Food weighing methods.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I have always weighed out the meat i eat raw cuz the nutrition facts always say raw on the label..lately ive bern getting really tired of cooking everything seperately so i wanna start cooking in bulk.. I just dont think its accurate enough to weigh food after its cooked because of the weight that is lost from water and fat. Whats the best way to approach this

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
what i do is usually eat the whole portion of meat, ie: the whole pack of chicken, a whole 1lb container of ground round, etc..

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
what i do is usually eat the whole portion of meat, ie: the whole pack of chicken, a whole 1lb container of ground round, etc..
Im loooking to cook enough meat for the entire week though

Frank Reynolds

Frank Reynolds

Board Supporter
Awards
  • Established
Can weigh it raw or cooked, doesn't matter. It is just the values are different. So use the correct ones. Consistency is really what is important. If you count 7oz of cooked chicken as 50g of protein, always count it as that.

02sixxer

02sixxer

Awards
myfitnesspal has cooked and raw values

i cook for the entire week at once except veggies

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
or weigh a portion, then cook it and re weigh....see what the difference is and make note of it

Big Ry

Awards
OP, I wouldn't worry about it. Its not going to be that huge of a difference. And worst case, you get a little extra protein. I cook my meals for the week too. I just buy 5-6 lbs of chicken from Sam's club, cook it all up, and measure out 1 cup of the cooked, diced breasts for each meal.

machorox123

machorox123

Awards
  • Established
I know im being anal but like frank said i just wanna stay consistent. Still wanna find the most accurate info cuz ive used google and myfitnesspal and theres always different numbers.