Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Anyone ever use one of these or anything like it ??

Forearm.jpg

match

match

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
Seems like you could just curl your wrist with a dumbbell to achieve the same effect.

rodefeeh

rodefeeh

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I really like just hanging from a chin-up bar. I think I found the exercise/rep scheme on here somewhere. I was doing like 20 seconds on, 10 off for 4 minutes. I could be wrong. Forearms were on 🔥. Someone told me to strengthen my forearms/grip to help prevent tendinitis in my elbows.

Or reverse curls, zottman curls, pinwheel curls, hammer curls, chin ups all work forearms good. I wouldn't spend money on a forearm tool.

DarkHelix

DarkHelix

Awards
That thing reminded me of those chest pull things in the '80s. They work...to a degree but nothing like using real weights.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Seems like you could just curl your wrist with a dumbbell to achieve the same effect.
I was thinking it might be more of a consistent tension ???

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Anyone ever use one of these or anything like it ??

View attachment 225469
I don't but I'm sure it works if the resistance is enough,

Ive been working on my grip a lot lately and I'm not make a ton of grip strength progress but my forearm development is getting really good in my opinion

IMG_20221124_204424837~2.jpg

hammer curls, reverse barbell curls, holding the ends of the dumbbells with my finger tips and doing wrist ext and wrist curls and hand grip devices that you squeeze

im mostly hitting the outside of the forearm and I believe the brachialis. The device you put in the picture looks like it will hit the inner side of the forearm like barbell or dumbbell wrist curls

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Forearms are looking good!

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I haven't really targeted forearms in years, maybe a decade. But when I owned a gym we occasionally had these workouts that incorporated insane farmers carries. like 2 x's 75lb KB for 400m walks.

if at any point you put that weight down before finishing the walk you were pretty much certain not to be able to pick it back up lol it was best just to finish in tears in one set.

Rocket3015

Rocket3015

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
It goes something like this --- 15 More Feet, OK Only 10 more, 8 more, 7.5 more ........................ Owwwwwwwwwwwww

Dustin07

Dustin07

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
exactly lol. But if you stop for a second you have such an insane forearm pump your grip is gone. I think we had one that was like:

farmers carry
pull-ups
power cleans
x number of rounds

by the end I'm a guy who could knock out 30-40 pull-ups but my grip was so shot it was like 1..2....1...1...1.. switch grip...1... lol

RegisterJr

RegisterJr

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
I had one of those to increase wrist mobility during rehab after a break. It did also build that forearm.