Finasteride(Propecia) and Prohormones

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Currently on a cycle of Dmz 50mgs and Msten 20mgs. Question I have is does propecia hinder the prohormones?

bradleyt1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Propecia will do absolutely nothing for helping hair loss on prohormones if that’s your concern. Remember all it does is block the 5 alpha reductase enzyme which convert testosterone to DHT.. prohormones for the most part are already Androgenic in their own state and don’t require the 5 AR enzyme to convert into a more Androgenic compound.. really the only compound finasteride will help with is testosterone.. go watch on YouTube Derek from “more plates more dates” and he just posted a video on finasteride. The dude is brilliant.. him and Greg doucette are by far my go tos when it comes to anything bodybuilding advice..

Potbelly

Potbelly

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer
Propecia will do absolutely nothing for helping hair loss on prohormones if that’s your concern. Remember all it does is block the 5 alpha reductase enzyme which convert testosterone to DHT.. prohormones for the most part are already Androgenic in their own state and don’t require the 5 AR enzyme to convert into a more Androgenic compound.. really the only compound finasteride will help with is testosterone.. go watch on YouTube Derek from “more plates more dates” and he just posted a video on finasteride. The dude is brilliant.. him and Greg doucette are by far my go tos when it comes to anything bodybuilding advice..
Thanks. I have heard so many different sides on this subject. Will check out video

timberx

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
Maybe a bit offtopic, but has anyone recently tried research chem. RU58841 for hair loss? I am planning on running a M-Sten cycle later this year and I heard finasteride/dutasteride does nothing to prevent hair loss when taken with prohormones. I am already using Nizoral 2% and Minoxidil daily.