and Mercury..mostly cosmetic.

Nearly all the car companies are subs to 3-5 major names. GM owns a boatload..Mitsubishi etc etc. Ford own part of Mazda I think or they collaborate closely.

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
My wife's Passat is essentially the same thing as an Audi A4. Same motor/suspension et cetera. Kinda like the difference between Ford and Mercury..mostly cosmetic.

Nearly all the car companies are subs to 3-5 major names. GM owns a boatload..Mitsubishi etc etc. Ford own part of Mazda I think or they collaborate closely.
I never noticed the A4/Passat connection. My girlfriend wants a Passat, or an A4, and now I guess I know why.

This is off topic, but who cares really...
How would you rate the Passat? I've never owned anything other than GM or Toyota.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
We have a 2000 model with a 1.8T 5 speed and absolutely love it. I have heard the new models with the larger engines and no turbo are not as fast or as responsive.

I'd go with Volks simply because Audi generally is more expensive.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards

You are correct. However, a lil extra love goes into Audi then VW.

xjsynx

xjsynx

Awards
I never noticed the A4/Passat connection. My girlfriend wants a Passat, or an A4, and now I guess I know why.

This is off topic, but who cares really...
How would you rate the Passat? I've never owned anything other than GM or Toyota.
Oh yeah you bought the Tundra?

I love my JCE-10

Dr Packenwood

Dr Packenwood

Awards
  • Established
Oh yeah you bought the Tundra?

I love my JCE-10
I don't think you can go wrong with any Japanese auto maker.

I'd really like to have a G-35/350Z but I can't do that until my Tundra is paid for in 3 years.

CDB

CDB

Awards
  • Established
BiO impales midget on trident and screams, "This IS Spartaaaa!!".

Then runs away crying.

I really wish I had never seen that. Thanks CDB.
I should suffer in solitude?

At least it's a break from skateboarder face plants and bimbos getting tazed by their boyfriends.

bioman

bioman

Awards
  • Established
Suffering in silence is test of authenticity.

:p