FunkyChicken needs help with long and short term plans

FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken

Awards
OK, I appreciate all the help I can get from yall. Here goes a shot at trying to explain this.

I am 22 years old, 220 pounds and from my estimate a 16%bf. ( don’t know for sure but I will be getting skin calipers in the mail soon). My dad is a bodybuilder and former Mr.Rhode Island so growing up I wanted to be like him and started lifting weights in the 8th grade. I lifted heavy with different trainer on different programs until about last year. Atfer X, Y and Z happened I ended up stopping lifting for a few months got a nice drinking habit going and lost a lot of the gains I had worked hard for over the past years . About a month ago I found my groove and am back in the gym and here to stay. I contacted my old lifting partner and he sent me the program he is on called JTS and I have been doing that for the past month. I have it on a excel sheet so I can email it to someone if they wanna see it or want to help tweak or wanna use it themselves.

Cutting to the Chase –

This summer I am going to have a lot of time to train as I am just going to be taking an EMT class until noon daily. I want to be sure I’m doing the correct thing for myself but I am not sure what is the best. I know everyone is different but I am sure for someone in my shoes there should be a solid thing to do.

Training

-- For example should I try to be cutting down my weight to a lower bf and then trying to pack on lean mass? Or should I be trying to just pack on muscle and let the bf go down over time.—

I am not trying to get a six pack for summer and get ripped but my main goal is to go back to around 10-11% bodyfat and gain some inches on my body besides the waist. Strength is cool and I find it fun to lift heavy weights but for me all I really care about is size. I would appreciate any comments on what I should be doing. I want to grind it out this summer and for a long while but I want and need to be sure I’m doing the correct and best thing possible for my situation. Right now I don’t know what that Is.

Diet

This past month has been hectic for me for school but I have been trying to read different diets and learn as much as possible when I have time. My last biology final is in a few days so I hope to learn more in the next coming weeks. My biggest accomplishment was getting out of my meal plan in my ****ty schools cafe and being able to buy my own grocieries.

I don’t have an official diet but this past month I have been pretty good. Diets been mostly Chicken, 93% grass fed beef, boiled eggs, cottage cheese and vegtables here and there.

I don t know the best carb source. I try to eat my carbs before and after I workout and when I wake up. (blended up oatmeal in my pre and post workout shake)

I also do not know what the best vegetables to eat and need to start to get them incorporated into my diet.
Broccoli and Green Beans r the best?

In general I do not know what my goal should be so I haven’t been able to tailor a diet. What I have been doing is eating a lot of protein and timing up my carbs, nothing strict but I plan to get strict and stay strict once I can figure out the correct way to diet.

If anyone can post links to diets I should look at and consider that would be awesome.

Supplements

Pre-Workout
I make my own mix of Creatine, Beta Alanine – I lift late in the school year and haven’t been using stims but this summer I hope to find another pre that’s good
Protien – Iso-Pure Unflavored, Gaspari Nutriton Myofusion Probiotic
Creatine Mono
Multi – Anavite
GHenerate – before bed and before I workout
Blue Growth – before I got to bed

Basically need to tweak everything and make it perfect for myself in the summer and the future. Any and All help is appreciated.
If I am able to get a lot of help and figure my **** out I really want to log everything I do.

Thanks in advance everyone.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
If time is of no concern, go for a recomp. Just eat at a small, small defecit while working hard in the gym and you should slowly, drop some bf while increasing LBM. Find out your TDEE to figure out where you should be calorie/protein/carb wise.

FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken

Awards
If time is of no concern, go for a recomp. Just eat at a small, small defecit while working hard in the gym and you should slowly, drop some bf while increasing LBM. Find out your TDEE to figure out where you should be calorie/protein/carb wise.
How do i know what the proper defecit is?

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
For a recomp, prolly 100-200 calories under maintenance

FunkyChicken

FunkyChicken

Awards
Where can i learn how many calories I should be consuming.