Forskolin: I don't like it

toddmuelheim

toddmuelheim

Awards
  • Established
Has anyone noticed any really significant effects from forskolin? I've tried multi bottle runs multiple times and never have noticed anything. I'm not talking about any studies done, but actual firsthand experience. Like, EC stack effects are very pronounced to me. Forskolin, I see nada. Thank you.

puccah8808

puccah8808

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I didn't see or feel anything.

max d

Awards
  • Established
I took it for 12 weeks while cutting and can't say I noticed any extra benefit. I'm not a big supplement guy though besides creatine, and been playing with PA,... Unless I run a real cycle. I think the majority of supplements are not worth the price. Yes some may be somewhat beneficial but not worth $20-$50 a bottle. Just my 2 cents.

HIT4ME

HIT4ME

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I notice very slight results normally. I took 200 mg as 1000 mg of 20% extract with 7-keto dhea and the effects were rather obvious .....like 20 pounds lost in 2 months with no other changes.

snu22

snu22

Awards
I've run calorie deficits with and without forskolin and at various doses between 50 and 100mg/day. I always have visibly better body composition during and after the runs with forskolin than without. I also get a reliable increase in aggression when running forksolin which is nice as I get deeper into a deficit and energy/motivation are at a premium.

That's just my personal anecdote though, and as we all know everyone responds differently to different things. Creatine for example, while undoubtedly one of the most studied and widely effective supplements does absolutely nothing for me. I've spents months on, months off, months on again looking for something to like about creatine and it has just never been there for me.

johnnyp

johnnyp

Awards
  • Established
I notice better pumps and a lot of dumps from it.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Have used it many times and can't say I notice much at all.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
It's a fcuking placebo of course it doesn't work.

kdubson14

Awards
  • Established
I take 150mg by PES or Komodo per day whenever I'm cutting. It's cheap enough for me that I don't mind if it doesn't do a lot

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
I take 150mg by PES or Komodo per day whenever I'm cutting. It's cheap enough for me that I don't mind if it doesn't do a lot
Lmao! WTF????

It would be much cheaper to dose caps of sand!

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I do lean out and I like the fact that it lowers my blood pressure.

Piledahlaren

Piledahlaren

Awards
  • Established
the only forskolin product I have seen results from is Carbolin19 from BioTest

vujade

vujade

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive run Forskolin 95 and 100 and 150mg per day for up to 12 weeks and never noticed much from
it, and i was in calorie deficit, and never seemed to do much more then diet and exercise did for me.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think it's one of those things people convince themselves that it works because the research and studies look good.

Warthog13

Awards
There's a line in the movie 'Nacho Libre' where the monk tells Ignacio "Do you not realize I've had diarrhea since Easters!"

That's my main takeaway from running Forsokolin. Can't really say I've had any other effects.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It seems to be more for preventing fat gain/muscle loss as opposed to be an actual fat burner or muscle builder. For me at 100mg daily (which is pricey, and may give you GI issues), it provides favorable body comp results, but nothing "spectacular". It IS a natty supplement after all....

jalfrey

jalfrey

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I think I'm going to echo most people here. I've run F10 and F95 at doses that aimed for 25-50mg of Forskolin twice a day and didn't notice anything body comp-wise that diet wouldn't take care of. No gasto-intestinal effects either...not even a shart for my efforts.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
It seems to be more for preventing fat gain/muscle loss as opposed to be an actual fat burner or muscle builder. For me at 100mg daily (which is pricey, and may give you GI issues), it provides favorable body comp results, but nothing "spectacular". It IS a natty supplement after all....
This. I have seen favorable results using Forskolin in regards to body composition. But its not a miracle ingredient, its a natural product. I feel like some people expect to see insane anabolic-like results after reading some of the studies done. Natural products will never yeild game changing results, but every little bit helps.

I definitely notice that forskolin helps to keep me lean during a lean bulk or recomp, and I only have GI issues when taking >75mg per day. I always like to include it in my stack

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't think it is that pricey if you find a good source. Also I already feel how my blood pressure lowers within 30 minutes. And forskoline is not supposed to be working in a very expressive manner. It is not a stimulant or beta alanine. I don't think that the reviews, studies, etc are all made up.

However, I could care less if people are convinced by it or not. For me it is definitely one of the keepers and I get decent results at 100mg. But as you say, it is a natural supp, so that should be taken into account.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
However, I could care less if people are convinced by it or not. For me it is definitely one of the keepers and I get decent results at 100mg. But as you say, it is a natural supp, so that should be taken into account.
This is pretty much my motto. When I try something and like it and felt it work, I don't really care what anyone on these forums tells me about the supplement in question. It's sort of laughable how angry some people get when people say "it worked for me" and it didn't work for them (or they've never even tried it). My training, diet and all are pretty consistent and I don't really expect mindblowing results out of natty stuff to begin with, but small changes are noticeable.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Yeah I was going to say I never saw real fat loss results with Forskolin, but I'm wondering if it has potential for maintaining muscle. Also isn't it supposed to good for test levels? Overall I'm still not sold though.
A third human trial demonstrating body recomposition effects from forskolin? Yes please.

This time, it was done in totally normal, fairly young volunteers.

Two things to note:

This was 8 weeks at my favorite dose of 100mg.

Secondly, due to the 10% extract, 1/5 of the participants had to drop out due to GI issues.

In 8 weeks, subjects lost an extra >4 lbs of pure fat mass over baseline and 0.9 lbs LBM. Since they were not weight training, weight loss that is 80% fat mass in NORMAL volunteers is extremely impressive and likely actually indicative of a muscle-sparing effect (demonstrated in other studies).

Moral of the story:

Forskolin is good. 50mg is the lowest proven dose; 100mg, my favorite dose, is now backed by science.

Get a high quality, high % extract. It will limit GI issues while maximizing active constituents for fat loss and such.

A Coleus forskohlii extract improves body composition in healthy volunteers: An open-label trial
So yeah....I know people hate quoting the study, but from anecdotal experience, I was pretty resistant to gaining fat on a sloppy surplus awhile back. So it seems more for body comp as opposed to fat burning, etc, which is why I will continue to use it when I'm dieting.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
The real question is there's anything natty that can give you visible results on the cut,not placebo...
Probably not. I've come to terms with this back when I was fat burner crazy while cutting, realizing I could just drop down with a better diet/training plan. Fat burners are mostly energy boosters/mood enhancers/appetite suppressants to me in my opinion now.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Another issue is people take a million supplements when dieting so there's no way to pin point what may be helping and what's useless.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Another issue is people take a million supplements when dieting so there's no way to pin point what may be helping and what's useless.
Yeah. Most of these logs of supplements have 4-5 things stacked together.... :/

Alex281

Alex281

Awards
  • Established
Probably not. I've come to terms with this back when I was fat burner crazy while cutting, realizing I could just drop down with a better diet/training plan. Fat burners are mostly energy boosters/mood enhancers/appetite suppressants to me in my opinion now.
It's funny,how people attribute their weight loss results to high-stim fat burners,like its weight loss panacea

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
It's funny,how people attribute their weight loss results to high-stim fat burners,like its weight loss panacea
Probably the most annoying kinds of logs are where people are using a supplement that is commonly debated/controversial (like ecdysterone, laxogenin) then decide to stack it with 1-2 anabolics, 1-2 recovery supplements, then try to put the claims down.

Captn_the

Captn_the

Banned
Awards
The real question is there's anything natty that can give you visible results on the cut,not placebo...
Caffeine. Or most stimulants. Bcaas. Vitamin C. Fish oil, mct oil definitely.

Most of these herb extracts like tribulus are total and utter bullsh1t.

Chefdeez

Chefdeez

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Evomuse Abliderate Advanced. Dramatic leaning out in 5-7 days then a slow but steady leaning effect. I'm not joking it works that fast and I'm not one to go crazy for any product.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Evomuse Abliderate Advanced. Dramatic leaning out in 5-7 days then a slow but steady leaning effect. I'm not joking it works that fast and I'm not one to go crazy for any product.
Absolutely Abliderated is even better.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well, I have taken TA, Bulbine, Ecdysterone, Forskolin, Pine Pollen, etc. on its own. And for TA, Bulbine, I got bloodwork. I'm not exactly inexperienced and I, for instance, do respond to high doses of Ecdysterone. Obviously, cheap extracts at low doses have not really an effect. Obviously, cheap TA has no effect, etc.

For me, they are keepers (except Bulbine, hard to find decent quality) and I cycle them regularly.

Btw I know people that look sh1te on tren, just saying.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Well, I have taken TA, Bulbine, Ecdysterone, Forskolin, Pine Pollen, etc. on its own. And for TA, Bulbine, I got bloodwork. I'm not exactly inexperienced and I, for instance, do respond to high doses of Ecdysterone. Obviously, cheap extracts at low doses have not really an effect. Obviously, cheap TA has no effect, etc.

For me, they are keepers (except Bulbine, hard to find decent quality) and I cycle them regularly.

Btw I know people that look sh1te on tren, just saying.
Can you PM me your source of ecdysterone? Those ingredients seem to be readily available at a current source I know, and I'm curious to see if you like their ecdysterone powder. (well, if it IS them)

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Can you PM me your source of ecdysterone? Those ingredients seem to be readily available at a current source I know, and I'm curious to see if you like their ecdysterone powder. (well, if it IS them)
For me even cheap Cyanotis Vaga 95% at high doses, say >2g spread evenly and taken shortly before a high protein meal, works decently. I'm not sure why PM, but Tonvara's Turkesterone is also decent, but you have to up the dose. So it becomes pretty expensive. I live in Europe and get it directly from Eastern Europe, using Leuzea /Maral root as a source.

john.patterson

john.patterson

Awards
  • Established
I think topicals can help with visible results (Evomuse Eviscerate, Napalm, etc.).

Most thermogenics can help a lot with energy and appetite suppression - which can increase calorie output and help lower calorie intake. As a result of these factors there is an increase in calorie deficit, which is the foundation of fat loss. While thermogenics and fat burners are exactly supplements to help you visibly change, they make it far easier to achieve your goals.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
For me even cheap Cyanotis Vaga 95% at high doses, say >2g spread evenly and taken shortly before a high protein meal, works decently. I'm not sure why PM, but Tonvara's Turkesterone is also decent, but you have to up the dose. So it becomes pretty expensive. I live in Europe and get it directly from Eastern Europe, using Leuzea /Maral root as a source.
I asked for PM because it's against the rules to talk about certain things.

Anyways, since you use CV, it's probably not the company was thinking about. Hmmm.

mbonheur

mbonheur

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I asked for PM because it's against the rules to talk about certain things.

Anyways, since you use CV, it's probably not the company was thinking about. Hmmm.
No, I tried CV in the past and since I can compare it with Turkesterone, Maral (Rhaponticum), I can say that even high doses of cheap CV are doing a good job. At least for me.

I also tried Tonvara, but it is too expensive and now I source Maral root directly.

What would be against the rules? We are not talking about roids or are we only allowed to promote the supps by the companies that are sponsors?

muscleupcrohn

muscleupcrohn

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
While I agree that these stimulant based fat burners aren't magic, and obviously can't replace proper diet and training, they can certainly help and be of assistance during a cut by providing some energy, appetite suppression, and mood elevation. Even ignoring that some of these ingredients can directly help with fat loss (although not in drastic ways, of course), just those factors alone can make sticking to a diet/cut much more enjoyable/manageable, and even potentially be the difference between sticking to it or giving up or ending it early. I agree that these fat burners are not panaceas by any means, and won't lead to significant weight loss just by taking them and doing nothing else, but, with that said, I still think they have value and can be quite useful.

ELROCK

ELROCK

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I am not a fan. Too much GI distress at proper doses so it's just not worth it for me. I would prefer multi-ingredient products to not keep forcing it down our throats lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Just the energy alone in fat burners are worth it imo. When your in a deficit and have limited energy, you need all you can get.

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I am not a fan. Too much GI distress at proper doses so it's just not worth it for me. I would prefer multi-ingredient products to not keep forcing it down our throats lol
It seems like its in everything lol

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I think the most effective combo you'd be into would probably be Caffeine+Yohimbine then. Pretty cheap/effective for what it does.
Ive done it for years. I prefer eca much much better. Strentgh is alot better. Yohimbine i like for cardio days, fasted. Even throw it in with eca. But when i train on yohimbine its a crap shoot for me. Sometimes i get chills or nauseous.

ma70

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Ive done it for years. I prefer eca much much better. Strentgh is alot better. Yohimbine i like for cardio days, fasted. Even throw it in with eca. But when i train on yohimbine its a crap shoot for me. Sometimes i get chills or nauseous.
Oh yeah, EC is always better but some people don't have access/don't want to try ephedrine.