First Test cycle at 34

ActiveShooter9

Awards
Hey Guys,

been lifting since I was 15 and have a good physique but am looking to add 5lbs of lean mass. I don’t think want to look to bulky and be stupidly obvious I’m on gear.

5’9 195lb lean
17.25”arms
335 bench
435 DL
375 squat (I know, working on it)

I traded someone a couple of years ago for
5 10ml vile of Test Enantat 250 (205mg/ml)
1 10ml vile of Deca 500 (500mgs/ml)
1 100 count oral tren 250mcg

I’m 34 now and would like an increase in energy and some solid gains, not super wet. I’ve did epistane 15 years ago and really dried out.

I’ve been reading about a 250mg Test E cycle, but others swear by 500mg. Should I stack w deca? Use the tren to quick start? This is my first cycle so I’d like to do it right.

Also, recommendations on PCT. Clomid?

thanks guys, don’t roast me too hard

cruze1911r1

cruze1911r1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
First cycle should be test only. Forget all the other crap. Getting the most from the least is the best plan. Personally I started my first cycle at 350mg and ended at 560mg pinning 80mg daily. Closer administration intervals will keep estrogen spikes down and is more favorable for shbg. As for pct, I'm 38 and don't plan on going back to natural. Can't offer you any advice in that area. I have 2 kids and a vasectomy, no need to put my body through the stress of pct just to hop back on.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bloodwork before, During and post..
Test Only..is highly recommended..
Blog is to establish a good baseline and follow up labs are to evaluate how you responded and recovered..
Throwing in kitchen sink is a common mistake in beginners..KISS and slow and easy is the Way..
Z...

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bloodwork to establish a Baseline..
Auto Correct..
Z...

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I think 250mg is a little low, it’s barely over TRT dose. 375mg (3 half cc shots a week) could be a good starting point. Deca and Tren is a little harsh to use on your first cycle but a DHT like Mast or Primo in 1:1 dose is great and easy to manage.

This silly saying that “first cycle should be Test only” is just silly. Sure, using harsh drugs like Tren is asking for problems but using a mild(er) DHT like Mast, Primo or Proviron in reasonable doses can have a good synergy with Test and make the cycle better.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Bloodwork before, During and post..
Test Only..is highly recommended..
Blog is to establish a good baseline and follow up labs are to evaluate how you responded and recovered..
Throwing in kitchen sink is a common mistake in beginners..KISS and slow and easy is the Way..
Z...
Why during? It’s a given that your bloods will be bad on cycle.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I think 250mg is a little low, it’s barely over TRT dose. 375mg (3 half cc shots a week) could be a good starting point. Deca and Tren is a little harsh to use on your first cycle but a DHT like Mast or Primo in 1:1 dose is great and easy to manage.

This silly saying that “first cycle should be Test only” is just silly. Sure, using harsh drugs like Tren is asking for problems but using a mild(er) DHT like Mast, Primo or Proviron in reasonable doses can have a good synergy with Test and make the cycle better.
Opinions vary..
The Logic..is however most convincing..
Z...

mxrider28

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Bloods before during and after. Do 250mg twice a week. Determine AI need by bloodwork. Run 12-14 weeks then cruise on 200mg unless you want to ride the rollercoaster of pct

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
I would start test e at 250/wk for a month split over 2 shots, if it’s still going well then I’d bump to 375 (3x1/2cc shots/wk in your case) and ride that another 8 weeks.

Keep some Exemestane on hand; plenty of people will need an AI. Tamoxifen is good to have too, and it doubles as the ideal PCT drug once your test clears out. If you pin test e for 12 weeks, you would begin your SERM therapy after 15 weeks.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Estrogen
Z...
Like I said, bloods is expected to be out of range on cycle. It’s really no reason to check bloods on cycle unless you got sides you can’t control.

Last edited:

ActiveShooter9

Awards
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I typoed in the first post and meant 15lbs. I plan on running 350mgs/week of test E for a 12 week cycle. I plan on using tomaxifen as my PCT start week 15. I have current blood work that is 3 months old so that should suffice. I will get blood work done after.
Hopefully no gyno symptoms. What is your preferred needle size? I have 20.75 gauge on hand

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
Bloods before during and after. Do 250mg twice a week. Determine AI need by bloodwork. Run 12-14 weeks then cruise on 200mg unless you want to ride the rollercoaster of pct
Like I said, bloods is expected to be out of range on cycle. It’s really no reason to check bloods on cycle unless you got sides you can’t control.
I look at way more than Estrogen at my age..
It's never a bad idea to look at Markers and compare to a Baseline..
Again, do what works for you..what I find is..most of the problems with New Guys..not enough Bloodwork!!
And, problems arise.
Also..Bloodwork during will give you an idea of what compounds are doing what..
Also,now that many are using other compounds to combat Estrogen than dedicated AI's..
The "During" will reflect just how much those compounds are working..
Especially, when using strong compounds like Sdrol, M1T, Halo..even the common ones..
Bloodwork during on the first few cycles, if done correctly will answer the Big Question..
At what level of Test do you require Estrogen Control..??
Which is Extremely important before adding other compounds..

I've only been on AM for a short bit..
However, what I've noticed over my decades using gear..Guys usually cause their own problems by not doing proper Bloodwork and Understanding, plus correctly Controlling Estrogen..

Just my .o2
Z...

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Why during? It’s a given that your bloods will be bad on cycle.
So you can now what your health looks like on peak doses. Honestly if dudes running a first cycle 300-400mg test o would wanna know where my estrogen and a few other markers are om that dose although i would Expect everything to look great, maybe slight elevations in e2 and bp. At this point in my life I wouldn't be worried but if it was my first time I think it would be worth checking Just to make a note of to know for down the road

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
This we could debate indefinitely..lol
Anavar is a perfect example..
Everyone thinks it's the safest compound..but for many, it Will jack markers..into a red range..!!
Health should be No.1...!!
How would you really know what Sdrol or Var is actually doing to your body without Bloodwork..
Just relying on sides is foolish to Me..
Everyone is different..
After 26 yrs I know what compounds do what to Me..and now at an older age, and my body changing..it would be careless to think my body can handle what it could at 35..
That's where the "Aging Out" comes from on certain compounds..

I can't use EQ,Drol or Halo anymore..Many Vets have done the same..as the body ages, it's ability to still handle compounds reduces..

How many guys are running HGH or compounds that increase GH...??
How many are Absolutely Sure..nothing is growing in them...???

Like I said..we could debate for days..
But the Bottom Line is...
Do What Works Best for You..
But..be smart about finding that Out..!!

Nothingness but Love Brother..!!
Z...

Hyde

Hyde

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Hey guys thanks for all the input. I typoed in the first post and meant 15lbs. I plan on running 350mgs/week of test E for a 12 week cycle. I plan on using tomaxifen as my PCT start week 15. I have current blood work that is 3 months old so that should suffice. I will get blood work done after.
Hopefully no gyno symptoms. What is your preferred needle size? I have 20.75 gauge on hand
I like to draw with a 21-22g needle, then use a 25g 1” for injecting glutes, lats and ventroglutes for bigger volume shots. You can use that size/length needle anywhere, but I like 27g 1/2” EZTouch insulin syringes for my delts, quads, and pecs when I have half a cc or less. I can still use those on my lats and ventroglutes as well. You really have no need to use the bigger needles since your oil volume per shot will be so low.

The easiest pin sites for a first timer will be medial delts, quads, and the VG. Quad PIP is the worst, so I would rotate between delts and VG first until you get used to what to expect from the PIP you’ll get injecting a virgin muscle.

BBiceps

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
This we could debate indefinitely..lol
Anavar is a perfect example..
Everyone thinks it's the safest compound..but for many, it Will jack markers..into a red range..!!
Health should be No.1...!!
How would you really know what Sdrol or Var is actually doing to your body without Bloodwork..
Just relying on sides is foolish to Me..
Everyone is different..
After 26 yrs I know what compounds do what to Me..and now at an older age, and my body changing..it would be careless to think my body can handle what it could at 35..
That's where the "Aging Out" comes from on certain compounds..

I can't use EQ,Drol or Halo anymore..Many Vets have done the same..as the body ages, it's ability to still handle compounds reduces..

How many guys are running HGH or compounds that increase GH...??
How many are Absolutely Sure..nothing is growing in them...???

Like I said..we could debate for days..
But the Bottom Line is...
Do What Works Best for You..
But..be smart about finding that Out..!!

Nothingness but Love Brother..!!
Z...
I agree it’s good to see how different drugs is effecting you on cycle (especially if you get sides) although I don’t think it’s a must do bloods on cycle.

I have done bloods in the end of an Anavar cycle because I wanted to see how it affected me and (just like you said) all my markers was trash. It was to a surprise to me because I felt great and libido was high even though my test level was 21… It was a good proof that just because you feel good it might not look good on the inside. Anavar in therapeutic doses “might” not effect you much but Anavar in bodybuilding doses will absolutely effect you.

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I agree it’s good to see how different drugs is effecting you on cycle (especially if you get sides) although I don’t think it’s a must do bloods on cycle.

I have done bloods in the end of an Anavar cycle because I wanted to see how it affected me and (just like you said) all my markers was trash. It was to a surprise to me because I felt great and libido was high even though my test level was 21… It was a good proof that just because you feel good it might not look good on the inside. Anavar in therapeutic doses “might” not effect you much but Anavar in bodybuilding doses will absolutely effect you.
Great common ground..lol
Often text get misunderstood and tempers flare..opinions vary..
Over at ASF..we are flooding daily with Questions that Bloodwork could answer or avoid..and then there's Estrogen..WoW..!!
I've had this discussion with a Great on ASF, and we see each other's points..but still do what works..
Nothing but Love Brother..
Z...

Attachments

PhantomReaper

PhantomReaper

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I really think it's a good idea as we age..
Body changes with age..
Example: I used to Never have a problem with Drol..but at nearly 58..Nope..my body can't handle the stress Drol causes..
The Risk is way higher than the Reward..
I knew it was Drol in a cycle of 4 compounds..
Mainly because I know how the other compounds are...I dropped the Drol,all was good..

I always recommend one new compound per cycle..ONLY..!!
That way if it goes sideways, it's usually the New one..but not always..
And Man...people respond so differently now days..!!
25 yrs ago,everyone ran Deca..never heard of any ED problems..I didn't anyway..
Compared to Now..it's the Devil..lol
Z...