Firearm enthusiasts thread GTFIH!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Alriiiiiiiight!

Since this is a hardcore forum i thought it may be a good idea to have a thread of this type!

Post up pics of your firearms and perhaps tell us a story about your most memorable moments as far as shooting goes, whether its hunting or competitive shooting.

You can also discuss why you prefer a certain caliber, whether you prefer handguns or long guns etc etc

Bring it on!

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
IMG_3930.JPG

I have several firearms, as does my wife BUT these are the two I shoot the most. Building a 300blk out well.

Only reason I prefer 9mm as my EDC is because round capacity and well any HP is going to stop a threat, idc what you chamber.

Last edited:
tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Dupe

Last edited:

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
View attachment 195924

I have several guns, as does my wife BUT these are the two I shoot the most. Building a 300blk out well.

Only reason I prefer 9mm as my EDC is because round capacity and well any HP is going to stop a threat, idc what you chamber.
You’re correct.....it’s all about shot placement! It doesn’t matter what handgun round you’re shouting, if you’re not putting high quality carry ammo in the thoracic area or the face, you’re not going to stop the threat. It kills me that there’s people that think a 45 ACP round will take someone’s arm off!

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
300blk is very interesting as you can use subsonic rounds and suppressed its pretty darn quiet.

I got a 8 X 57 heavy hitter, semi auto, also toying with an idea of reloading some subsonic rounds, this damn thing is loud as hell.

@tyga tyga is that a 16 inch barrel on, i pressume, an AR in .223?

I dont undwrstand why some folks want short barrels with 223, makes more sense to go with .300 blk if you want a shorter rifle.

223 is a small round and therefore gets its potential from its 3000 fps+ velocity.

tyga tyga

tyga tyga

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You’re correct.....it’s all about shot placement! It doesn’t matter what handgun round you’re shouting, if you’re not putting high quality carry ammo in the thoracic area or the face, you’re not going to stop the threat. It kills me that there’s people that think a 45 ACP round will take someone’s arm off!
I typically train upper thoracic

300blk is very interesting as you can use subsonic rounds and suppressed its pretty darn quiet.

I got a 8 X 57 heavy hitter, semi auto, also toying with an idea of reloading some subsonic rounds, this damn thing is loud as hell.

@tyga tyga is that a 16 inch barrel on, i pressume, an AR in .223?

I dont undwrstand why some folks want short barrels with 223, makes more sense to go with .300 blk if you want a shorter rifle.

223 is a small round and therefore gets its potential from its 3000 fps+ velocity.
Yeah it’s a 16in barrel.

Yeah, The 300blk is going to be a SBR for home defense, especially if I’m not home and my wife and daughter are. My wife can “brace” it and have steady follow up shots with better groupings. Easier to control recoil.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
View attachment 195945View attachment 195943
.223 custom hydro dipped. Being a savage axis you can leave the mag in while it’s dismantled. Came out beautifully and was used for hunting. Problem being it’s such a fast round it cauterizes the exit wound. Deer just run off to not be seen for a week.
Even with soft points?

Damn i am trying to find some hollow points in 8 x 57 but cant seem to find them around here. I got some soft points which are loaded pretty hot (npticeably hotter than surplus fmj) but i am a bit worried there wont be enough expansion.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I’ve got an AR and a couple of pistols- Glock 34 for target shooting, shield .40 by my bed, and a ruger lcp for my ccw.

I want a scar 17 SBR so bad, along with a 5-7. Those are the next two firearms I plan on purchasing. Might be a while, as that rifle is gonna be about $8k to have built before optics.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
I’ve got an AR and a couple of pistols- Glock 34 for target shooting, shield .40 by my bed, and a ruger lcp for my ccw.

I want a scar 17 SBR so bad, along with a 5-7. Those are the next two firearms I plan on purchasing. Might be a while, as that rifle is gonna be about $8k to have built before optics.
I actually want an AR but have no practical use for it. I got a heavy hitter for when i am in bear country and countryside defense.

a handgun is better for defense when i am in a town.

But AR seems so fun to shoot

So does a bolt action yugo mauser, so does a beretta 92fs...you see where i am going with it 😁

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
I actually want an AR but have no practical use for it. I got a heavy hitter for when i am in bear country and countryside defense.

a handgun is better for defense when i am in a town.

But AR seems so fun to shoot

So does a bolt action yugo mauser, so does a beretta 92fs...you see where i am going with it 😁
Yeah i really want a precision rifle, but such a waste of money considering i have nowhere to shoot it.

CroLifter

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Rifle.jpg

Here is my 8 X 57 semi auto. Looks like an oversized AK but really, it is more accurate and it will shoot as well as either a shooter or ammo will allow (cheap military surplus is fun for plinking and shooting steel but not the most accuaret obviously, especially since its Yugo military surplus).

10 shot mags, 22 inch barrel. Thinking about getting a 20 round mag, but really, not sure if I need it, perhaps for a piece of mind.
Stock is actually really comfortable, thought it was going to be weird when i bought it (was a great deal, got a nice optic with it) but it really pleasantly surprised me.

I like it how it looks like "a bad guy's" rifle :ROFLMAO:

New2this40

New2this40

Awards
Even with soft points?

Damn i am trying to find some hollow points in 8 x 57 but cant seem to find them around here. I got some soft points which are loaded pretty hot (npticeably hotter than surplus fmj) but i am a bit worried there wont be enough expansion.
Hollow points but it’s sighted in on reloads. So we don’t change the ammo up in it. We make ours a little hotter than store bought.

lukehayd

lukehayd

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Even with soft points?

You can go to ammoseek dot com and find what you want. I use this search engine for reloading components as well.
As far as expansion, the soft points will expand very well. The thing I hate about soft points is their soft points. They get distorted at the tip and cause piss poor accuracy at distance.

BloodManor

BloodManor

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those are some beauties
I have a glock 19 as my daily carry and duty firearm. And a s&w sd9 as my home gun when my wife is home alone. I have small kids so my collection is small right now. All my long arms are at my dads house

thorsdad31

thorsdad31

Awards
  • Established
2 of my 9 firearms rock island vr80 and Rock island 1911 chambered in 45
Those are some beauties
I have a glock 19 as my daily carry and duty firearm. And a s&w sd9 as my home gun when my wife is home alone. I have small kids so my collection is small right now. All my long arms are at my dads house
Stay safe out there🙏🙏