Unanswered FOR MY LADIES OR DUDES WHO KNOW THEIR ****

deadliftqueen

deadliftqueen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Probably a very dumb question due to myself already partially knowing the answer. Everyone’s body is different and macros help determine my question too. Any advice on keeping a little bit lean especially on the stomach area while growing your glutes. I’m not into all these instafit accounts advice because most of it is terrible advice or editing so anyone have any tips or advice? Eating in a surplus and lifting heavy I understand but any specifics or tips for faster growth? Anything helps thank you!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Prioritize protein itself over carbs/fats. Eat more protein than you usually do. The body does not like to utilize protein as an energy source. Eat more protein than usual, and you may find that you will naturally consume less carb/fat, but you will be able to build muscle and remain lean. One can build even when they are not in an energy surplus, if their protein is high enough.

Marcia

Marcia

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Probably a very dumb question due to myself already partially knowing the answer. Everyone’s body is different and macros help determine my question too. Any advice on keeping a little bit lean especially on the stomach area while growing your glutes. I’m not into all these instafit accounts advice because most of it is terrible advice or editing so anyone have any tips or advice? Eating in a surplus and lifting heavy I understand but any specifics or tips for faster growth? Anything helps thank you!
What Valiant said and also hit glutes multiple times per week. I do quads on Mondays, hammies on Wednesdays and Glutes on Fridays but I do something to hit glutes on Mon and Wed. They can be trained frequently.

love2liftkat

love2liftkat

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I agree with both of them...the carbs will obviously give you the fuller look which is great when you’re looking at your muscles but I know for me- bloat my stomach easily as well! For the Glutes - they’re like abs - you can train them several times a week even just a couple of sets at the end of a workout. Squats and Deads are great foundation exercises for them but isolating them on other days will continue to encourage each muscle to grow.

Sheriff Morri

Sheriff Morri

Awards
  • Established
I’m currently trying to balance endurance training (marathons) with keeping and ideally building muscle. This info is bang on for me as I want to shift some fat yet build muscle and have energy to run also. Thanks everyone.