Finding an optimal weight?

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Does anyone find at a certain weight that their BP goes up, get winded easily resting HR goes up? For instance when I get close to 230lbs I get all of these. If I stay around 220lbs it seems much better. I’m on a 5’11” frame and in the teens in Body fat.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Weight really has little to do on this on a global look. Each person is different. Muscle weighs more than fat, so weight changes things as you increase muscle mass as well, without an increase in BF. I would get an Omron if your that concerned so you can track in some sort of way.

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Weight really has little to do on this on a global look. Each person is different. Muscle weighs more than fat, so weight changes things as you increase muscle mass as well, without an increase in BF. I would get an Omron if your that concerned so you can track in some sort of way.
Not so much concerned as curious. I know Seth Feroce talks about this. I would have to think there’s an optimal amount of lean mass for ones frame.

Using me as an example my goal has always been 235lbs and 10% bf. But if I’m out of breath all the time and my bp is always elevated then that’s not really feasible. My guess would be this is due to more lean mass without the conditioning to carry it around on a daily basis possibly?

Mathb33

Mathb33

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
This used to happen to me when I dirty bulked back then. Made me feel like ****

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
This used to happen to me when I dirty bulked back then. Made me feel like ****
Yeah for sure, if I’m pounding a lot of carbs then I feel that way at any weight. Right now I’m lean bulking/recomping. I’m Intermittent fasting with a carb cycling diet.

Does the weight affect you or just the diet?

jdm23

Awards
  • Established
Just an update. I’m weighing in right at 230 but I added in Cardarine for the cholesterol benefits. Since then I’ve noticed my resting HR is down, BP is down and I don’t get winded doing normal stuff. I think it’s safe to say may cardio just wasn’t up to carrying 230lbs.