Formestane or 6-bromo to lower E2?

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Hi!

I have been taking Dutasteride for hair loss and I have NO side effects whatsoever, however my Estradiol (E2) is pretty high 57 (range <39.8), I assume due to Dutasteride as I have not been cycling anything due to covid. Since both Formestane and 6-bromo are legal in some European countries, I wanted to ask if they would be good to lower my Estradiol? Which one would you recommend? Formestane seems to be safer for hair as it inhibits conversion to DHT also.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Hi!

I have been taking Dutasteride for hair loss and I have NO side effects whatsoever, however my Estradiol (E2) is pretty high 57 (range <39.8), I assume due to Dutasteride as I have not been cycling anything due to covid. Since both Formestane and 6-bromo are legal in some European countries, I wanted to ask if they would be good to lower my Estradiol? Which one would you recommend? Formestane seems to be safer for hair as it inhibits conversion to DHT also.
TD Formestane was one of my favorite AIs.
... Although, if I remember correctly, Nos made some pretty good TD 6-Bromo back in the day.

I don't really have an opinion on the orals, as I stuck exclusively with TDs for these types of items, after the first time I used one.

CasperKValentine

CasperKValentine

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Yes TD Formestane is great. Don't know if it's still out there. I loved the Black Lion Formeron and used to run it solo back in the day. You could just say f the Dutasteride and shave the head brother! :)

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Yes TD Formestane is great. Don't know if it's still out there. I loved the Black Lion Formeron and used to run it solo back in the day. You could just say f the Dutasteride and shave the head brother! :)
Nah, I would really like to keep my hair! :) I am looking at Brawn Formestane pills.

Content in 1 portion (1 capsule) incl .:
Formestane (4-Hydroxyandrostedione) 50mg

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I believe form oral bioavailability is crap so any worth taking would be td. I used oral 6bromo and it worked for me. I miss the stuff.

If you search for "anabolic xtreme hyperdrol" prob find old logs and info on it

Last edited:

UNX

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sadly, TD formestane is impossible to find. Are you on TRT? Both formestane and 6-bromo have androgenic metabolites, but I don't know if they can impact the HTPA axis. You could try Virtus, which is very effective at low doses.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I have not used Formestane myself, but have seen many times people say it's not worth it orally, like stated above. But if looking to go otc then Virtus, Letrone and Inhibit E are the strongest based on user feedback in that category. I like Virtus myself.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Sadly, TD formestane is impossible to find. Are you on TRT? Both formestane and 6-bromo have androgenic metabolites, but I don't know if they can impact the HTPA axis. You could try Virtus, which is very effective at low doses.
I am going to log oral Formestane and see what results I get (with blood work), I currently dont work out as Covid is running rampant in my country and gyms are pretty much closed, so it will be only Formestane + Dutasteride. I am not on TRT.

I have not used Formestane myself, but have seen many times people say it's not worth it orally, like stated above. But if looking to go otc then Virtus, Letrone and Inhibit E are the strongest based on user feedback in that category. I like Virtus myself.
I will try virtus if formestane does not work, thanks!

mawalega

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
I am going to log oral Formestane and see what results I get (with blood work), I currently dont work out as Covid is running rampant in my country and gyms are pretty much closed, so it will be only Formestane + Dutasteride. I am not on TRT.

I know td form was considered anabolic in higher doses so looking forward to the results.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote

that brawn oral is 50mg per pill, lol....better get some virtus now. i remember using 200mg transdermal formestane and transdermal formestane is easily twice as potent as oral---this translates to 400mg oral=8 brawn pills!!!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Used 6 bromo. To me it feels like it has some mild anabolic and androgenic activity. It definitely is a pro hormone.

But i dont think its enough to shut you down to any significant degree.

As far as dutasteride...it wont have any negative effect on muscle gain. In fact your test and estro are probably a tad higher then if you werent using it which are both anabolic while dht is not.

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Update:
Currently taking Formestane pills 100mg a day for 3 weeks or so now, recommended dosage is 150-200mg. Since I dont have any high E2 symptoms and I am not cycling anything I did not take the full dosage.

My Estradiol has gone down by 10 points in 3 weeks, nothing else changed.

Reactions: UNX
thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Update:
Currently taking Formestane pills 100mg a day for 3 weeks or so now, recommended dosage is 150-200mg. Since I dont have any high E2 symptoms and I am not cycling anything I did not take the full dosage.

My Estradiol has gone down by 10 points in 3 weeks, nothing else changed.
what was the cause of high estradiol to start with?

johnny412

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I believe form oral bioavailability is crap so any worth taking would be td. I used oral 6bromo and it worked for me. I miss the stuff.

If you search for "anabolic xtreme hyperdrol" prob find old logs and info on it
i got a bottle of brawn 6 bromo last year but havent used it yet...

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
too bad that Arimahex is sold out at APEX... its a 6 OXO product that replaces 6bromo.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
too bad that Arimahex is sold out at APEX... its a 6 OXO product that replaces 6bromo.
I read about Arimahex's properties some time ago and seemed inteteresting especially the increasing DHT part. But can you expand on the 6-oxo / 6-bromo relation a bit? Does 6-oxo convert to 6-bromo or vice versa or what's the relation between them?

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
one of the main differences is that 6 bromo was a competitive inhibitor and the 6-oxo is a suicide inhibitor of the aromatase enzyme.

Androst-4-ene-3,6,17-trione = 6 oxo

6-Bromo Androstane-3,17 Dione = 6 bromo

I do not believe these are ph unto each other. they will not convert to one another.

6 oxo is not quite as strong as 6 bromo, but each has their own properties as well.

maybe nos will have some more input but thats what i got for ya.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
one of the main differences is that 6 bromo was a competitive inhibitor and the 6-oxo is a suicide inhibitor of the aromatase enzyme.

Androst-4-ene-3,6,17-trione = 6 oxo

6-Bromo Androstane-3,17 Dione = 6 bromo

I do not believe these are ph unto each other. they will not convert to one another.

6 oxo is not quite as strong as 6 bromo, but each has their own properties as well.

maybe nos will have some more input but thats what i got for ya.
I allways thought 6-bromo is a suicide inhibitor too, but since you said it's not I did some Googling and you are right. Thinking it's a suicide inhibitor was the main reason I just bought it, lol (still available in Europe). But that's a great thing this came to my attention. Thanks

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
The only thing I'll say about 6-bromo is that we wasted a lot of money back in the old days testing raw materials and never found a 6-bromo that tested out high enough that we would use it. Any company that offers this really needs to test their raws.

Regardless, I'd take Formestane over 6-Bromo any day personally.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
The only thing I'll say about 6-bromo is that we wasted a lot of money back in the old days testing raw materials and never found a 6-bromo that tested out high enough that we would use it. Any company that offers this really needs to test their raws.

Regardless, I'd take Formestane over 6-Bromo any day personally.
I remember something like this too.. Would your statement for Formestane vs 6-bromo hold for oral versions for both? I think Formestane's oral bioavailability is pretty low.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
i ran 6bromo once .. and really felt that i was on a low dose x-tren ..forgot what brand what it was

ever since ive been saying 6bromo shouldnt be used in PCT ..i felt it was way too strong

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
i ran 6bromo once .. and really felt that i was on a low dose x-tren ..forgot what brand what it was

ever since ive been saying 6bromo shouldnt be used in PCT ..i felt it was way too strong
you probably had ADT instead.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I remember something like this too.. Would your statement for Formestane vs 6-bromo hold for oral versions for both? I think Formestane's oral bioavailability is pretty low.
There is an issue about 6-Bromo that I don't really want to go into bc I don't want to come off as disparaging. It's not just that the purity wasn't high enough; its what the other % of the material was. I'll put it like this - I wouldn't take 6-Bromo if someone gave it to me and it was the last anti estrogen available.

The oral bioavailability of Formestane is very low. It is only useful in a Transdermal form. BUT again, at least back when we worked with it, there were a lot of raw material quality issues with it. We factored into our cost independently testing every single batch and pulling samples from each respective kg. of that batch.

For me now, if I was using an over the counter anti-estrogen, it would be Inhibit-E.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

I'm not going to post it publicly but I'll tell you sometimes privately what you probably got.

you probably had ADT instead.
I doubt it would've been ATD bc that had a very distinct feel to it.

There was a very particular ph that a lot of 6Bromo raws contained and what's he's saying would be consistent with that.

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
There is an issue about 6-Bromo that I don't really want to go into bc I don't want to come off as disparaging. It's not just that the purity wasn't high enough; its what the other % of the material was. I'll put it like this - I wouldn't take 6-Bromo if someone gave it to me and it was the last anti estrogen available.

The oral bioavailability of Formestane is very low. It is only useful in a Transdermal form. BUT again, at least back when we worked with it, there were a lot of raw material quality issues with it. We factored into our cost independently testing every single batch and pulling samples from each respective kg. of that batch.

For me now, if I was using an over the counter anti-estrogen, it would be Inhibit-E.
Ok. I understand.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
There was a very particular ph that a lot of 6Bromo raws contained and what's he's saying would be consistent with that.
just wonder how many of these types of raws break down and turn into other things similar to epistane. PM me the deets plz.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer