Fisetin | The Actual Fountain of Youth?

rowz4broz

rowz4broz

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Sorry for the clickbait title.

Was working my way through Reddit & came across a Supplement I have not heard of, that has a bit of a cult like following which got me intrigued.

Fisetin Supplementation Improves Age-Related Vascular Endothelial Function by Suppressing Cellular Senescence and Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress

Mayo Clinic has run a trial as well.

A lot of this science verbiage goes over my head but from what I can gather this may be an effective addition to an anti aging protocol.

Anyone here have any experience with this supplement?

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Sorry for the clickbait title.

Was working my way through Reddit & came across a Supplement I have not heard of, that has a bit of a cult like following which got me intrigued.

Fisetin Supplementation Improves Age-Related Vascular Endothelial Function by Suppressing Cellular Senescence and Mitochondrial Oxidative Stress

Mayo Clinic has run a trial as well.

A lot of this science verbiage goes over my head but from what I can gather this may be an effective addition to an anti aging protocol.

Anyone here have any experience with this supplement?
I think that Fisetin has potential but is being so overhyped by a lot of companies already that there are becoming unrealistic expectations with it that likely nothing could live up to if that makes sense.

I think that it is potentially a good ingredient to add to an anti-aging/longevity regimen but that it is just one component of that regimen, not the end-all-be-all that some are making it out to be.

Also, with Fisetin and any of these anti-aging longevity compounds, be careful who you buy them from. A lot of these ingredients are being sold by fly by night companies that no one has ever heard of before and that are scamming people and disappearing. The reason is that legit materials on these types of items are not cheap and poor quality raw materials are abundant.

Falco1098

Falco1098

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I think that Fisetin has potential but is being so overhyped by a lot of companies already that there are becoming unrealistic expectations with it that likely nothing could live up to if that makes sense.

I think that it is potentially a good ingredient to add to an anti-aging/longevity regimen but that it is just one component of that regimen, not the end-all-be-all that some are making it out to be.

Also, with Fisetin and any of these anti-aging longevity compounds, be careful who you buy them from. A lot of these ingredients are being sold by fly by night companies that no one has ever heard of before and that are scamming people and disappearing. The reason is that legit materials on these types of items are not cheap and poor quality raw materials are abundant.
Can SNS/CEL come out with a anit-aging/longevity product that includes in 2-3 pill what we need today to get from numerous other products from less than reputable sources? Thinking NMN, Glutathione, QCC, Resveratrol, Quercetin, Bromelein as some of the key items you could put into 1 prodcut.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Can SNS/CEL come out with a anit-aging/longevity product that includes in 2-3 pill what we need today to get from numerous other products from less than reputable sources? Thinking NMN, Glutathione, QCC, Resveratrol, Quercetin, Bromelein as some of the key items you could put into 1 prodcut.
The anti-aging/longevity space is an area of supplementation that I'm very personally interested in and have a lot of really cool and unique ideas for, but there are a lot of marketing challenges in this space.

The anti-aging/longevity market space is filled with BS products that use proprietary blends, very deceptive labeling, and some fly by night companies that just blatantly don't put in the products what the label says. It's truly crazy the amount of just absolute BS garbage products that a brand would have to compete with in that market space. But yes, I do want to do some products in the category and have even considered doing a separate brand of products dedicated to it.

As for your ingredient suggestions, it wouldn't be exactly like that though for a variety of reasons - a major one being that the max volume of a size 00 capsules is approximately 750 mg. so there's just no way to fit all of that at effective dosages into 2 to 3 capsules, and another reason being that some things need to be taken on an empty stomach whereas some need to be taken with food, etc.

IF we do something in the anti-aging/longevity market, it will be exciting and very unique and will consist of cost effective single ingredient top quality supplements, simple multi-ingredient formulas that most anyone can afford, and then possibly some super comprehensive formulations that would be very cost effective, as in great values for the money, but that would be fully loaded formulas unlike anything else available.

Stachio

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@sns8778

What are your thoughts on NAD+ precursors? I understand supplementing with NMN or NR will result in an increase of NAD+. Are there any human studies on the benefits of increased nad+ levels in the body? There are plenty of mice studies on increased NAD+ levels.

I saw this study

At the end of the study (day 60), the NAD+/NADH levels were increased further by 38% from baseline in the Uthever group, compared to a mere 14.3% rise in the placebo group. It's interesting there was a 14.3% increase in the placebo group.

IMO the 14.3% seems like a lot. Also makes me wonder what if any benefit the 38% increase actually does.

Kronic

Kronic

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
cellular senecense == autophagy I'm pretty sure. it might help but you can just do fasting. or ecdysterone. autophagy is induced by low blood sugar I guess. everyone says you need to wait 48 hours because of some studies, but I think you can speed it up by lifting and using certain supps/drugs. I guess some people will even say clenbuterol or metformin can induce autophagy.

Last edited:
sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I still want to try pqq.
I think PQQ has a lot of good potential and it's one that I have tentatively to be included in an upcoming formula for an anti-aging/longevity product.

sns8778

sns8778

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
@sns8778

What are your thoughts on NAD+ precursors? I understand supplementing with NMN or NR will result in an increase of NAD+. Are there any human studies on the benefits of increased nad+ levels in the body? There are plenty of mice studies on increased NAD+ levels.

I saw this study

At the end of the study (day 60), the NAD+/NADH levels were increased further by 38% from baseline in the Uthever group, compared to a mere 14.3% rise in the placebo group. It's interesting there was a 14.3% increase in the placebo group.

IMO the 14.3% seems like a lot. Also makes me wonder what if any benefit the 38% increase actually does.
I appreciate you tagging me and asking and I didn't want you to think that I was ignoring you, but I'm not going to say much on this subject right now because it involves several projects that I'm involved with.

I have a lot of information that I've compiled on this subject that I'll be summarizing and detailing at some point in the form of product write ups and also a series of articles. Until then, I'm glad to discuss the subject in overview but not going to go into much detail on it.

Just my general thoughts are that NMN is a good ingredient but that there are a lot of quality issues with the ingredient - spanning from lower percentage purities of ingredients to fly by night companies that are just completely ripping people off by saying that they're selling NMN that aren't. So my suggestion to anyone looking for NMN products is to be very careful and make sure you trust the company that you're buying it from.