Fish Oil's to Assist in absorption of AAS as well as PH's?

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
So I've read quite a few studies about fish oil's and fatty acids helping your body absorb prohormones/designer steroids more as well as AI's and SERMs, I know Aromasin(The AI) has been shown in studies to have a 75% absorption rate after eating a meal high in fat's and fatty acids as opposed to I believe anywhere from 30-50% on an empty stomache...

so I'm wondering what everyone's take is on this, do you think taking Omega3/6/9's maybe 30 minutes before your daily dose of test or any other AAS your using would assist your body in absorption? Maybe a slightly stupid question but I was just thinking about it and had to start a thread, maybe this will help some? you never know..

LeanEngineer

LeanEngineer

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I havent heard of this but I take omega's and fish oil anyways so why not just try and take it 30 minutes before. Can't hurt I guess. haa

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
this is very true. most pro hormones are fat soluble.

Rodja

Rodja

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Where are these studies? Genuinely interested.

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Steroids are fat soluble. Taking fats won't help with injectable compounds, or much with methylated ones.
But could help with something like dhea.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
i'll have to dig around again to find these but heres a little food for thought from pubmed since its not allowing me to share links..
Relationship between fatty acids and the endocrine and neuroendocrine system.

Significant interactions exist between fatty acids and the endocrine system. Dietary fatty acids alter both hormone and neuropeptide concentrations and also their receptors. In addition, hormones affect the metabolism of fatty acids and the fatty acid composition of tissue lipids. The principal hormones involved in lipid metabolism are insulin, glucagon, catecholamines, cortisol and growth hormone. The concentrations of these hormones are altered in chronic degenerative conditions such as diabetes and cardiovascular disease, which in turn leads to alterations in tissue lipids. Lipogenesis and lipolysis, which modulate fatty acid concentrations in plasma and tissues, are under hormonal control. Neuropeptides are also involved in lipid metabolism in brain and other tissues. Polyunsaturated fatty acids are also precursors for eicosanoids including prostaglandins, leucotrienes, and thromboxanes, which have hormone-like activities. Fatty acids in turn affect the endocrine system. Saturated and trans fatty acids decrease insulin concentration leading to insulin resistance. In contrast, polyunsaturated fatty acids increase plasma insulin concentration and decrease insulin resistance. In humans, omega3 polyunsaturated fatty acids alter the levels of opioid peptides in plasma. Free fatty acids have been reported to inhibit glucagon release. Fatty acids also affect receptors for hormones and neuropeptides.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
Here's a study as well related to this...
Inhibition of steroid 5 alpha-reductase by specific aliphatic unsaturated fatty acids.

Human or rat microsomal 5 alpha-reductase activity, as measured by enzymic conversion of testosterone into 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone or by binding of a competitive inhibitor, [3H]17 beta-NN-diethulcarbamoyl-4-methyl-4-aza-5 alpha-androstan-3-one ([3H]4-MA) to the reductase, is inhibited by low concentrations (less than 10 microM) of certain polyunsaturated fatty acids. The relative inhibitory potencies of unsaturated fatty acids are, in decreasing order: gamma-linolenic acid greater than cis-4,7,10,13,16,19-docosahexaenoic acid = cis-6,9,12,15-octatetraenoic acid = arachidonic acid = alpha-linolenic acid greater than linoleic acid greater than palmitoleic acid greater than oleic acid greater than myristoleic acid. Other unsaturated fatty acids such as undecylenic acid, erucic acid and nervonic acid, are inactive. The methyl esters and alcohol analogues of these compounds, glycerols, phospholipids, saturated fatty acids, retinoids and carotenes were inactive even at 0.2 mM. The results of the binding assay and the enzymic assay correlated well except for elaidic acid and linolelaidic acid, the trans isomers of oleic acid and linoleic acid respectively, which were much less active than their cis isomers in the binding assay but were as potent in the enzymic assay. gamma-Linolenic acid had no effect on the activities of two other rat liver microsomal enzymes: NADH:menadione reductase and glucuronosyl transferase. gamma-Linolenic acid, the most potent inhibitor tested, decreased the Vmax. and increased Km values of substrates, NADPH and testosterone, and promoted dissociation of [3H]4-MA from the microsomal reductase. gamma-Linolenic acid, but not the corresponding saturated fatty acid (stearic acid), inhibited the 5 alpha-reductase activity, but not the 17 beta-dehydrogenase activity, of human prostate cancer cells in culture. These results suggest that unsaturated fatty acids may play an important role in regulating androgen action in target cells.

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Here's a study as well related to this...
Inhibition of steroid 5 alpha-reductase by specific aliphatic unsaturated fatty acids.

Human or rat microsomal 5 alpha-reductase activity, as measured by enzymic conversion of testosterone into 5 alpha-dihydrotestosterone or by binding of a competitive inhibitor, [3H]17 beta-NN-diethulcarbamoyl-4-methyl-4-aza-5 alpha-androstan-3-one ([3H]4-MA) to the reductase, is inhibited by low concentrations (less than 10 microM) of certain polyunsaturated fatty acids. The relative inhibitory potencies of unsaturated fatty acids are, in decreasing order: gamma-linolenic acid greater than cis-4,7,10,13,16,19-docosahexaenoic acid = cis-6,9,12,15-octatetraenoic acid = arachidonic acid = alpha-linolenic acid greater than linoleic acid greater than palmitoleic acid greater than oleic acid greater than myristoleic acid. Other unsaturated fatty acids such as undecylenic acid, erucic acid and nervonic acid, are inactive. The methyl esters and alcohol analogues of these compounds, glycerols, phospholipids, saturated fatty acids, retinoids and carotenes were inactive even at 0.2 mM. The results of the binding assay and the enzymic assay correlated well except for elaidic acid and linolelaidic acid, the trans isomers of oleic acid and linoleic acid respectively, which were much less active than their cis isomers in the binding assay but were as potent in the enzymic assay. gamma-Linolenic acid had no effect on the activities of two other rat liver microsomal enzymes: NADH:menadione reductase and glucuronosyl transferase. gamma-Linolenic acid, the most potent inhibitor tested, decreased the Vmax. and increased Km values of substrates, NADPH and testosterone, and promoted dissociation of [3H]4-MA from the microsomal reductase. gamma-Linolenic acid, but not the corresponding saturated fatty acid (stearic acid), inhibited the 5 alpha-reductase activity, but not the 17 beta-dehydrogenase activity, of human prostate cancer cells in culture. These results suggest that unsaturated fatty acids may play an important role in regulating androgen action in target cells.
That study has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
That study has absolutely nothing to do with what is being discussed.
how do you figure? it's discussing fatty acids and their effect on the body and how It converts test, last time I checked omega 3/6's = fatty acids
test/dht = aas/prohormones ?? am I wrong or not reading that right?

NoAddedHmones

NoAddedHmones

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
how do you figure? it's discussing fatty acids and their effect on the body and how It converts test, last time I checked omega 3/6's = fatty acids
test/dht = aas/prohormones ?? am I wrong or not reading that right?
It was measuring the inhibitory effects of various fatty acids on the 5-ar in certain cell cultures. Ie. How the fatty acids lower the amount of test which is converted to dht.

The discussion was about fatty acids increasing the oral absorption of the hormones/prohormones.

KilaCali

KilaCali

Banned
Awards
It was measuring the inhibitory effects of various fatty acids on the 5-ar in certain cell cultures. Ie. How the fatty acids lower the amount of test which is converted to dht.

The discussion was about fatty acids increasing the oral absorption of the hormones/prohormones.
well I understand that i guess i didn't mean to say it was directly related to the topic but it does have something to do with both of these that are being discussed, thought i would throw it in because i found it interesting as far as effects they have on test/dht and that being exactly what aas basically is...

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
fat soluble hormones dissolve in fat.. water soluble hormones dissolve in water. easy as that.

fat soluble hormones include: aldosterone, cortisol, androgens, testosterone, calcitriol, estrogen, progesterone, T3, T4, NO

water soluble hormones include: Epinephrine, norepinephrine, melatonin, histamine, serotonin, oxytocin, ADH, hGH, TSH, ATCH, FSH, LH, PRL, MSH, insulin, glucagon

jbryand101b

jbryand101b

Banned
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
That study is talking about it's effects on 5ar activity and tissue selection.
Nothing about absorption

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
fat soluble hormones dissolve in fat.. water soluble hormones dissolve in water. easy as that.

fat soluble hormones include: aldosterone, cortisol, androgens, testosterone, calcitriol, estrogen, progesterone, T3, T4, NO

water soluble hormones include: Epinephrine, norepinephrine, melatonin, histamine, serotonin, oxytocin, ADH, hGH, TSH, ATCH, FSH, LH, PRL, MSH, insulin, glucagon
Awesome, so would one 1300mg (900mg EPA/DHA) Omega-3 Gel-Cap do the job? My next cycle is mostly Sub-Lingual, but one compound *will* be oral (swallowed and digested). 1/2 Tbs of Almond Butter? Just how much fat is needed? Thanks!

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
personally I like to use about 2-3 g of fish/CLA, but a tbsn of almond butter would likely be just as good.

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
personally I like to use about 2-3 g of fish/CLA, but a tbsn of almond butter would likely be just as good.
Good deal. Last one: Coconut Oil? Less likely to get stored because of the MCT's, correct? Don't know if that means it works as well as other fats in this regard though.

xR1pp3Rx

xR1pp3Rx

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
would be just fine. as would olive oil ect... even just a fatty meal ... the fat encapsulates the hormone and carries it into the blood stream.

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Punkrocker Male Anti-Aging Medicine 8
Supplements 37
CATdiesel76 Supplements 16
Dustin07 Supplements 22
GreenMachineX Supplements 19