First time cycle need advice. Test-E

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
My stats:
25yo male. 6ft 2in, 224lbs, 15%bf strongman competitor

Started pinning Test e 400mg for my very first time ever on Tuesday this week. First injection cause a lump in the skin. No redness and slight pain when touching it. Today was shot number two injection was this morning. And I definitely feel like I pinned wrong. Maybe at an angle the needle came out a bit and I had to bring it back in just sort of a mess. Once all the fluid was in and I removed the needle there was a ton of blood. Throughout the day I had a lump in it's place but no pain or heat or red color. Now after my workout and showering it is a bit pink in color as well as a little sore and warm. Should I be worried? I'm coming off a bit of "test flu" I believe that I developed from my first pin

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nah probably nothing. I've had times I can't sit almost cause the muscle gets swollen. Inject in your butt sitting down from the side .. I find that to be the easiest. .. yeah and don't cheat in competitions

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
The first few weeks maybe even months (no more than 2) you will get local swelling to some degree. I remember it was a little odd walking when I did glutes but the weird feeling passed quickly. I can say now when I pin even 2 ml at once I have absolutely no reaction anymore no lump no swelling no soreness. Over time your body gets used to it. As long as you don’t see redness, have sustained pain or excruciating pain on movement, and don’t have a fever, you are probably ok.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Oh also when you have the higher concentration products (like test at 400 or more per ML) you can get additional irritation from the solvents used in the oil.

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Strongman competitions are not tested and it is expected that competitors are on PEDs. I simply do it to remain competitive. The judges just want a show

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Oh also when you have the higher concentration products (like test at 400 or more per ML) you can get additional irritation from the solvents used in the oil.
Any advice on pinning the quad? Seems much easier as I am self pinning and will probably have more control. I am just concerned with being able to train legs on injection days and days after. Will it be a problem?

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Strongman competitions are not tested and it is expected that competitors are on PEDs. I simply do it to remain competitive. The judges just want a show
Haha that's funny people realize that.. I was just talking to a friend who said, every elite strongman is on steroids.

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Haha that's funny people realize that.. I was just talking to a friend who said, every elite strongman is on steroids.
Yeah were just told what weight to be at and what events to do. No drug testing involved

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Update: it has now gotten a little more flush with color as time has gone by. It's now pink and still a lump although it feels less hard than previously. It doesn't feel any warmer than the rest of my glute but there is pain when I touch it. I feel semi feverish but I can't tell if it's because of the test flu Uber had for the last few days since my first injection

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
If you have an extended reaction it very well could be the concentration/solvents in the oil. I tried doing TestE 500. I literally couldn’t walk for a week or so lol. And it wasn’t infection. Just whatever they used to increase the solubility of the ester. And it may have precipitated in my leg.

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
If you have an extended reaction it very well could be the concentration/solvents in the oil. I tried doing TestE 500. I literally couldn’t walk for a week or so lol. And it wasn’t infection. Just whatever they used to increase the solubility of the ester. And it may have precipitated in my leg.
How did you realize it wasn't infected? Did you go to a doc? Or just wait it out

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
How did you realize it wasn't infected? Did you go to a doc? Or just wait it out
Well I am a doc lol. But I just knew I had an infection once before. If it starts to get RED and SWELL then see someone. But I’d wait a few days personally

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Well I am a doc lol. But I just knew I had an infection once before. If it starts to get RED and SWELL then see someone. But I’d wait a few days personally
Lol you're a doc? Want me to PM u a pic of it and u tell me? Haha

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
The old "I'm a doc" trick to get nudez pics, LOL

-just kidding

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Besides, you have to feel the area to really be able to tell if it’s subtle. Just wait a few more days. Promise you won’t die. If it’s still there by Monday then see someone

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Besides, you have to feel the area to really be able to tell if it’s subtle. Just wait a few more days. Promise you won’t die. If it’s still there by Monday then see someone
What should I try feeling for

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Update. Still warm and pink but the swelling has drastically gone down and it's less firm it's a smaller lump too. And no fever. So I guess I'm pretty much in the clear?

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
Update. Still warm and pink but the swelling has drastically gone down and it's less firm it's a smaller lump too. And no fever. So I guess I'm pretty much in the clear?
I'd tell you yeah. But we'd better wait for the doctor. He's a highly trained medical student. Did you hear me? HE WENT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL...OOHHHHH MYYY GOODDDDDD.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
I'd tell you yeah. But we'd better wait for the doctor. He's a highly trained medical student. Did you hear me? HE WENT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL...OOHHHHH MYYY GOODDDDDD.
I can’t imagine what your life has been like for you to be so petty. One of these days you might grow up. Doubt it though. Stick to what you are good at: showing others how to be insecure.

Reactions: Nac
bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Yeah sounds like you’re good. If it was infected it would have progressively gotten larger, redder, and more firm. And the surrounding skin would start to discolor slightly also. You just had an injection site reaction. Now that you know what that looks and feels like you can gauge it better in the future.

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Yeah sounds like you’re good. If it was infected it would have progressively gotten larger, redder, and more firm. And the surrounding skin would start to discolor slightly also. You just had an injection site reaction. Now that you know what that looks and feels like you can gauge it better in the future.
Yes. I'm pretty sure my poor technique with the needle is what did me in. I'm definitely going in quads from now on. It offers more control and more likelihood of me not messing up

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Yes. I'm pretty sure my poor technique with the needle is what did me in. I'm definitely going in quads from now on. It offers more control and more likelihood of me not messing up
Happy nerve hitting!

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Have you experienced that before? Luckily I never have
Really? Lucky you! LOL
Every 8-10 shots. Hate it ! Makes your leg twitch violently, often I banged my toes on a chair or something.
I pin smaller TRT dosages sub-q, other stuff goes into delts.

Harry Manback

Harry Manback

Awards
  • Established
I can’t imagine what your life has been like for you to be so petty. One of these days you might grow up. Doubt it though. Stick to what you are good at: showing others how to be insecure.
Doctor Doctor DOCTOR!?! OH MY GOD HE WENT TO MEDICAL SCHOOL....OOHHHH MYYYY GODDDDDDDD

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
So quad went well today but I think I definitely at least tapped a nerve. Went really slow with the needle and at one point I went a bit deeper and the muscle tended up. I pulled up a bit readjusted and it went fine. Injected slowly and held with the other hand. No flinching no issue. Pulled out no blood no pain. Warning it up prior was a help and I took a hot shower and massaged it after

hairygrandpa

hairygrandpa

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
So quad went well today but I think I definitely at least tapped a nerve. Went really slow with the needle and at one point I went a bit deeper and the muscle tended up. I pulled up a bit readjusted and it went fine. Injected slowly and held with the other hand. No flinching no issue. Pulled out no blood no pain. Warning it up prior was a help and I took a hot shower and massaged it after
Hehehe! Just you wait, LOL.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well nice for you guys , I hit a nerve at least once a week on enthanate .. no but seriously, I don't get a lot of twitching mostly but for sure you hit nerves all the time cause it gives some uncomfortable feeling that's not really painful but more scary.

You can really feel when you get the perfect shot, it's like a bite from a mosquito even when you have a needle all the way through the muscle.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
But when you get a twitch going in is that really you hitting a nerve? It feels more like fascial layers or scar tissue being irritated and that causes the spasm.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But when you get a twitch going in is that really you hitting a nerve? It feels more like fascial layers or scar tissue being irritated and that causes the spasm.
Nah it's a nerve, I've only had twitching in my leg but I never inject there anymore cause I always get a little pain afterwards. The muscle gets swollen and I almost fell walking to the kitchen cause the muscle didn't follow the movement of my body haha.. you'll get swollen everywhere but at least you can walk if you inject in the butt.

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Nah it's a nerve, I've only had twitching in my leg but I never inject there anymore cause I always get a little pain afterwards. The muscle gets swollen and I almost fell walking to the kitchen cause the muscle didn't follow the movement of my body haha.. you'll get swollen everywhere but at least you can walk if you inject in the butt.
I literally feel nothing after. Going in there is some pressure. But when I release and then apply pressure for a minute (regardless of if there is blood) it’s as if I didn’t even do it. Wasn’t always like that. But I’m not complaining lol. Maybe it’s something in the oil you use? I know when I tried TestE at 400 per ML I couldn’t walk for a damn week. Tossed that stuff.

Chados

Chados

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I literally feel nothing after. Going in there is some pressure. But when I release and then apply pressure for a minute (regardless of if there is blood) it’s as if I didn’t even do it. Wasn’t always like that. But I’m not complaining lol. Maybe it’s something in the oil you use? I know when I tried TestE at 400 per ML I couldn’t walk for a damn week. Tossed that stuff.
Yeah could be some thickness to it.. I also have a theory that since I have so little fat the skin gets tighter around the muscle. I have this theory because I noticed it way more when I was on winstrol at the same time. It kinda hardens up your body. Maybe dbol is the answer haha..

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
Well the first time I went into quad I had no pain but a bit of soreness like a bruise on the inside. No visible marks. Today was my first time in the opposite quad and the quad felt tight like it was gonna bend the needle but all the oil went in smooth and not even the soreness of the other one. It's like nothing happened. Did I miss or something?

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Well the first time I went into quad I had no pain but a bit of soreness like a bruise on the inside. No visible marks. Today was my first time in the opposite quad and the quad felt tight like it was gonna bend the needle but all the oil went in smooth and not even the soreness of the other one. It's like nothing happened. Did I miss or something?
You’re good lol. The response after injections are pretty variable and depend on the oil from the product you’re using, and also needle thickness, bluntness if you use the same one for drawing and pinning, and if your hands are not super steady. First few months when I started I would have light swelling and when I walked I could feel it but over time that fades. And if you don’t notice it now that means you did it well. That is the goal after each one. If you don’t feel sore or anything then you get an A+ lol

Bcuzimbatman

Awards
You’re good lol. The response after injections are pretty variable and depend on the oil from the product you’re using, and also needle thickness, bluntness if you use the same one for drawing and pinning, and if your hands are not super steady. First few months when I started I would have light swelling and when I walked I could feel it but over time that fades. And if you don’t notice it now that means you did it well. That is the goal after each one. If you don’t feel sore or anything then you get an A+ lol
Awesome. So I can pretty much jump from right to left quad since I'm only pinning twice weekly and I should be fine right? That would give each at least 1 week rest

bigdavid

bigdavid

Awards
  • Established
Awesome. So I can pretty much jump from right to left quad since I'm only pinning twice weekly and I should be fine right? That would give each at least 1 week rest
Yeah that should be fine. But in general you want to wait 14 days or more to reduce the risk of scar tissue being built up long term. But that can still be achieved with only the quads. Just take note of where you pinned and then do either 2 inches above or 2 inches below that site next time (depending on if you are lower or higher up on the quad, respectively). That way it’s basically like being in two different sites even though it’s the same muscle belly.