First Kratom run

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Ok guys as title say,my question is what's the best one to start of with? IAM looking for the nice calm effect. I'll be mainly using as a preworkout.
Any suggestions will helpful.

Thanks guys

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Go with a white or green. Start 2 grams to assess tolerance. Straightupkratom has superior product.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the reply @SkRaw85 .
First thing in morning on empty stomach is how I'll start..
Upon a bit of research liver strain is in the side effect profile,in your experience what level of concern should users be?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
For pre workout, 2grams in the pre workout or with coffee first thing in the morning really gives one a great workout. Green or white. The SUK Super Green is great!

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Thanks for the reply @SkRaw85 .
First thing in morning on empty stomach is how I'll start..
Upon a bit of research liver strain is in the side effect profile,in your experience what level of concern should users be?
Most do not experience liver issues. But if you are worried, take NAC daily, as that is beneficial for the liver.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks @ValiantThor08 Very helpful information..

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Start low dose, 1-2g. Color and "strain" don't matter.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I kinda lost the excitement due to gyms closing back,but IAM sure I'll still get it.
I'll place an order this weekend as iam definitely still interested in the effects...

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I kinda lost the excitement due to gyms closing back,but IAM sure I'll still get it.
I'll place an order this weekend as iam definitely still interested in the effects...
Treat it with respect, and you'll be fine. If you have a very addictive personality then you probably shouldn't do it.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Thanks for the concerns and warning guys,i think I'll be ok thoe as I don't possess the addictive personality.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
This statement definitely holds some truth..
I became dependent on kratom from just over a year ago until this past January, using multiple doses on a daily basis. It definitely provided me with a mental boost, energy/motivation, decreased social anxiety, and an improved attitude toward day to day life in general. It worked great until it didn’t anymore, and then it really became a problem.

It took me several attempts to kick the habit which became a mental and physical dependence. I think the mental component was stronger than the physical, as it was much easier to quit once I finally committed to doing it.

I have taken it a handful of times since then, but I now have the experience to know that I can’t let it get the best of me. Occasional use is definitely a nice treat, and I think I had to learn about the dark side of kratom for myself to be able to use it more responsibly.

All that said, with everything we are dealing with in the world today, kratom would certainly offer a nice escape from time to time :sneaky:

jarrellt67

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
It worked great until it didn’t anymore, and then it really became a problem.
This right here sums up my experience. Have never had an issue with addiction until kratom. These days I'm much better off without it (of which I constantly have to remind myself with there being a kratom shop less than a mile from my house). It's a great supplement for many/most as long as you're careful with dosing (not taking every day). Also, it might be worth you looking into taking agmatine with it.

SkRaw85

SkRaw85

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Totally agree. One must have restraint and self control. Keep it sacred. I got a little carried away when I had the Wuhan clan flu and had to reign it back in.

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
@jarrellt67 What benefit would agmatine add to a Kratom run..

My initial plan wasn't to use it everyday on gym days when I feel I could use a slight boost or mental uplift..I sometimes have days where iam like "why the hell am working out"but after a few sets and the pump increases that way of thinking is quickly discarded...I get these thoughts mybe once or twice a week every other week I'd say(not much)

TMloc

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer

My initial plan wasn't to use it everyday on gym days when I feel I could use a slight boost or mental uplift..I sometimes have days where iam like "why the hell am working out"but after a few sets and the pump increases that way of thinking is quickly discarded...I get these thoughts mybe once or twice a week every other week I'd say(not much)

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar

Agmatine potentiates Kratom.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
also helps with withdrawal and tolerance...for most people. for me it just killed any mood improvements. still might be worth trying since it seems most people like it.
Yeah, leave it to you or me to not fit into the norms in these cases!

I never found any tangible benefit from combining it with agmatine, curcumin, or black seed oil for potentiation or easing up withdrawal-like symptoms. You would probably remember that when I actually quit, I wasn’t taking any of that.

Some nice stims (of couse), C&P Bacchus (kanna blend), an occasional S&S Stress & Anxiety Support, and finding a sleep supplement that agreed with me were ultimately the keys to my success. Along with some actual stress reduction in my life.

Then the China virus happened :mad:

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Green malay or white hula is what I took pre-weights. Red, Ive always done in eveniings and night tried and supposed to be more for night

My experience is because of knowledge and me following directions, the most ive done is six grams. The most days Ive done is a week is three, four tops

Kratom is a nice used occasionally, when I first tried it I used three or four times a week. Geez, in the past year I may have used it ten times. Past six months, three times maybe

Ive used it as a pre workout, and did set some pr's; all that said, I think its best to use it infrequently, like once , or twice a week, or better yet once or twice a month. I do think when first learning it, I think its fine to use it a few times a week, and any more than that and youre running into dependent issues. Thankfully Ive never run into them

Jstrong20

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I Used to take it 3 or 4 times a week and have been up to a week straight now. I only use it once a day and never have any problems. Have used it for years and run out lots of times. Never any withdraw problems. Just don’t. Take it numerous times a day and you should be good.

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I Used to take it 3 or 4 times a week and have been up to a week straight now. I only use it once a day and never have any problems. Have used it for years and run out lots of times. Never any withdraw problems. Just don’t. Take it numerous times a day and you should be good.

I agree with this 100 % from experience DO NOT take it more than one time a day

I know some guys that have, and thats them and for myself I did it one time while on vacation hiking, before the hike like 3.5-4 grams, after the hike 3.5-4 grams, we went out to eat, then went shopping and I remember having to sit down in Marshalls as Ive never done heroin, but I felt as though I was mildly nodding out

I say start small, work up to a dose, then if you want to go higher try it at a time that feels safe for you

just to clarify I think three to four times a week is fine, Just not long term, I think its a good idea to take breaks where you go to once a week or once a month

I've gone many months between doses

Took some tonight ater work, before training legs , green, as all I have is white and green left, whites more for daytime, and its a pleasant headspace

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I became dependent on kratom from just over a year ago until this past January, using multiple doses on a daily basis. It definitely provided me with a mental boost, energy/motivation, decreased social anxiety, and an improved attitude toward day to day life in general. It worked great until it didn’t anymore, and then it really became a problem.

It took me several attempts to kick the habit which became a mental and physical dependence. I think the mental component was stronger than the physical, as it was much easier to quit once I finally committed to doing it.

I have taken it a handful of times since then, but I now have the experience to know that I can’t let it get the best of me. Occasional use is definitely a nice treat, and I think I had to learn about the dark side of kratom for myself to be able to use it more responsibly.

All that said, with everything we are dealing with in the world today, kratom would certainly offer a nice escape from time to time :sneaky:
physical detox usually only takes a week even with strong addictions built up over many years...it is the mental cravings that are hardest to beat, and what causes so many to relapse.

personally i had relapsed several times before i was able to overcome my addiction to alcohol....fortunately over time the mental cravings lessen...i have over 20 years sobriety now, and look at my drinking days as a dark time in my life that i have no desire to ever return to.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
physical detox usually only takes a week even with strong addictions built up over many years...it is the mental cravings that are hardest to beat, and what causes so many to relapse.

personally i had relapsed several times before i was able to overcome my addiction to alcohol....fortunately over time the mental cravings lessen...i have over 20 years sobriety now, and look at my drinking days as a dark time in my life that i have no desire to ever return to.
I know! It’s always nice to hear success stories like this. Congratulations!

While I used to drink very often in my 20’s and early 30’s, I never craved it on a daily basis. In more recent years, I go weeks or even months without it. Kratom was actually the first and only addiction I have had to overcome. Unless of course we count stims? ....it just so happens that we don’t.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I know! It’s always nice to hear success stories like this. Congratulations!

While I used to drink very often in my 20’s and early 30’s, I never craved it on a daily basis. In more recent years, I go weeks or even months without it. Kratom was actually the first and only addiction I have had to overcome. Unless of course we count stims? ....it just so happens that we don’t.
even though this is a kratom thread i threw in my alcohol addiction because i believe a addiction is a addiction....congrats back at you for beating yours!!!

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
even though this is a kratom thread i threw in my alcohol addiction because i believe a addiction is a addiction....congrats back at you for beating yours!!!
Yes, well I definitely controlled it. I have still dabbled with it since January and even that has been extremely limite, or only for a 2-3 day stretch. I haven’t even had any on hand for at least a month.

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
Yes, well I definitely controlled it. I have still dabbled with it since January and even that has been extremely limite, or only for a 2-3 day stretch. I haven’t even had any on hand for at least a month.
you are grown so not going to preach...just be careful, my friend.

Ricky10

Ricky10

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
you are grown so not going to preach...just be careful, my friend.
I will definitely never let myself be caught in the kratom trap again. If I do end up there, I will let you know so you can slap some sense into me. 🙅‍♂️

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I will definitely never let myself be caught in the kratom trap again. If I do end up there, I will let you know so you can slap some sense into me. 🙅‍♂️
i'm your huckleberry!!!!

Ayegee1503

Ayegee1503

Awards
I’m a recovering heroin addict and Kratom is sometimes used in that community of people to help kick heroin ... I’ve heard off those getting off heroin getting stuck on kratom ... so I would say it must be pretty strong substance when abused ...

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
I’m a recovering heroin addict and Kratom is sometimes used in that community of people to help kick heroin ... I’ve heard off those getting off heroin getting stuck on kratom ... so I would say it must be pretty strong substance when abused ...
i remember going thru the VA drug and alcohol in house 6 month rehab and guys there for heroin talking about the 'cartooning' effect they got from heroin that was lacking with methodone....big props to you for beating that monster!!!!!

Ayegee1503

Ayegee1503

Awards
i remember going thru the VA drug and alcohol in house 6 month rehab and guys there for heroin talking about the 'cartooning' effect they got from heroin that was lacking with methodone....big props to you for beating that monster!!!!!
Thank you brother it had me off and on from the age of 18 all the way till 25 ... and then I messed with it again for a couple days a few years after but I have been clean and sober now from all drugs and alcohol for 14 monthes this day ... realized my life with my wife
And two children matter so much more .... I got my self back in the gym and been going strong one day at a time

Ayegee1503

Ayegee1503

Awards
Thank you brother it had me off and on from the age of 18 all the way till 25 ... and then I messed with it again for a couple days a few years after but I have been clean and sober now from all drugs and alcohol for 14 monthes this day ... realized my life with my wife
And two children matter so much more .... I got my self back in the gym and been going strong one day at a time

thebigt

thebigt

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • The BigT Award
  • Established
  • Legend!
  • RockStar
  • First Up Vote
yes sir, one day at a time.

tremendous respect for you!!!!

John Smeton

John Smeton

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I know its cliche, and so basic , the best thing about dependent preventative is to hit the problem off before it begins

After CBD and Cannabis whole thing became popular, I started smoking cannabis in 2018. Granted, Ive been into this whole building muscle, healthy-ish lifestyle since 2002, ten years ago i would have never thought twice about smoking weed, then Dorian Yates in his interviews referenced some studies I looked up and low and behold, Im convinced Cannabis is beneficial for free radicals, reducing cancer, and being psychoactive. Theres a lung study that had three groups in a twenty year study
a. Cannabis only users
b. cannabis and tobacco
c . Tobacco

cannabis and tobacco and tobacco lungs were worst, along with cancer rates worst

Cannabis only group lung didn't get any worst, in fact theyve improved, supposedly because inhaling and focusing on breathe improves lung capicty. One could say mediation could do this as well. Anyways This study is posted to shut up people who say cannabis is bad for lungs. Theres information out there that super concentrated thc concentrate kills cancer, yes shrinks and kills it! Will smoking it? No, it ll probably help control it some, but to kill it you have to get super concentrated potent liquid thc. This is hardcore information for cancer sufferers, this and keto diet are the best I know of for eliminating cancer

Ive smoked a small amount maybe a bowl or two almost everybody for a year. Recently I came across a study that is linked with Post traumatic stress disorder that cannabis decreased Rapid eye Movement sleep, so I cut back to smoking a few times a week, and my dreams became more vivid and I could remember them. While I wasn't dependent I did it for what I thought was health, and I do think it has health benefits; however I want better rem sleep and sleep in general, and for that reason alone, I limited use of cannabis

Drunken Master

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Kratom any time pre workout gets me bad nausea during the workout. Unless it's at a dosage that is not noticable. And if it's not noticable what's the point

Kratom and workout doesn't go together at all

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Kratom any time pre workout gets me bad nausea during the workout. Unless it's at a dosage that is not noticable. And if it's not noticable what's the point

Kratom and workout doesn't go together at all
I find that if not sufficiently hydrated, Kratom can make me nauseous. If I'm well hydrated, it isn't an issue.

Drunken Master

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
I find that if not sufficiently hydrated, Kratom can make me nauseous. If I'm well hydrated, it isn't an issue.
I have found kratom and movement = nausea. Even if I am on kratom and watch a YouTube video with an iinteresting new exercise or something, and go in my garage and try it with an empty bar I get so nauseaous that I am almost ready to throw up, from lying down on the bench and getting up alone. I tried white kratom but I never found it to be stimulating for training. Either I take a tiny bit of kratom thats not even noticable and in no way mind altering, stimulating or whatever, or I take more and and am unable to move because I get nauseaous.

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I have found kratom and movement = nausea. Even if I am on kratom and watch a YouTube video with an iinteresting new exercise or something, and go in my garage and try it with an empty bar I get so nauseaous that I am almost ready to throw up, from lying down on the bench and getting up alone. I tried white kratom but I never found it to be stimulating for training. Either I take a tiny bit of kratom thats not even noticable and in no way mind altering, stimulating or whatever, or I take more and and am unable to move because I get nauseaous.
Kratom is funny. Some Kratom I'll feel like you feel. Other Kratom, and absolutely no nausea. Have you tried multiple vendors? Not all Kratom is created equally, as all have varying levels of alkaloids, different drying process, age of leaf, flood season or not.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Maybe try delta8 instead of kratom
I personally use a good amount of delta 8. Have a great source for it as well.

titanium3m

Awards
I am 53 and experience trouble urinating and Bph accompanied by itchy scalp and hair loss.

titanium3m

Awards
Sorry I did not specifically mention that all those were side effects of my Kratom use. On a positive side it slows my digestive track down like an opiate. I have had a complete esphagectomy due to cancer and I’m left with 2/3 of my stomach which was pulled up and reattached to my throat. Kratom is useful to me if I know I am going to be out to diner with my wife or friends. Things seem to run right through me and I have to be aware of what I am eating and where the bathrooms are.

Ape McGrapes

Ape McGrapes

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
I loved Kratom. Nothing made me more productive at work, but with my IBS-C I'm afraid to take anything that will slow my guy motility.

There's also some evidence that Kratom can lower the seizure threshold similar to some other opiates, and I have generalized epilepsy. I'll spare my personal experience, but there are plenty of peoples personal reports out there on the internet.