Unanswered Friend abusing a Pre?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
One of my Friends bought a Pre Workout. It's in Caps not powder ie scoops.

On the label it says not to exceed 2 caps in a day. He loves the feeling of the Pre and is taking up to 4 a day. He is spacing them out but still.. Isn't this gonna give him issues?

I think each cap is 175mg of Caffeine and had Eria Jarensis and DMHA also. You can see that he is almost wired on these and looks all jittery and won't sit at peace. Yes it's improving his workout but man their is a limit and also health.....

How can i deter him? He says i can still sleep fine and i get a lot more done ie using them at work etc i have tried to tell him that he's gonna f*ck his heart up.

Should he be worried? People think because you can buy something off of the internet completely illegal that it can't be "bad" wrong

Is he gonna damage himself? No want him falling ill or anything. Feel like flushing his tub lol

What could i say or do i say anything?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
He will have issues. It will be compounding. His body may be able to handle what he is doing right now, but as he keeps it up, he will eventually experience negative effects.

Joshinator

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Id say just do your best to explain its not good for his health. you could mention adrenal fatigue or other medical terms. But in the end its his call, you cant force it. If he doesnt accept what you say and is determined to do whatever he wants then so be it. At that point just be his friend but dont approve of the stim use, and encourage him to stop whenever you can without being pushy. If he doesnt listen, know that you have done your job as his friend and anything that happens to him is his fault not yours.

In the grand scheme of things, taking 4 of those pills in a day isnt really that big of a deal. Its not like hees smoking meth or shooting heroin, its not a super dangerous activity to where you need to worry about his health. Most likely he will be just fine without any serious health concerns.

The Solution

The Solution

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Consumers are narrow-minded
You can give them all the research, proper information, directions, and science as to the benefits, downfalls, and uses of products. In their mind more = better, when in the real world it is a law of diminishing returns.

Sometimes it is best to nod your head, smile, and move forward. You can choose the battles that are not worth fighting when they have already made up their mind. It doesn't just apply to pre-workouts you can see it run rampant to other products, categories, and formulas.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You can give them all the research, proper information, directions, and science as to the benefits, downfalls, and uses of products. In their mind more = better, when in the real world it is a law of diminishing returns.

Sometimes it is best to nod your head, smile, and move forward. You can choose the battles that are not worth fighting when they have already made up their mind. It doesn't just apply to pre-workouts you can see it run rampant to other products, categories, and formulas.
Yeh your right. I have just been going along with it the last few days. He was also the classic 3+ scooper of jack3d back in the day and also used Craze constantly. So he has an addictive personality for sure.

He has took a couple days away from them now though. He says he was so overly stimmed the other night he couldn't even look his girl in the eyes without becoming anxious as hell. So he has gave me the tub and says to give him a couple when we're working out only... So i am cool with that

A lot of people believe these pre's are fine because you can just buy them from a shop but they still can be abused and also cause damage in the long run. I mind my heart rate sitting at 120bpm rested on Craze lol Crazy stuff like.

Atleast he's slowed up.. He will have also built tolerance in no time as well and needed these just to even go and workout or probably get out his bed lol

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote

Yeh your right. I have just been going along with it the last few days. He was also the classic 3+ scooper of jack3d back in the day and also used Craze constantly. So he has an addictive personality for sure.

He has took a couple days away from them now though. He says he was so overly stimmed the other night he couldn't even look his girl in the eyes without becoming anxious as hell. So he has gave me the tub and says to give him a couple when we're working out only... So i am cool with that

A lot of people believe these pre's are fine because you can just buy them from a shop but they still can be abused and also cause damage in the long run. I mind my heart rate sitting at 120bpm rested on Craze lol Crazy stuff like.

Atleast he's slowed up.. He will have also built tolerance in no time as well and needed these just to even go and workout or probably get out his bed lol

Ptlhains

Ptlhains

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Sounds like he may have an addictive personality. Stims feel good and can fill a void and be the solution one has been looking for (like any other drug). In that case, more (of the same or higher powered stims) is always the solution when when the brain adapts to the current dose and / or you start to feel like crap. This mentality can lead to big problems.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Sounds like he may have an addictive personality. Stims feel good and can fill a void and be the solution one has been looking for (like any other drug). In that case, more (of the same or higher powered stims) is always the solution when when the brain adapts to the current dose and / or you start to feel like crap. This mentality can lead to big problems.
He does have a very addictive personality. He will even admit that himself.

He thinks this is "harmless" though. A pre workout? Like a street drug? Can't be? It can just do as much damage if like any drug it is completely abused... Just like what he is doing. He has stopped just now and gave me the tub so as long as he doesn't buy anymore a will just give him it when we're training only. He trains 4 times a week so atleast he will have 3 days of rest.

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One of my Friends bought a Pre Workout. It's in Caps not powder ie scoops.

On the label it says not to exceed 2 caps in a day. He loves the feeling of the Pre and is taking up to 4 a day. He is spacing them out but still.. Isn't this gonna give him issues?

I think each cap is 175mg of Caffeine and had Eria Jarensis and DMHA also. You can see that he is almost wired on these and looks all jittery and won't sit at peace. Yes it's improving his workout but man their is a limit and also health.....

How can i deter him? He says i can still sleep fine and i get a lot more done ie using them at work etc i have tried to tell him that he's gonna f*ck his heart up.

Should he be worried? People think because you can buy something off of the internet completely illegal that it can't be "bad" wrong

Is he gonna damage himself? No want him falling ill or anything. Feel like flushing his tub lol

What could i say or do i say anything?
Are you a doctor? Seems like you're diagnosing him without any type of medical education or training.

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Like others have said more is not always better and it seems he doesn't know that..

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
First, I applaud someone being concerned for a friend, but without knowing what is in this, how it is impacting him, his age, his health status, etc. - it is hard to get too worked up or say what is "right" here.

As The Solution said, there are a lot of perceptions you will have to overcome here about safety and his own beliefs of what is safe and his own choices.

One thing I can suggest is that you suggest he increase his Vitamin D intake if he doesn't already take it. 10,000 iu a day. This has dramatically decreased my tolerance of stims (at least i believe it has). Some people on here have reported similar effects and some have said it did nothing. It seems to be effective in 50% of people.

Also, when convincing someone of something, it is very easy to try to "tell" them. It is much more effective if you can restrain your own position and ask questions that allow them to reach their own conclusions.

banjobounce

banjobounce

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
How does he know that hes sleeping well. Is he or with an oura or go2sleep ring?

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you a doctor? Seems like you're diagnosing him without any type of medical education or training.
Not a doctor at all but just a Friend who cares.. Off loading a massive amount of stim's just isn't healthy.. Even a non doctor can tell this.

I just noticed he was VERY jittery and wired almost like Adderal. Wouldn't stop pacing and he says his heart was racing like crazy but continued to knock back the Pre... So was just a concern from me. Nothing more. He has gave me the tub though and has drastically slowed up so even he knew he was doing some damage.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
First, I applaud someone being concerned for a friend, but without knowing what is in this, how it is impacting him, his age, his health status, etc. - it is hard to get too worked up or say what is "right" here.

As The Solution said, there are a lot of perceptions you will have to overcome here about safety and his own beliefs of what is safe and his own choices.

One thing I can suggest is that you suggest he increase his Vitamin D intake if he doesn't already take it. 10,000 iu a day. This has dramatically decreased my tolerance of stims (at least i believe it has). Some people on here have reported similar effects and some have said it did nothing. It seems to be effective in 50% of people.

Also, when convincing someone of something, it is very easy to try to "tell" them. It is much more effective if you can restrain your own position and ask questions that allow them to reach their own conclusions.
Yeh i was concerned. I think intaking like a gram of caffeine each day plus DMHA Eria Jarensis and other stims (It was Hydrazine the pre btw so it has other strong stim's in their aswell) can't be good on the cardio vascular system? I ain't an expert though so i genuinely have zero clue if they can/will cause damage. He just seemed absolutely wired those days. He has a crazy addictive personality so he loves the rush and wants more. He was just becoming a walking ball of anxiety towards the end of the day though and his girl/partner says to me please get those things away from him.

He has slowed up now though and is back to himself. So i was just concerned as he's a very good friend of mine since we we're kids and i just didn't want to see anything negative happening. Didn't want to sound like i was being a Mr Right. I ain't no angel lol

Thanks anyway man. Appreciate the reply

Helpmebrahs

Awards
HPA -Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis will get damaged overtime if he is taking it everyday! Once the adrenals get damaged there is basically nothing you can do. The people at bb.com don't want to acknowledge that there little holy grail of caffeine pre-workouts can create damage but they do in the long run.

Its not just some issue of being "Desensitized" - the pre-workouts will stop working altogether in the long run beyond typical adrenal fatigue as the HPA axis becomes overloaded and can no longer handle the stress.

Those pre-workouts are loaded with L-tyrosine and caffeine which boost dopamine levels to a highly addictive level. The l-arginine and l-citrulline combined with dopamine - make you feel like "Superman" and create mind-blowing orgasms but this puts stress in the body overtime. STIMDICK and ED are all possible side effects. Vasodialtion and vasoconstriction combined will put heavy stress on the heart.

You want your HPA axis to be healthy for proper erections.

bell1986

bell1986

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
HPA -Hypothalamic-pituitary-adrenal axis will get damaged overtime if he is taking it everyday! Once the adrenals get damaged there is basically nothing you can do. The people at bb.com don't want to acknowledge that there little holy grail of caffeine pre-workouts can create damage but they do in the long run.

Its not just some issue of being "Desensitized" - the pre-workouts will stop working altogether in the long run beyond typical adrenal fatigue as the HPA axis becomes overloaded and can no longer handle the stress.

Those pre-workouts are loaded with L-tyrosine and caffeine which boost dopamine levels to a highly addictive level. The l-arginine and l-citrulline combined with dopamine - make you feel like "Superman" and create mind-blowing orgasms but this puts stress in the body overtime. STIMDICK and ED are all possible side effects. Vasodialtion and vasoconstriction combined will put heavy stress on the heart.

You want your HPA axis to be healthy for proper erections.
Stim Dick. The good ol Jack3d days lol

I take it once the Adrenals are damaged then that is them? Very little recovery?