Unanswered Focus XT - What Flavors Would You Like to See?

jswain34

jswain34

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I like Cherry Limeade myself and also I love Strawberry Limeade.

Do you like Grape Limeade? That's another I love.

To me, the Rocket Pop tastes just like you melted one of those Bomb Pop/Rocket Pop popsicles.
I would also love strawberry limeade. Im really not a huge fan of grape flavored drinks but grape limeade has my curiosity. I don’t actually know if ive ever tried anything grape limeade flavored.

I can tell you that with 3 scoops of citruline malate it taste exactly like sour gummy worms!
Rocket Pop is currently my favorite flavor. It's like a sweet cherry lemonade. Got a cup of it on my desk right now :D
Definitely gonna have to try it with some cit mal now though!
Awesome. Thanks for the feedback fellas.

stopstalking

stopstalking

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I wish we had the distribution network to be able to do a protein but I don't think that's something that would be profitable for us right now. I hope that we may can in the future; if for no other reason that I want a key lime protein lol.

Key lime pie is my favorite ! That would be amazing

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I can tell you that with 3 scoops of citruline malate it taste exactly like sour gummy worms!
Even makes the pink lemonade taste spot on!
Damn just got some bulk citmal today I’m going to have to try this!

I wish we had the distribution network to be able to do a protein but I don't think that's something that would be profitable for us right now. I hope that we may can in the future; if for no other reason that I want a key lime protein lol.
Also got a bunch of Myprotein samples including their key lime pie flavor. I’ll let you know how it is

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Damn just got some bulk citmal today I’m going to have to try this!

Also got a bunch of Myprotein samples including their key lime pie flavor. I’ll let you know how it is
Cit mal adds a tartness that fits some flavors very well. I add it to pink lemonade and it just adds something extra on the top.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Yeah this was really bad. Started out good but had a very bitter artificial aftertaste. Definitely do not recommend.

TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd like to see a Lemon/Lavender and Honeysuckle/Plum. Had some fancy smancy smoothies in these flavors that I haven't stopped thinking about since. Mainly becausd they were $10/ea but also because they were so fugn good.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Thanks. I'm guessing that is their regular whey and not their Iso? Unfortunately, they have cross contamination warnings on their products and I'm very allergic to gluten. I don't worry about it as much with capsule and some products but I've had some terrible experiences with proteins. I think likely from where something like a cookies and cream goes thru the equipment and then a non gluten flavor does and it gets cross contaminated.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I'd like to see a Lemon/Lavender and Honeysuckle/Plum. Had some fancy smancy smoothies in these flavors that I haven't stopped thinking about since. Mainly becausd they were $10/ea but also because they were so fugn good.
This is creepy (in a funny way) because I literally wrote down the other day to request flavor samples of flavoring system for Lavender and Honey Suckle flavor the other day.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
TheVenom

TheVenom

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This is creepy (in a funny way) because I literally wrote down the other day to request flavor samples of flavoring system for Lavender and Honey Suckle flavor the other day.
Its a sign!

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Its a sign!
I agree haha.

The hard part about a flavor like that is the way the flavoring process works. I'll give some details for those that may not be familiar because most probably aren't. A contract manufacturer that puts the finished products together stocks x amount of flavors. The flavor itself is only a small part of a flavoring system. Each base product tastes different and then you add acids, sweeteners, and other ingredients accordingly to make a flavor profile. So in essence, the same base flavor could be used in product to be sweet and another to be tart if that makes sense. Flavors like this are bought in very large quantities from flavor houses. Flavor houses are the ones that actually create the flavor itself. The problem with specialty flavors like Honey Suckle and Lavender is that most (maybe no) contract manufacturers stock those flavors because it would be so much money tied up in a flavor that isn't likely to ever be all used up. Sometimes you can talk flavor houses into providing a smaller quantity of flavor but most of the time not bc it isn't profitable for them either.

To apply it to an example like this, I'm going to request flavor samples from the flavor house for Lavender and Honey Suckle which they will provide. But even if get it tasting perfect, there is no guarantee they will sell a low enough quantity to be feasible to be able to do a production run of it (bc on a flavor like this no contract manufacturer is going to take a chance on making that a stock flavor.

On some other things, you can get creative. For example, let's say you want a Mango Iced Tea flavor, the cm may not stock Mango Iced Tea but they may stock Mango and stock Iced Tea.

I hope that provides a better understanding of the challenges in flavoring things.

Raw Dog

Raw Dog

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Thanks. I'm guessing that is their regular whey and not their Iso? Unfortunately, they have cross contamination warnings on their products and I'm very allergic to gluten. I don't worry about it as much with capsule and some products but I've had some terrible experiences with proteins. I think likely from where something like a cookies and cream goes thru the equipment and then a non gluten flavor does and it gets cross contaminated.
Yeah it was the regular whey. Not sure if you saw the follow up but the key lime was pretty bad. I have enjoyed smores and strawberry cream so far though. Sucks about the cross contamination warning though, hadn’t considered that

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I’ve never enjoyed any flavours
By my protein always something about that that just off putting

Side note; I do enjoy reading Steve’s posts explaining stuff

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
Side note; I do enjoy reading Steve’s posts explaining stuff
100% agree.

I’m on vacation right now and that was the longest thing I’ve read all week ha. Enjoyed all of the depth there

Par Deus

Par Deus

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
We got an inland hurricane this week in Oklahoma (was just bizarre like nothing ever seen here), so I was without electricity for coffee, and the Candy Corn filled in nicely.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I love the idea of this. Not sure if its possible but I love the idea.
Oh that would be nice raspberry hasn’t been touched in the industry .. must be hard to get it right

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
We got an inland hurricane this week in Oklahoma (was just bizarre like nothing ever seen here), so I was without electricity for coffee, and the Candy Corn filled in nicely.
Sorry to hear that about the weather. That's crazy. We get some that come through here. I hope that you and everyone there are alright. I'm glad that the Candy Corn Focus XT filled in nicely as well.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Oh that would be nice raspberry hasn’t been touched in the industry .. must be hard to get it right
That drink seems to be a raspberry, orange, and passionfruit. I'm going to have to order me a case of the actual drinks to be able to play around with it and see what I think.

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Most raspberry flavour in this industry is like you'd get in a second hand store.
Yup agree and fruit is so delicioussssssssssss

Then again I hate watermelon & grape flavoring too

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol that sounds delicious

GQdaLEGEND

GQdaLEGEND

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Lol that sounds delicious

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
^^^ The flavor samples on these were great. Should be fairly easy to guess what they are based off the flavor symbols haha.

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are any of them off the back of the suggestions given in this thread?

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
When we open the tub will, will smith be inside the tub ready to punch you in the face while saying ‘welcome to earth ‘ ?!?

Asking for a friend
would buy/10.

ID4 is a classic

Although, it could be on us to do the "welcoming" to whatever pops out of the tub... just like Will

_Endure_

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Any of the alien series flavors come from this discussion?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Any of the alien series flavors come from this discussion?
Not really but they are unique and cool flavors and there are a couple more flavors lined up behind them that were inspired by this conversation; plus one that is unique and really good and never to my knowledge been done in a supplement before.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
When we open the tub will, will smith be inside the tub ready to punch you in the face while saying ‘welcome to earth ‘ ?!?

Asking for a friend
That would be awesome haha.

We do plan on doing some fun merchandise like stickers and things like that to go along with this series. It's meant to provide some good unique new flavors and have fun with them.

Billywhite132

Awards
Cinnamon french toast or cinnamon danish
In several different threads now, people have been mentioning wanting to see some different flavors of Focus XT and giving suggestions and I'd been asked to start a central thread on the subject.

I would love to hear your suggestions and if we go with one, you may win yourself a free tub and maybe even a part in the flavor sampling confirmation process.

Also, feel free to ask any questions about Focus XT that you'd like in this thread as well.

One thing to start - we are looking at doing a couple of natural flavors. We are open to suggestions on these; with natural flavors sometimes you're more limited on what flavors you can use, especially to make it taste good.
would be a very good flavour

faipdeooiad

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Cinnamon really wouldn’t work in a product like this. It’s more suited to fruit/sweet flavours. Cinnamon’s best in ‘creamy’ flavours that you’d get in whey.

Billywhite132

Awards
Cinnamon really wouldn’t work in a product like this. It’s more suited to fruit/sweet flavours. Cinnamon’s best in ‘creamy’ flavours that you’d get in whey.
True I guess but there’s probably a way .

Jiigzz

Jiigzz

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • First Up Vote
Oooh those look really good

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Cinnamon danish definetly
It's a good idea but yes, that is more of a protein type flavor because the flavor system itself is meant to go with something thicker, like on the rich and creamy side. I love flavors like this myself and have tried over the years to get some right and almost never works. I do appreciate the suggestions though and would love to hear more.

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
It's a good idea but yes, that is more of a protein type flavor because the flavor system itself is meant to go with something thicker, like on the rich and creamy side. I love flavors like this myself and have tried over the years to get some right and almost never works. I do appreciate the suggestions though and would love to hear more.
Man, that is such a shame... I, for one, would love to have non-fruity options becuase I tend ot get sick of those types of flavors and wish there were more "sweets" types in products outside of just protein. Even sweet coffee falvors would be a nice change of pace.

DEVANS89

DEVANS89

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Should do limited batch seasonal flavours

‘Winter wonderland series’

Cranberry?

Spiced Apple?

Clementine?

Obviously if it made sense from a business perspective

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Should do limited batch seasonal flavours

‘Winter wonderland series’

Cranberry?

Spiced Apple?

Clementine?

Obviously if it made sense from a business perspective
We have thought about doing more limited edition flavors. I like the idea. The only problem with it is that for certain flavors, you have to buy so many kg of flavor system to use that you would never use them up.

I love the idea of a Winter Wonderland Series though.

cubsfan815

cubsfan815

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I still haven't tried Candy Corn, I'm way behind I guess :(

booneman77

booneman77

Legend
Awards
  • First Up Vote