First SARM cycle, precautions for PCT

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
Hello all,
Im planning on my first SARM cycle of Ostarine, or MK-2866, or whatever you want to call it in your relm, I became interested in the SARM epidemic and have been doing research like crazy, just wanted to get some pointers and possible feedback on my PCT as Im debating between running Nolva or Clomid along with the Ostarine.

I know little to nothing about PCT treatments being as ignorant as I was when I was younger to not even bother learning about them and their importance. Really could use some feedback cause for all I know my PCT cycle could be waaaaay off.

Planning a short but sweet cycle just to get my foot in the door.
Using a ridiculously low dosage to start a base, because if effective, really looking foreword to continuing running SARMS in the future.
Goal being to cut, first and foremost, but retain the most amount of muscle as possible.

Looks like this:
Wk 1: 15mg Ostarine daily
Wk 2: 15mg Ostarine daily
Wk 3: 15mg Ostarine daily
Wk 4: 15mg Ostarine daily
Wk 5: 15mg Ostarine daily
Starting PCT
Wk 6: 50mg Clomid daily, OR 20mg Nolvadex daily
3,000mg D-Aspartic Acid daily
Wk 7: 50mg Clomid daily OR 20mg Nolvadex daily
Wk 8: 50mg Clomid daily OR 20mg Nolvadex daily
Wk 9: 25mg Clomid daily OR 20mg Nolvadex daily
Wk 10: 25mg Clomid daily OR 20mg Nolvadex daily

The Express 42

The Express 42

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Clomid wayyyyyyy too high. I would do like 3 days of 50, drop to 25 for two weeks, and then drop to 12.5 for two weeks. I’ve been looking at a lot of forums and literally every I’ve seen get bloodwork on clomid has had decent test levels but high E too so keep an eye on that. I would do bloodwork. D aspartic acid kinda sucks but it hasn’t been proven to hurt if you’re suppressed it

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMO osta is horrible and not worth getting shut down over
Clomid is way to high like stated
I would rather do a 1 and 4 andro cycle for 8 weeks - same sides as that crappy osta cycle or less plus would yield 10x the results

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
I figured clomid was too high with such a small Ost dosage.
Thank you much fellas I appreciate it. Any suggestion which, clomid or Nolva prefered?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m also new to this but I plan on starting my first Osta cycle next week with the same goals as you. I’ve been reading a lot about it and there’s a lot of people out there that say it’s so minorly suppressive that you don’t need a PCT if you run it at moderate to low dosages for a short cycle. That would definitely include you. Based on everything I’ve read, that dose might not cause any suppression and if it does it’ll be so minor that the body will rebound quickly on its own. I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry though. I’ll be running it slightly higher than you and for slightly longer (20 mg a day for 6 to 8 weeks) and I was considering just getting two completely natural test boosters like ashwaganda.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I’m also new to this but I plan on starting my first Osta cycle next week with the same goals as you. I’ve been reading a lot about it and there’s a lot of people out there that say it’s so minorly suppressive that you don’t need a PCT if you run it at moderate to low dosages for a short cycle. That would definitely include you. Based on everything I’ve read, that dose might not cause any suppression and if it does it’ll be so minor that the body will rebound quickly on its own. I guess it’s better to be safe than sorry though. I’ll be running it slightly higher than you and for slightly longer (20 mg a day for 6 to 8 weeks) and I was considering just getting two completely natural test boosters like ashwaganda.
Osta was shown to be suppressive at under 5mg a day and don’t think 4x that amount will be suppressive ?

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
But at 5 mg a day how suppressive is it? If you see any drop in test then I figure they call it suppressive. But I think you can experience very small decreases in test and still be within the healthy range and feel no negative health effects. I’m no expert though but I know testosterone is not a static measurement and having a string of stressful life events can be severely suppressive, even causing ED and extreme lethargy, but people wouldn’t run a PCT for that. Their body eventually just responds and puts them back to normal.
I’m not saying you shouldn’t PCT for osta though because it’s better to play it safe. I’m just wondering if the osta PCT needs to have the same drugs in it that AAS PCT’s have, like clomid etc.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Osta' s trash. Don't waste your time and money and some shutdown and possible gyno "yes ppl get gyno from osta sometimes" for little to no results . Not worth it.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Smont, what would you recommend then? I don’t trust that there is any supplements out there that bring real results. Is there an oral steroid that is more effective than osta, comes with very little risks, and can actually give you keepable gains. Or maybe there is a supplement that’s more effective than ostarine that I don’t know about. Just looking for alternatives if osta really is just a hype job.

Smont

Smont

Legend
Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
Hdrol or epistane was what everyone ran as there first cycle years ago. I like hdrol. 75-100mg for 6 weeks. Good strength, a little size, only side effect I got was back pumps. If you wanna stick to a sarm, lgd is way better then osta

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Thanks for the input man. I’ll look into hdrol and epistane. I don’t know anything about them.
I’ve heard lgd is the best sarm out there in a lot of ways but that ostarine beats it in terms of recomp/cutting and that’s the direction I’ll be heading in. My ultimate goal is to just slightly go below maintenance, keep the protein high, the weight training very hard, and hopefully even gain some muscle while burning fat. Maybe that’s too good to be true with these substances though.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
LGD will work fine for recomp/cutting. Comparing LGD vs osta in this respect is not like comparing dbol vs winstrol.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Nac, a lot of people do try to make that comparison but I trust you on this one. Unfortunately I already have ostarine coming in the mail so I can’t really turn back now. Luckily I only ordered half the cycle and was gonna order the other half in two weeks. Maybe I’ll just do a mini cycle of it now (4 weeks at 20mg or 6 weeks at 15 mg) and then take a little break and try lgd next time around.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Up to you but if your product is legit, 10mg should be plenty. Especially on a mild cut or recomp. If funds permit Id highly recommend a topical dhea/preg such as Iconic Formulations "Dermacrine" and having a pharma AI in your stash.

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
Thank you for the feedback everyone. gonna alter the original post so to bring my clomid down, Ive decided to go that way than the nolva, now just need to continue researching good sources to find good Ostatine that isn't ****e

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
The source I’ll be using is one of the more popular ones out there and always gets very high reviews so I’ll just take 10 mg. I started taking their cardarine 10 days ago (first time taking any type of performance enhancer) and at 10 mg I can tell it’s legit. I’ll continue taking the cardarine throughout the osta cycle. I here they work well together, especially when cutting. DHEA seems to come with all the side effects of normal steroids but is less effective so I’m not sure if I’ll take that risk but at least it’s extremely easy to access if I do want it. MidWestJack, just keep doing your research and you’ll find a good source. And if you ever want to then send me a message and I’ll tell you what company I’ll be going with.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
DHEA seems to come with all the side effects of normal steroids
What do you mean here?

And youre right, Dermacrine wont directly generate extra gainz, but thats not why I recommend it anyway.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Acne, hair loss, high blood pressure, and suppression of natural hormones are associated with DHEA. That’s why I decided to steer clear after my initial interest in it. The baldness aspect is especially worrisome because, although I haven’t shown signs of it yet, male pattern baldness runs in my family. I don’t know how common those side effects are but I know pro hormones do come with some sides.

Nac

Nac

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Acne, hair loss, high blood pressure, and suppression of natural hormones are associated with DHEA.
Yip, for sure, those sides are possible. All I would say here, though, is that with DHEA/preg it is unlikely you will experience them all, and unlikely you will experience any to a great degree if at all. Keep in mind that sides, if they occur, tend to come in degrees; ie a mild increase in systolic pressure vs hypertension, or a couple of acne spots vs a major breakout, etc.

Youll only be using these compounds 6 or so weeks.

Plus, you should really have an AI on hand regardless.

And why do you recommend it, Nac?
It is mild, BUT very effective at making you feel really good especially cognitively.

See this is where you have to weigh risks. I personally found ostarine made me feel lethargic. Not as bad as other compounds, but enough to annoy me. This is where something like Dermacrine can help improve a cycle, by improving mood. Which can mean you dont skip training sessions. Or you dont turn to sugar foods for emotional support (not conducive on a cut).

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
Just ordered the Ostarine, thinking Ill wait to order the Clomid for a few days. Will do a cycle log when I begin. Thanks for all the input boys

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Seriously this is horrible. Either do it and do it right or dont put your body through it.

Run it 10 to 12 weeks at an effective dose (20-25mg) then run your PCT.

The way it sits your going to gain more from your PCT than your SARMS run.

YoungThor

YoungThor

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
user567, your right. **** it. I’m running it the way it supposed to be run. I’ll do 20 mg for for 10 to 12 weeks. From everything I’ve seen, the suppression from ostarine is so light that it’s like having a bad week at work. Some people just skip the pct and say they’re fine. I’ll run 10 mg of cardarine along side it.
So that’s that. I’ll report back in 10 to 12 weeks and let everyone know the results.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
user567, your right. **** it. I’m running it the way it supposed to be run. I’ll do 20 mg for for 10 to 12 weeks. From everything I’ve seen, the suppression from ostarine is so light that it’s like having a bad week at work. Some people just skip the pct and say they’re fine. I’ll run 10 mg of cardarine along side it.
So that’s that. I’ll report back in 10 to 12 weeks and let everyone know the results.
Suppression is suppression no matter how much it is. You may never go back to normal if not done right.

user567

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Definitely run a SERM for PCT. That is part of "doing it right"

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
I can actually run 20mg for 6 weeks or 15mg for 8 weeks. I take it my clomid amount will change obviously but not by much. Which would be preferred with average calorie intake with a large protein intake daily?

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
Decided to stack mk2866 along with GW, thinking of 15mg ost and 10mg Gw. Might bump mk up to 20mg, either way running for 6 weeks

MidWestJack

MidWestJack

Awards
I'm currently logging the cycle in the cycle log forum. Went with 20mg ost and 15mg gw