for those on TRT...

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Just curious what everyone's starting test/estro levels were like BEFORE you qualified for TRT?

I made an appt. for an endo next week, after getting my labs back...I'm 33.
Free Test- 6.28 (with % free- 1.38)
Total Test- 455
Estro- 11.4

I dont have insurance, so Ill be self pay, if that makes any difference on qualifying (seems like ive read that most insurance companies are sticklers on deciding who qualifies and who doesn't).

I know that TRT is a lifelong commitment, but my levels have been low for a few years...Just the depression/anxiety and NO energy alone makes me think that if i do qualify for TRT, it will be for the better.

Davidelsons

Awards
Your total test levels were higher than mine when I started ..I don't know what my other levels were...
Im 45..
My total test was around 285 to 300....

And initially my primary doctor told me I was fine and didn't need anything......

Trt has been a life-changing benefit for me.
I had same symptoms as you but you're quite a bit younger...

I don't think your doctor is going to put you on TRT... There going to treat the number not patient....

Spend time reading the postings on the over 35 forum..

If they won't prescribe you anything you can always get some online and see if if it makes you feel better...

My doctor's starting dosage was ridiculous low.... 50mg every 14 days...

I quickly increased my dosage and now get my test online...

For me I did not notice any clinical strength increase in the fym until I increased my dosage to 300 mg or more a week...

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Your total test levels were higher than mine when I started ..I don't know what my other levels were...
Im 45..
My total test was around 285 to 300....

And initially my primary doctor told me I was fine and didn't need anything......

Trt has been a life-changing benefit for me.
I had same symptoms as you but you're quite a bit younger...

I don't think your doctor is going to put you on TRT... There going to treat the number not patient....

Spend time reading the postings on the over 35 forum..

If they won't prescribe you anything you can always get some online and see if if it makes you feel better...

My doctor's starting dosage was ridiculous low.... 50mg every 14 days...

I quickly increased my dosage and now get my test online...

For me I did not notice any clinical strength increase in the fym until I increased my dosage to 300 mg or more a week...
Yeah not sure if he will start me on anything. My main concern is why my total test is fairly decent though still on the low range of 455 but my free test is so low...as well as estrogen so low, barely in range.

Isnt free test the testosterone that you actually use/can use?
On all the testosterone charts i have found online, looks like i have the test levels of a 75yr old man!?!

Just a guess, but if they put me on anything it will be something like androgel or patches...Ive been reading very mixed reviews on androgel. Some say its not worth the hassle and barely does anything besides jack up your estrogen.

Also, since i have low estrogen (11), I'm wondering if that has anything to do with when i ran Novadex XT (the original version with ATD)...since its a suicidal inhibitor and 'permanently' binds to the aromatase enzyme...could that be why my estro is low? It was at least 7-8yrs ago when i ran it during a PCT...

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
A lot of clinics will prescribe test even with normal t levels, if you tell them you have low sex drive and low energy.
I went to one, my T was like 650 but the doc said "numbers don't mean much, it's how you feel". And offered to put me on TRT/HCG/HGH. It was crazy expensive though, like $3,500 a year. Did some research, and now I get it for about $50 a year. ;)

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
A lot of clinics will prescribe test even with normal t levels, if you tell them you have low sex drive and low energy.
I went to one, my T was like 650 but the doc said "numbers don't mean much, it's how you feel". And offered to put me on TRT/HCG/HGH. It was crazy expensive though, like $3,500 a year. Did some research, and now I get it for about $50 a year. ;)
Thanks.
do you remember what exactly you googled to find a clinic? Seems like all i have found were actual endo's and not clinics of any kind. Or if anything, they are just places that will try to sell you herbal supplements for test. Im in the Austin TX area.

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Google "Austin TX male clinic".....there are many there.

All you need is 100mg a week of pharm grade cyp. That's what I take and my Total T is right at 1,000. One vial lasts about 5 months.

JoePaul39

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks.
do you remember what exactly you googled to find a clinic? Seems like all i have found were actual endo's and not clinics of any kind. Or if anything, they are just places that will try to sell you herbal supplements for test. Im in the Austin TX area.
You should look into Entourage Medical. They are a board sponsor that does telemedicine and mails the test to the patients. I think prices are about only $125 a month or so for like 200 mg a week of test.

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Was the $3500 clinic costs with insurance or where you doing self pay?

RickyBlobby

RickyBlobby

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Self pay

Kratom267

Kratom267

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Also, anyone on TRT have osteoporosis issues?

About 7yrs ago (not sure what test was being done at the time), a doctor discovered that i have osteopenia...I was referred to an endo who ran a slew of tests but they found no actual cause. After I did some research, I saw that osteoporosis in men under 60 is extremely rare and the usual cause is low test...so i mentioned this to the endo at the time and they kept saying that my testosterone, while low, was still "in range" and not the cause...though again they found no cause for my osteo issue.
They put me on an injectable med (cant recall the name now), but after my insurance company dropped me, it was costing me over $1000 a month! Needless to say, i haven't been on it in a few years.
I haven't had any bone breaks, and physically feel fine (besides fatigue and no energy), but the osteo issue is always in the back of my mind.

I'm wondering if anyone on here that started TRT, had any osteo issues beforehand? And if so, did TRT help to strengthen bones?

I have an appointment with a new endo this week. As well as an appointment for a TRT clinic the day after...
Im guessing the endo wont prescribe me test, but hopefully she will look a bit deeper in to my osteo issue.
But the clinic on the other hand, just a guess, but im sure they will prescribe me some test...

I know that there are very few (if any) actual doctors on this forum, but wanted to get some opinions on if going the TRT route sounds like a good option? Not only for my low test, but also for osteopenia...

Free Test- 6.28 (with % free- 1.38)
Total Test- 455
Estro- 11.4

Burnfire

Burnfire

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Google "Austin TX male clinic".....there are many there.

All you need is 100mg a week of pharm grade cyp. That's what I take and my Total T is right at 1,000. One vial lasts about 5 months.
Do you use subq or IM? Do you run hcg with your test?