Forearm pain for past week or so!!! (Brachioradialis)

miguel1991

Awards
Hi everyone I recently started back weight lifting almost a 6 weeks ago into a steady routine. I basically had a month or two on/ off phase but have been consistently going for almost 6 weeks now. I Have noticed that the muscle in my forearm, which runs the whole way up outer the side of your forearm, has recently been in a lot of pain for past few days. I believe the muscle is called your Brachioradialis.

the pain is only there when I begin working my arms, specifically doing dumbbell curls. When I lift the dumbbell towards my chest I feel a little bit of pain, but when I lower the db the muscle really hurts....tonight was really sore! but once 5 or ten mins passes the pain goes away. I have also recently been feeling a slight pain in the same location on my right arm but it is fine....no where close to the pain in the left arm. I didn't continue to work my arms.

Have any of you guys had similar pain in the same area??? or any ideas on what might be causing this??? maybe just let it rest im not sure???

Thanks for any feedback would be greatly appreciated!!!!!!!!! :)

Swolljaboi

Awards
I get that pain mostly when doing ez bar curls not so much with dumbbells. Only way I could ease the pain was to use lighter weights for a while until the pain was gone. Then I can lift normally again. I have also noticed when I'm dried out, whether on cycle or using AIs, the pain tends to come back or worsen.

panina

Awards
I had the same happening to me, my forearm was hurting when doing rows and curls. I stopped these exercises for some time and took painkillers.

Started again after a while with lighter weights.

kolejorg

Awards
It's like shin splints. It will go away. Basically your muscles are out pacing your tendons. Release the bar slowly and it won't be as painful when you let go. They're a bitch and will come and go as you keep lifting.