first set of labs after starting trt

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
endo did a cbc, psa, free test and total test set of labs 12 weeks after starting 200mg/ml every 2 weeks.

i am going to post the psa, test, and non immune system stuff from the labs.

these were taken ten days after a shot.
psa 0.5 0.0-4.0 ng/mL (most likely a waste of a test from what i have read)
free test 8.0 8.7-25.1 (pg/mL) which is up from the 6.8 prior to starting trt
total test 409 348-1197 (ng/dL) up from 308
WBC 4.8 4.0-10.5 (x10E3u/L) down from 5.4
RBC 5.05 4.10-5.60 up from 4.86
hemoglobin 16.3 12.5-17.0 (g/dL) up from 15.6
hematocrit 47.4 36-50% up from 45.3
platelets are 143 140-415 (x10E3/uL) down from 183
[FONT=arial, verdana, sans-serif]MCV 94 fL 80-98 up from 93
MCH 32.3 pg 27-34 32.1 prior test
MCHC 34.4 g/dL same as prior test
RDW 12.9 11.7-15% down from 13.6

I am considering paying out of pocket for some more testing on my own. At this point my endo says keep doing what i am doing and come back in 3 months with labs a week prior to appointment. it seems that 200mg/ml is ok, but i feel best a few days after the shot, and then the last few days leading up to the shot my sex drive goes down and my energy goes down as well. the 409 was ten days after a shot with 4 more days to go. On the other hand my bf % has dropped below 15 without making any real effort which has never been possible before, and i am actually looking better physically and have more sex drive than i have had in years. it seems though that he is just aiming for good enough, and my health insurance wont really help me at all since i am stuck in a system and dont really have choices...

anyway looking for feedback, criticisms and any other input...
[/FONT]​

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
endo did a cbc, psa, free test and total test set of labs 12 weeks after starting 200mg/ml every 2 weeks.

i am going to post the psa, test, and non immune system stuff from the labs.

these were taken ten days after a shot.
psa 0.5 0.0-4.0 ng/mL (most likely a waste of a test from what i have read)
free test 8.0 8.7-25.1 (pg/mL) which is up from the 6.8 prior to starting trt
total test 409 348-1197 (ng/dL) up from 308
WBC 4.8 4.0-10.5 (x10E3u/L) down from 5.4
RBC 5.05 4.10-5.60 up from 4.86
hemoglobin 16.3 12.5-17.0 (g/dL) up from 15.6
hematocrit 47.4 36-50% up from 45.3
platelets are 143 140-415 (x10E3/uL) down from 183
MCV 94 fL 80-98 up from 93
MCH 32.3 pg 27-34 32.1 prior test
MCHC 34.4 g/dL same as prior test
RDW 12.9 11.7-15% down from 13.6

I am considering paying out of pocket for some more testing on my own. At this point my endo says keep doing what i am doing and come back in 3 months with labs a week prior to appointment. it seems that 200mg/ml is ok, but i feel best a few days after the shot, and then the last few days leading up to the shot my sex drive goes down and my energy goes down as well. the 409 was ten days after a shot with 4 more days to go. On the other hand my bf % has dropped below 15 without making any real effort which has never been possible before, and i am actually looking better physically and have more sex drive than i have had in years. it seems though that he is just aiming for good enough, and my health insurance wont really help me at all since i am stuck in a system and dont really have choices...

anyway looking for feedback, criticisms and any other input...
Let me ask few simple question
"How do you feel"
Can you pop a boner in the morning?
Do you feel well rested when you get up ?
Do you have increased sexual desires?
Are you able to focus and have good moods?
Do you feel quality of life is better.?

If you can yes to these questions about >75% of the time then do not mess with it..

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
i feel great the frst few days after a shot, the last few days i feel about the way i did before trt.

some days i can, the ability tapers off between shots.

most days i can, ability to do so tapers off between shots

yes

better than before, having the good days makes me more positive all around

overall yes, but of course i am comparing it to years of feeling crappy. If you are in the dark for years a flashlight seems like an amazing thing because you cannot recall what the sun looks like...

lboston

lboston

Awards
i feel great the frst few days after a shot, the last few days i feel about the way i did before trt.

some days i can, the ability tapers off between shots.

most days i can, ability to do so tapers off between shots

yes

better than before, having the good days makes me more positive all around

overall yes, but of course i am comparing it to years of feeling crappy. If you are in the dark for years a flashlight seems like an amazing thing because you cannot recall what the sun looks like...
Do you self inject or do it at an office? If you self inject, switch to doing 100mg every week instead of the 200 every other week. More frequent injections will allow for more stable blood plasma levels.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
I self inject and had been doing every week at 100mg/ml but since he wants every two i do that the last few weeks before the appointment.

I inject friday and feel good from Saturday and decline through the week, noticing it most by about Wednesday.

My concern is just that since I have been low so long that feeling better is just a relative situation. When deprived long term just a little better seems like a lot.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
I self inject and had been doing every week at 100mg/ml but since he wants every two i do that the last few weeks before the appointment.

I inject friday and feel good from Saturday and decline through the week, noticing it most by about Wednesday.

My concern is just that since I have been low so long that feeling better is just a relative situation. When deprived long term just a little better seems like a lot.
Not enough parameters for proper HRT monitoring IMO the obvious are missing e2, and SHBG these are crucial how you are using the testosterone and possible e2 issues need to be dealt with.

v4lu3s

Awards
  • Established
i will look into getting some of my own labs done in the near future and get more information.

27wm85

Awards
v4lu3s, I've been trying to get in touch with you. I can't PM you because I just registered. I'm FD Houston, have low T and I am subject to the constraints of the KelseyCare system. I've made an appointment with Dr. Rochen. PM me if you don't mind. I have some questions about the doctor and costs.

Thanks.