Unanswered For Those Who Want Purely Hypertrophy, What Is the Best Routine?

U

ucimigrate

Awards
  • Established
For those who want to purely build muscle mass, not strength or endurance, what are the best workouts?

B-Pak's Hypertrophy Max claims to be the best one. But, my guess is that there are others.

Any opinions, actually backed by research and data?

EMPIREMIND

EMPIREMIND

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
There’s more than one way to reach your goal. There’s no answer to this because some people respond better to certain training methods than others. One thing is for certain, you need progressive overload. I have personally done really well with mountain dog training because there is a lot of volume and intensity, but you may get more from less, and something like HIT training will be better for you. Hate to say it, but you will need to experiment for yourself and learn your body. I’m sure bpaks program is solid, but as far as being the best, who knows!

Last edited:
Darkheart

Darkheart

Awards
Something you could try are the DTP programs that Kris Gethin does. Crazy ladders. One leg day was simply leg press ladders of 50,40,30,20,10,5,5,10,20,30,40,50 reps. So, yeah, you get crazy hypertrophy plus heavy weight for the sets of 5 and 10. There's actually a free app for it too.