Food Prep

Iceman72

Iceman72

Awards
What have you guys found to be the best way to prep/store larger quantities of food (ex: pounds of rice or chicken) for the week?? Getting really tired of spending my whole day cooking here lol.

I spend a good 3 hours a day (broken up obviously) cooking food for about 6 meals... Really just looking for a few pointers or some experience as to how you guys prepare or store food week by week.

Thanks!

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Lock tight tupper ware......i crock pot alot too, while baking about 40oz chicken breast....twice a week

Iceman72

Iceman72

Awards
I gotcha. Thanks for the reply. I was just trying to look for better ways to do things ya know? Maybe ill try to start up with the crock pot more. That way I can just leave it on while at work and such.

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Lock tight tupper ware......i crock pot alot too, while baking about 40oz chicken breast....twice a week
This and I do big batches of other food I enjoy that ill eat all week like low carb/sodium turkey chili, Shepards pie (with ground turkey and no potatos) , maybe ground turkey spaghetti if I'm bulking up with whole grain pasta or shredded zucchini in place of noodle for low carb. It only takes 10 minutes for breakfest to scramble a half dozen eggs and microwave some turkey bacon , Greek yogurt and juice. I like a fresh dinner every night and my in between meals are usually shakes, fruits, jerky and nuts.

Iceman72

Iceman72

Awards
This and I do big batches of other food I enjoy that ill eat all week like low carb/sodium turkey chili, Shepards pie (with ground turkey and no potatos) , maybe ground turkey spaghetti if I'm bulking up with whole grain pasta or shredded zucchini in place of noodle for low carb. It only takes 10 minutes for breakfest to scramble a half dozen eggs and microwave some turkey bacon , Greek yogurt and juice. I like a fresh dinner every night and my in between meals are usually shakes, fruits, jerky and nuts.
Some of that iis typically similar to what I have been doing as well. I really do enjoy fresh breakfast so that probably will not change much. However, I really am finding it hard to maintain my old prep ways with my new job. I like your idea with the chili and others of that sort. Ill definitely have to incorporate some actual good tasting (yet clean and lean) foods I can make in bulk.. Not just brown rice and grilled chicken lol

hvactech

hvactech

Legend
Awards
Chili in the crock pot, 40 oz chicken in the oven, 40 oz lean ground round on the skillet, a dozen eggs boiling and everything else in between

Iceman72

Iceman72

Awards
Chili in the crock pot, 40 oz chicken in the oven, 40 oz lean ground round on the skillet, a dozen eggs boiling and everything else in between
Then after I eat all that, alI need to do is GROOWWWW

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Do you have a propane BBQ? you can do meat and veggies together and the fire gives everything a nice taste without the need for a bunch of seasonings and sauces. And you can cook in volume.

Iceman72

Iceman72

Awards
Do you have a propane BBQ? you can do meat and veggies together and the fire gives everything a nice taste without the need for a bunch of seasonings and sauces. And you can cook in volume.
Only have charcoal right now :/ normally I'm using the skillet or oven to cook because the charcoal takes so long

67nova

Awards
I found that grilling all meat makes it last way longer then baking.Sucks but the more well done red meat is the longer it lasts(about 4days).I myself grill sat or sun and again wed or thur.

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
I found that grilling all meat makes it last way longer then baking.Sucks but the more well done red meat is the longer it lasts(about 4days).I myself grill sat or sun and again wed or thur.
I usually wake up and throw some chicken or steak on the grill let it cook and flip once while I’m getting ready and I have fresh food every day. BBQ sweet potatoes are fantastic btw.

Iceman72

Iceman72

Awards
Well I just wanna say thanks to everyone. Gave me some new ideas I can use... I need to invest in a propane grill as well lol^

mikeg313

mikeg313

Awards
  • Established
Chicken/veg kabobs are the best reheated. The veggies keep the chicken from drying out to much on the reheat and you get nothing but good stuff on a stick. .......You know you like good stuff on a stick! Don't you , you lil fruitcake?!

McCrew530

McCrew530

Awards
Chicken/veg kabobs are the best reheated. The veggies keep the chicken from drying out to much on the reheat and you get nothing but good stuff on a stick. .......You know you like good stuff on a stick! Don't you , you lil fruitcake?!
MMMM meat stick... wait... what?