Flu shot

Jolly

Awards
Can I take the flu shot right before starting my first ever PH cycle? Is it recommended?

dave39

dave39

Awards
  • Established
I wouldn't...
Anytime I've got a flu shot I've got sick shortly after.

Don't let the government inject that mind control serum dude! :p

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I'd wait like 3 days if you can

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Introducing new hormones to the body is stressful on it, so it is very plausible going on cycle could exacerbate your flu shot reaction if you start too terribly soon after. If you get one, wait til you feel fully recovered for a few days.

I always go thru a 2-3 day mini sickness so I don't bother getting them anymore. I just gamble against a crappy week. Last few years, I have been winning against those odds lol

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Lol the flu shot is not a live virus , you'll be fine .

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Why are you loling? It is extremely common for people to have a negative "sick" reaction to a flu shot. I challenge you to go to any place of business and not find someone who has had or knows someone who reacts poorly after flu shots. And significantly changing your hormone levels is a very stressful event to the body. Just because that virus isn't live doesn't mean the overall stress of both events couldn't open up OP to greater risks of a different sickness. Lots of guys have gone on in general and get a little sick.

Speaking in absolutes such as "you'll be fine" is risky, brother. That's what the bro at the supp shop told me years ago when I bought my very first bottle of prodienelone and I asked about gyno. Not 48 hours later my chest was going nuts.

ericos_bob

Awards
  • Established
It just depends on the person as to the sides. I had the flu shot and beside a little soreness at the injection site I didn't have any symptoms. The flu shot may not be a virus but it does fool your body into thinking you have the virus and promotes the production of antibodies. This is why some people can experience flu like symptoms. They're actually response symptoms from your immune system. IE. A fever. Usually if there are symptoms they'll be mild as you're not fighting an attacking virus. My concern is it takes approx 2-3 weeks until you've built immunity depending on age. I'm going to assume that building antibodies is somewhat taxing and wouldn't want to compromise my gains on a PH cycle. I'd wait a couple weeks post flu shot before starting a cycle.

nicksox15

nicksox15

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I got the flu shot four years in a row until last year, got flu symptoms within three days each time. Didn't get one last year and didn't have any symptoms all season. No more for this guy

uprightrows

Awards
  • Established
What he's saying 100% correct, and 99% of the time you are better off getting vaccinated than not. Even if you do have some idiosyncratic reaction to the shot it is WAY better for your gains than actually getting the flu. So much anti-vaccine broscience out there, I'm not saying some people don't feel a little down for a day after a flu shot, but most of it is probably psychosomatic. Get the shot, it not only helps you, it helps the young and elderly you might expose to the flu if you inadvertently contract it and spread it to them. Getting inoculated is the responsible thing to do, period. I'm literally typing this as I'm about to pin myself with a flu vaccine (thanks sanofi) in one delt, and pin some trest ace in the other

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
Why are you loling? It is extremely common for people to have a negative "sick" reaction to a flu shot. I challenge you to go to any place of business and not find someone who has had or knows someone who reacts poorly after flu shots. And significantly changing your hormone levels is a very stressful event to the body. Just because that virus isn't live doesn't mean the overall stress of both events couldn't open up OP to greater risks of a different sickness. Lots of guys have gone on in general and get a little sick.

Speaking in absolutes such as "you'll be fine" is risky, brother. That's what the bro at the supp shop told me years ago when I bought my very first bottle of prodienelone and I asked about gyno. Not 48 hours later my chest was going nuts.
I won't down play the fact that the body does have an immune response to an attenuated virus . To say one would get flu symptoms though from something like the flu mist which is the live virus itself would be understandable . Now I'm not here to argue but I honestly have never once heard anyone around the time we actually get flu shots complain after getting the shot the have gotten sick . I recently got my flu shot last week at the hospital in which I will be surrounded by coworkers who have done the same as its mandatory working at the hospital here. I will look out for people who becomes sick or "feel sick" after getting their shots .The only time I have ever heard people complain of being sick from the flu shot are people who are never even in flu season , it may be some random kid in my class who makes a comment like that , but to return to the point of this effecting his cycle I see no reason why it would.

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I won't down play the fact that the body does have an immune response to an attenuated virus . To say one would get flu symptoms though from something like the flu mist which is the live virus itself would be understandable . Now I'm not here to argue but I honestly have never once heard anyone around the time we actually get flu shots complain after getting the shot the have gotten sick . I recently got my flu shot last week at the hospital in which I will be surrounded by coworkers who have done the same as its mandatory working at the hospital here. I will look out for people who becomes sick or "feel sick" after getting their shots .The only time I have ever heard people complain of being sick from the flu shot are people who are never even in flu season , it may be some random kid in my class who makes a comment like that , but to return to the point of this effecting his cycle I see no reason why it would.
I did not say the flu shot is going to make him get the flu - that's just silly. I said the stress of the shot combined with the stress of going on (both of which have always been stressful for me at least, as I mentioned) could open him up to greater susceptibility to other sickness (like a cold).

What I'm saying is OP should get his shot and wait a few days and make sure he's feeling good, then start.

Joedoubledose

Joedoubledose

Awards
I did not say the flu shot is going to make him get the flu - that's just silly. I said the stress of the shot combined with the stress of going on (both of which have always been stressful for me at least, as I mentioned) could open him up to greater susceptibility to other sickness (like a cold).

What I'm saying is OP should get his shot and wait a few days and make sure he's feeling good, then start.
Ahhh okay well that is more understandable . Lol I gotta get out before the " vaccines cause autism" people get here haha

Blergs

Blergs

Awards
  • Established
Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Anabolics 12
Anabolics 5
RecompMan General Chat 48
Anabolics 21
Whacked Supplements 3