First cycle: Test Cyp and maybe anavar?

S

swoll82

Awards
So, I'm planning to pull the trigger and do my first cycle. I already have some test cyp. (enough to do 300mg/week for 12-14 weeks) I know a lot of people say stick to straight test for a first cycle, but (I'm not saying this is the best reason) I'm going on a big beach vacation in about 4-5 weeks so I want atleast a little kick start so I can have some solid results by then. I can get my hands on whatever I want for the most part. My main concerns as far as sides are that I'm getting pretty thin in the hair department and I think I may be slightly prone to gyno. I've read that dbol is hard on the hair and it seems like anavar is a better way to go in that aspect. I was thinking of weeks 1-12 test cyp and weeks 1-5 anavar 50-80? Does this sound reasonable and if so is clomid alone ok for PCT? I've also thought about EQ since you can take propecia with it from what I've read. Money isnt really a concern. (kinda like a tattoo if you're gonna do it, do it right, dont skimp because of money) Neither is frequency of shots or needles as I work in a hospital and shots dont bother me at all. My stats are: 30yo, 5'10" 183 pounds. I have a real solid core with some chicken legs and my arms are coming along but not huge. Hoping to add some size to my arms and legs while maybe dropping a little BF and hopefully not lose the hair I have left! Thanks in advance!

T

TFlifting

Awards
I would personally do winstrol over anavar, but that's just a personal choice, do some research on what you think is best. I definitely wouldn't go with d-Bol, it may get you a bit bigger in that time frame but it will be a fair amount of water retention and high probability of gyno, go with anavar or winstrol and clomid as pct is fine, but you could throw in nolva to

broda

broda

Awards
  • Established
Winstrol is used as a cutting agent at the end of cycles. You don't use it as a kick starter.

S

swoll82

Awards
Why the winny over anavar TF? Is there a reason, that's your personal opinion? I seem to hear a lot of mixed opinions on anavar. I hear a lot of people saying they get awesome gains (more strength, but some size) with no sides on a straight var cycle. But then a lot of people say its retarded for a guy to take just anavar without some test. If there are practically no sides (atleast the ones I'm more concerned about) to anavar I dont see what the down side of either scenario is...Like I said, hair loss and gyno are the two things that I want to keep to a minimum. Any more thoughts? Apoligies in advance if there's a thread I missed, but I've read a lot of contradicting opinions so far. Just trying to get some clarity.

T

TFlifting

Awards
Winstrol is used as a cutting agent at the end of cycles. You don't use it as a kick starter.
Yes but he said something to do with the beach in 5 weeks or something, and I say winny over anavar simply for your goals, as a kick start anavar is what you want, simply for the strength gains. But as for body shape for you beach thing? Winny will UNDOUBTEDLY have you looking better than the anavar. If you were only looking for strength gains to kick start cycle I would go anavar but winny will give you more what your looking for before the actual cycle kicks in. So Broda, I don't know if you still disagree with me but if you look at his goals, I am right

S

swoll82

Awards
Yea my goal is to put on a little lean mass and keep it, but if I'm gonna do a cycle, I might as well kick off with something that'll get me looking pretty beastly at the beach next month and then just keep running the test til I'm out in 12-14 weeks, right? Thanks for the input.

S

swoll82

Awards
So I'm about a week and a half in on the test/var. (I decided on 250mg/cyp every 5days and 50mg/var ED) The actual shots of cyp dont bother me but holy hell the muscle hurts like a bitch around day 2-3 after the shot. After the first shot I thought my cyp was contaminated or something (its axio labs), but it subsides after a few days and it never gets red or hot so I guess my muscles just arent used to IM shots of such a thick substance. I can already tell a difference in strength gains and general hardness. I used to rep 225 about 16 times when I weighed 210. I'm hitting that again already. The best I've done at my current weight (183ish)was maybe 12-13 reps until now. Pumps are freakin killer. I havent noticed any fat loss as of yet, but I'll post some pics and updates with a little more time.

S

swoll82

Awards
I also meant to throw an idea out there. I was considering stoppng the anavar after week 3, taking a week or 2 off of orals (while continuing the cyp) and then throw winstrol in for my last 2-3 weeks to lean out more. So it would look something like this:
weeks 1-8:test cyp 250mg every 5days
weeks 1-3 anavar 50mg ED
weeks 6-8 winstol 50mg ED
weeks 1-8 arm .25 ED
clomid for PCT
Anyone see a problem with that? Good idea or bad? (I know someone's gonna tell me to keep the test running for longer. I may do 10-12 weeks but I'd like to keep it shorter)

lboston

lboston

Awards
Why keep it shorter? I'm curious as I was planning on doing an eight week as well.

S

swoll82

Awards
Why keep it shorter? I'm curious as I was planning on doing an eight week as well.
Its my first cycle. I just wanna see how my body reacts both on cycle and post cycle. Also my hair has gotten real thin on top in the last few years and I'm hoping to go another year or 2 before I start shaving my head. I know the test is gonna increase my hair loss, so I'd rather keep this cycle short and once I kiss my hair goodbye in another year I'll do a longer cycle and see what kind of gains I can make.

lboston

lboston

Awards
Its my first cycle. I just wanna see how my body reacts both on cycle and post cycle. Also my hair has gotten real thin on top in the last few years and I'm hoping to go another year or 2 before I start shaving my head. I know the test is gonna increase my hair loss, so I'd rather keep this cycle short and once I kiss my hair goodbye in another year I'll do a longer cycle and see what kind of gains I can make.
Makes sense. My thoughts exactly--minus the hair concerns.