First test cycle critique - Test only or test + oral?

ayyyman

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Age - 31
Years lifting - 10
Height - 5’10
Weight - 180lbs
Body fat - 8%
Past cycles - Msten pro hormone (2014), anavar only (2017 + 2018)

Week: 1-12
Testosterone Cypionate - 500mg/wk (250mg 2x/wk - Pin on mon/thurs)

Week: 1-20
Arimidex - 0.25mg EOD (inc or dec as needed)

Week: 14-18
Nolvadex - 40/40/20/20 ED

Clomid - 50/50/25/25 ED

Other:
22 gauge to draw
25 gauge and 1 inch to pin

Possible addition:
Week 10-14
Sdrol (oral) - 10mg ED
Tudca - 1000mg ED
NAC - 1200mg ED

Reading up quite a bit on sdrol, im very curious to give it a shot as a finisher. Due to its toxicity, i'd like to keep it short and at a lower dose. Does anyone have experience with 10mg for 4 weeks? Looks like most people say you dont really see the full power until you run it at 20mg, but a fair amount claim it was far too toxic for them at this dose.

Renew1

Renew1

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Age - 31
Years lifting - 10
Height - 5’10
Weight - 180lbs
Body fat - 8%
Past cycles - Msten pro hormone (2014), anavar only (2017 + 2018)

Week: 1-12
Testosterone Cypionate - 500mg/wk (250mg 2x/wk - Pin on mon/thurs)

Week: 1-20
Arimidex - 0.25mg EOD (inc or dec as needed)

Nolvadex - 40/40/20/20 ED

Clomid - 50/50/25/25 ED

Other:
22 gauge to draw
25 gauge and 1 inch to pin

Possible addition:
Week 10-14
Sdrol (oral) - 10mg ED
Tudca - 1000mg ED
NAC - 1200mg ED

Reading up quite a bit on sdrol, im very curious to give it a shot as a finisher. Due to its toxicity, i'd like to keep it short and at a lower dose. Does anyone have experience with 10mg for 4 weeks? Looks like most people say you dont really see the full power until you run it at 20mg, but a fair amount claim it was far too toxic for them at this dose.
Test only.

(By the way, Msten is a Steroid, not a PH).

Superdrol is extremely powerful at 10mgs, and some can't take it at that dosage.

But, I advise a Test only cycle for your first Test cycle.
(Definitely not with SD)

LondonerTWBULLY

LondonerTWBULLY

Awards
I love superdrol but I run it @20mg a day my 2nd favourite oral.
maybe run 10mg for a week see how you go then up it.
its Only 4 weeks.
anadrol Is by far superior to superdrol imo.
I ran Balkan anapolon for 8 weeks followed by sdrol for 6 but I don’t advise that:)
but I think toxicity is exaggerated.( my liver enzymes were high but nothing extreme.)
you’ll get the most gains on first cycle too so I’d definitely run something other than just testosterone to make Most of first cycle.

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Test only. Always start test only to learn how your body processes testosterone and how / how much you’ll aromatise and handle estrogen.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Test only. Always start test only to learn how your body processes testosterone and how / how much you’ll aromatise and handle estrogen.
this. As @Renew1 also said definitely test only and this is the reason.

you don’t come into it with a pre set ai amount, it’s very individual. Lots of guys need no or very little ai at 500mg test and others need fairly high amounts.

whilst test only may not produce your best gains you need to understand how you respond to it to plan future cycles. It’s like getting blood work before you start, you only get one chance to do that and really your first cycle is the best time to establish how you respond to test. Then when you add things in the future you’ll be able to tell what is causing what effect.

Whisky

Whisky

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Agreed, if it's at the end. I'd expect to have any potential issues (E2) sorted by then.
sd on a first cycle??

wouldn’t you save the big gun for later down the road? At this stage the guy should be able to maximise gains of any oral really?

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
sd on a first cycle??

wouldn’t you save the big gun for later down the road? At this stage the guy should be able to maximise gains of any oral really?
I don't necessarily disagree with anything anyone in here has recommended. It's Responsible Cycling 101. In line with this, I don't think he needs to dose 500mg right from the start.

But there's obviously a psychology involved here. We know what it is. If you already have a cycle stack in mind you're probably going to end up doing it despite any advice to the contrary. I can almost guarantee this guy will hit week 8, possibly be a little underwhelmed with his test-only cycle, and want to throw other sh1t in to spice things up. We're all guilty of this, at some point or other.

He might buck the trend and see the value in what you guys have said, and be disciplined to stick the 12 weeks out running only test. But I doubt it. And there are worse things he could be proposing.

I think there's a no0b phase every AAS using mofo has to go through. It's so common it's almost a stereotype: run the sh1t out of all the drugs, get the high doses and unnecessary stacking out of your system, and subsequently learn It's NOT all about the drugs at all and in this moment of clarity realize you can get all te gainz running much lower doses if you just diet better and be a bit more patient.

BMW4Life

BMW4Life

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Given you have run Anavar before, I would use Anavar to finish up a 400mg per week test cycle.

Something like:

Weeks 1-12: Test 400mg per weeks
Weeks 8-/10-14: Anavar at 40-60mgs

That's just me. Less is more though

KvanH

KvanH

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • Established
  • RockStar
I wouldn't personally add any orals to first test cycle and definitely not SD, but that's just me. I would assume that if training and nutrition are on point, then you can get the maximum muscle growth with the test only anyways. Adding an oral can increase weight gained on cycle and a temporary bigger/fuller look while on, but as for the actual lean mass acquired and kept after cycle, I'd think you can get the maximum results with just test with your cycle experience. For the time when test cyp is clearing out from your system, adding an oral makes the most sence to me though.

Maybe want to give the test cyp more time to clear, than 17 days before starting the serm though. Would also be beneficial to add hcg, when the test is clearing or run a small dose throughout the cycle to keep the testes functional.

Not sure if you'll need an AI during and after pct - might need, might not.

Tapering the test up might be a good idea also. Like 300 mg to 500/600 mg or something like that.

Last edited:

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’m not saying “run every drug you can” but if you going to do it, do it right. Test only is nothing special (to me) so I definitely recommend to add something. Test + Mast was my first cycle for an example.