Fresh N Lean

-MVP-

-MVP-

Awards
Anyone tried this? I’m not gonna lie between being a father of three, training, work schedule, and all the other things Going on I think it will be a tremendous help.

MikeSumthin

MikeSumthin

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Tried what? Working out, working full time and being a dad, yes... I also stack it w a gf and sleep.

-MVP-

-MVP-

Awards
Tried what? Working out, working full time and being a dad, yes... I also stack it w a gf and sleep.
No tried the fresh n lean thing…. Where they deliver the cooked meals to your door every week.

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Don’t tell me you afraid to go in the grocery store also

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
No tried the fresh n lean thing…. Where they deliver the cooked meals to your door every week.
I'm not a fan of stuff like that because it's overpriced and I actually enjoy cooking I just hate cleaning up after myself.

If you like it and you can afford it and you think it's optimal then go for it. I'm also a father of two and I do the majority of cooking in my household. What I like to do is on Sundays and Wednesdays I either bake or grill up all of my meat for the next 3 days. So on Sunday I do all my cooking for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Then on Wednesday I do all my cooking for Thursday Friday and Saturday. And Sunday is a free day where I can pick up stuff while I'm cooking or I can order out. If you have all your meat cooked and ready to go all you have to do is randomly throw together some quick side dishes. And I'm pretty fond of the easy stuff like fruits and vegetables and a pot of rice or a couple of baked potatoes.

I do cook special dinners for the kids when they want specific things but a lot of the times they're cool with just having chicken and rice as long as they've got some nice sauces to go on top. I finally get to stray away from my diet so tonight I'm going to make buffalo wings and some crappy freezer french fries but in general that approach works most of the Year for me except for certain scenarios where I have very specific goals

-MVP-

-MVP-

Awards
I'm not a fan of stuff like that because it's overpriced and I actually enjoy cooking I just hate cleaning up after myself.

If you like it and you can afford it and you think it's optimal then go for it. I'm also a father of two and I do the majority of cooking in my household. What I like to do is on Sundays and Wednesdays I either bake or grill up all of my meat for the next 3 days. So on Sunday I do all my cooking for Monday Tuesday and Wednesday. Then on Wednesday I do all my cooking for Thursday Friday and Saturday. And Sunday is a free day where I can pick up stuff while I'm cooking or I can order out. If you have all your meat cooked and ready to go all you have to do is randomly throw together some quick side dishes. And I'm pretty fond of the easy stuff like fruits and vegetables and a pot of rice or a couple of baked potatoes.

I do cook special dinners for the kids when they want specific things but a lot of the times they're cool with just having chicken and rice as long as they've got some nice sauces to go on top. I finally get to stray away from my diet so tonight I'm going to make buffalo wings and some crappy freezer french fries but in general that approach works most of the Year for me except for certain scenarios where I have very specific goals
I like this idea. I’ve been experimenting but trying to cook a whole week worth of stuff on Sunday’s and it just isn’t working for me. I’ll be honest I’m still learning how to cook and that’s where the aggravation for me begins. I used to clean the kitchen after my wife cooked back when I was married so cleaning isn’t my issue but cooking definitely is.

I don’t mind the price of the stuff but I worry about sodium intake.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
How many days a week are you having your kids if you don't mind me asking. And is it multiple days in a row or is it broken up through the week. If I have an idea of your schedule I might be able to help you come up with some good ideas and then you could incorporate certain things to make life easier depending on the day of the week.

When I help people with diet plans and stuff one of the big things I like to do is figure out their schedule so we can find what works best for them on certain days of the week. So you only have your kids on Friday nights well maybe Friday nights you do take out so it's something nice to do with the kids or you guys all go out to dinner together. Maybe it so happens to line up where you don't have your kids on the days you're working out maybe you have them 3 days a week and you work out 4 days a week. Now you only have to cook for yourself on those 4 days all I'm getting at is different scenarios different possibilities maybe I can help you come up with some ideas

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I like this idea. I’ve been experimenting but trying to cook a whole week worth of stuff on Sunday’s and it just isn’t working for me. I’ll be honest I’m still learning how to cook and that’s where the aggravation for me begins. I used to clean the kitchen after my wife cooked back when I was married so cleaning isn’t my issue but cooking definitely is.

I don’t mind the price of the stuff but I worry about sodium intake.
Just curious why you worry about sodium intake? I add sodium to all my meals if you don't have pre-existing medical conditions sodium is not a bad thing, maintaining a balance between sodium and other minerals is what's more important

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

I've known several chefs over the years who basically told me, "I'll cook whatever you want, if you'll clean up.
LOL.

-MVP-

-MVP-

Awards
Just curious why you worry about sodium intake? I add sodium to all my meals if you don't have pre-existing medical conditions sodium is not a bad thing, maintaining a balance between sodium and other minerals is what's more important
Blood pressure. I have OSA and hypertension. Don’t get me wrong I’ve lost +60 lbs and it’s gotten better but I really feel like I control those things better with weight loss and sodium reduction.

-MVP-

-MVP-

Awards
How many days a week are you having your kids if you don't mind me asking. And is it multiple days in a row or is it broken up through the week. If I have an idea of your schedule I might be able to help you come up with some good ideas and then you could incorporate certain things to make life easier depending on the day of the week.
Their mama works Fri, Sat, Sun. I’m off weekends so we alternate Thursdays and I get them every Fri-Sun and she comes gets them on Monday evenings.

When I help people with diet plans and stuff one of the big things I like to do is figure out their schedule so we can find what works best for them on certain days of the week. So you only have your kids on Friday nights well maybe Friday nights you do take out so it's something nice to do with the kids or you guys all go out to dinner together. Maybe it so happens to line up where you don't have your kids on the days you're working out maybe you have them 3 days a week and you work out 4 days a week. Now you only have to cook for yourself on those 4 days all I'm getting at is different scenarios different possibilities maybe I can help you come up with some ideas
Yeah that’s why I’m trying to train before work now instead of weekends. It gives me less on my plate while I have them on the weekends.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
So it sounds like your training in the morning during the week and taking weekends off from the gym.

Assuming your eating like someone with fitness and improving your physique in mind you should be aiming for 4 to 6 meals a day. Is six necessary probably not but don't just eat your breakfast lunch and dinner it's not optimal I don't care what anyone says you will not find many if any impressive people in the world who just eat breakfast lunch and dinner year-round.

If you can get a meal in 1hr before the gym I would make a overnight oats bowl with oats and whey and a small amount of fat. If your too short on time to eat then I would invest in some eaa's and a carb source to drink intra workout.

Post workout have a meal ready to go. This could also be an overnight oats bowl if you didn't already have that pre-workout. Otherwise I would opt for something more real food like chicken and rice or you could do egg whites with vegetables and rice something that's protein and carbs with no/ very low fat.

Then you could base your diet for the rest of the day depending around your goals. if you've already got the meat grilled up you just measure out your portions of meat for the next three meals.

Assuming your going to work now something like a salad with meat and a piece of fruit. Or if you need something that's easier just to open up and eat make a good size wrap with chicken and vegetables.

Then when you get home you can have more satisfying meals like meat and rice meat and potatoes I like to have fruits and vegetables and almost every meal but I know it's not optimal for most people to eat that much fruit.

If you can nail down your meals during the week Monday through Friday with five meals a day or four meals and an intro workout nutrition.

Then on the weekends when you got your kids maybe doing the three meals a day will better suit you. Just do larger portions this would be a good time also to work on your cooking and just have fun with your kids.

Maybe you make everybody omelets for breakfast or french toast is pretty simple most people can do that you could always chase your French toast with a protein shake so you can reach your protein goal for the day but I'd still prefer you chose real food over shakes so maybe you have some turkey sausage or something like that to go with your pancakes or french toast or whatever it is you decided to make the kids. Maybe on the weekends when you have the kids you do those pre-made meals getting delivered or pick one night to go out to eat maybe on Sunday before they go back to their mothers you have your cheat day in order to pizza or something.

When you cut someone whose goal is to be a physique athlete or a high level athlete of some other sort they need to be a little more tedious but if you can nail down your diet Monday through Friday and still be reasonable on the weekends the average person can progress pretty damn good

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
I use talk to text for a lot of that so if there's typos and stuff you know why