Guest viewing limit reached
  • You have reached the maximum number of guest views allowed
  • Please register below to remove this limitation

Foxy Rocks MST RagNOrok

ddfox

Board Sponsor
ME:

Age: 45
Ht: 5'7"
Wt: 170
BF: 12-14%


Current Split: (Thinking of changing it up)

Chest / Triceps / Calfs

Back / Traps / Abs

Shoulders / Legs


Current Supps:

MST RagNOrok Elite

Protein --- OxyElite
Multi --- Orange Triad+Greens
Intra --- AminoD



Big Thanks to MST for the opportunity to log this re-formulated classic! :D
 
Decided to go with 1 HEAPING scoop today...

Invalid Link Removed


I like to down my Pre in 2 or 3 gulps so I only use 4-5 oz of water.



Invalid Link Removed
 
I thought it should be called Piña Coloda instead of Punch. I liked it but didn't get much "Punch" flavor. Definitely has a "tropical" taste.

Agreed that it does taste similar to a piña colada. Also, there are other styles of punch aside from fruit punch, but I get what you're saying. ;)
 
Agreed that it does taste similar to a piña colada. Also, there are other styles of punch aside from fruit punch, but I get what you're saying. ;)


True. It was a welcome change --- I'm pretty much tired of all fruit punch supplements.
 
Shoulders / Legs

NOTES: Took 1 heaping scoop today. Had a good workout, nothing spectacular. Energy was ok, I typically take 300mg of caffeine so I'm thinking 1.5 scoops will be my sweet spot. Surprised I didn't tingle more on the 2g of BA. For me the focus was the best part - found myself staring or becoming "zoned in" on random objects. Like a concentrated stare.

Chest & Triceps on Wed or Thurs.
 
I agree on the tropical flavor. My thought was it should come with a drink umbrella and it's certainly a welcome change.
 
Chest / Triceps / Calfs

NOTES: Tried 1.5 scoops today. Got a few tingles but not as much as I excepted. Pump was good today. Endurance seemed better & focus was good but I didn't get that "jolt" or "rush" of energy. I may need to wait longer before starting my workout. RagNOrok seems to come on slower & smoother than I'm used to. Tomorrow is Back & Traps --- I may try 2 scoops.
 
Back / Traps / Abs

NOTES: Stayed @ 1.5 scoops. Here's the biggest difference I've seen so far - Although I don't get that initial rush of energy from RagNOrok - I also don't crash 3-4 hours later. Many times on different pre-workouts I'll end up taking a 40-60 min nap later in the day because I feel so drained. For me, that's a good trade off most of the time.
 
Ready to go for Shoulders & Legs on Monday!!



Invalid Link Removed

I love Cordygen! It's been a long time though... Have you tried that sample yet?

Oh, yeah, and I'm in. :)
 
Full Body

Lots of pull-ups, push-ups, dips, dumbbells, kettle bells, TRX Suspension trainer, and Medicine ball.


NOTES: IMO this is the type of workout where RagNOrok really shines! Endurance was excellent. Kept pushing myself for more reps & more exercises! I'll be doing this type of workout again!!!
 
I love those types of workouts, super tough. TRX suspension cables kicked my ass the first time I tried it out, wasn't expecting that. I thought I'd add it to the program to help stabilize my shoulders due to past injury, realized it's something you need to eeease into.
 
3 Mile Run



NOTES: Decided to try 1 scoop before a run today. Thought it was the perfect amount of pre-cardio boost. Looking forward to Chest in the morning!
 
Nice. Everyone seems to really enjoy the product before endurance activities. Seems to be one of the many positives :D
 
Update: Have done Chest & Tris along with Back & Traps the past couple of days -



NOTES: Find myself doing more reps and more sets than normal - Have not wanted to leave the gym!

Endurance, Focus, & No Crash seem to be the biggest benefits so far!
 
Been working overtime -- finally got a day off tomorrow. Thinking it's time to do another Full Body Workout!!!!
 
Full Body

Giant Sets: ( 1 warm up round & 3 workings Rounds of 10 reps)
Trap Bar Deadlift
Hack Squat
Pull-ups
Push-ups
Overhead Press

NOTES: Great Full body workout. 1.5 scoops seems to be my sweet spot.
 
In for this!
 
Staying around 8-10 reps per set.

10-12 sets on Chest & Back
8-10 on most everything else

I believe in time under tension. Little to no cheating/momentum. Full range - with a good eccentric phase.
 
Gotta throw this in here--- Love all the Marvel Super hero movies...



Invalid Link Removed


July 2017 !!!!!
 
Man, Marvel is going to be releasing SO many good movies in the next few years. I'm looking forward to the ar***** of Dr. Strange.

Hrm for some reason, the forum won't let me type a.r.r.i.va.l without it being censored
 
CrossFit WOD

Strength - 5x3 Back Squat (I did 135/185/225/245/245)

150 Jump Rope (singles)
50 Wall Ball Shots (20#)
400m Run
40 Deadlifts (135#)


NOTES: Tried my first CrossFit workout. RagNOrok is absolutely perfect for these type of workouts!
 
Glad to hear RagNOrok works well for CrossFit. Not exactly a CF fan, but hey, maybe we can start marketing there :D
 
Ahh man I didn't know you were into Crossfit. It will definitely shine there. The Cordyceps is definitely a plus where it comes to endurance as well. Cordygen VO2 Ultra is another product that is very popular with Crossfit athletes.
 
That was my first CrossFit workout. I needed a big change, have been losing motivation to train over the past few months. Was looking for a new challenge. I'm thinking of doing CrossFit once or twice a week.

Thursday will be my next WOD. :)
 
Good stuff man! You will definitely find plenty of motivation at a Crossfit box. I enjoy their powerlifting sessions they have as well. I've been meaning to visit a couple new ones here in NY, I have a friend I used to train with who just became a powerlifting coach at one. Fun places to train, great setups, and motivated / knowledgeable individuals.
 
CrossFit WOD

Strength - 6x2 Back Squat (135/185/205/225/245/275)

12 min AMRAP (As many reps/rounds as possible)

15 push ups
10 Knees to Elbow
30 Air Squats
10 Knees to Elbow



NOTES: Time for a Final Review!!! I'll post it up this weekend!!!!
 
Review is up -

Invalid Link Removed





Rating is tough --- Might give it 3.5 but more positives than negatives so I rounded up.

(My sweet spot for RagNOrok was 1.5 scoops)

Taste --- The fruit punch was very tropical, think pina coloda, but very refreshing and a welcome change from other fruit punch supplements.

PROS - The endurance was above & beyond any pre that I've tried before. I loved it on full body & CrossFit workouts. Was also nice before cardio. This is where the product really shines. Found myself pushing harder for more reps & sets than normal.

Focus was also good, not great, but good during most workouts.

Smooth energy & No crash like some pre's that I've tried in the past.

CONS - I never got that burst or rush of energy that I sometimes enjoy before a workout. (But the lack of crash is a fair trade IMO)

Never really got or noticed any incresed "pump" from the product.

Overall I enjoyed RagNOrok & would recommend it.
 
BONUS WORKOUT :D

CrossFit WOD

Three 5 minute Rounds (1 min rest between rounds)
Each movement done for 1 min
Score = Total reps for 3 rounds

Wallballs (20#)
Sumo Deadlift High Pull (75#)
Box Jump (20")
Push Press (75#)
Row for Calories

My score = 198 reps
 
Back
Top