Finasteride & Estrogen Control

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Hey,

I'm just wondering what the safest compound to use to control estrogen would be while using Finasteride?

Last time I took the drug, I gained four kilos in 2 weeks. I had really dry skin too.

It took me at a while to figure out, this was probably from a rise in estrogen.

I actually had hormonal blood work done, and the one thing my GP forgot was to include estrogen. So I'm thinking of starting the drug again and this time I'm going to do a full panel again. However, I do want to try and avoid gaining 4 kilos of water!

Would natural supplementation such as Dim or I3C be enough?

In the past, I have found some natural supplements have caused a bit of an itchy nipple! I did take Finasteride for 12 months last time before I stopped.

So I'm just looking for ways to combat it long term if need be.

Thanks for any tips!

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I'm wondering if it's not so much high estrogen and instead low DHT not doing its job of drying you out. What does fin are you on? If you're looking to reduce water weight I recommend either SNS Inhibit-E or Apex Alchemy Arimahex.
It's odd right, because my skin dried up but I gained 4kgs in 2 weeks!

After 3 months I did another blood test, my DHT dropped 17%< this was on .5 EOD.
I believe dosing every other day was causing some hormone issues, once I started dosing every single day the wide effects improved.

My strength went up at the gym, but I was definitely holding alot of water because I normally look reasonably dry.

Eventually I went from .5 tablet to 1mg everyday and nothing actually changed.

In terms of estrogen control, I'm also looking for the most cost-effective solution.

Last edited:
Oliver Kween

Oliver Kween

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
You talkt about some product like Aromatase inihb.. Yes, so why not : Inhibit-E and Toremifen...
You dont talk about your Free T ? an Total T ?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You talkt about some product like Aromatase inihb.. Yes, so why not : Inhibit-E and Toremifen...
You dont talk about your Free T ? an Total T ?
They're not really cost effective for me.

I'm in Australia, with our currency & shipping charges or costs 2X more minimum.(I know SNS does good deals on deal, but they have a 3 month rule in Australia, but I'm sure 6 bottles buy would be okay)

I am just looking at all recommended options, then price aside I can see what is the most manageable.

I can try find my old blood work, and check my Free T & Total T. I just figured because I got itchy nipples it was my estrogen.

What else would dry skin, cause huge eater gain in a short period of time?

The blood work was day 1 to around day 90, half a table .5 EOD dosing. I do remember the reduction in DHT was 17% and my DHT originally was just below AVG.

Oliver Kween

Oliver Kween

Awards
  • Best Answer
  • Established
Precisely, aromatase inhibitors dry out. That's why using one can be more complicated. Either there is an incompatibility somewhere with your supplements.

I'm not a hard Finasteride user, I can't comment on it, sorry.

I would have offered you EPIandro, but he is also dry...

Do you also have dry joint sensations? muscle pain ?.

LGD40 is wet. But it's a sarms.

The only "small" solution I can suggest would be to do with Omega 3, taurine, Agmantine, Tudca and NAC. coconut oil for the skin (massage). DHEA like Hyperion and evening B-AET @apex ).

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Precisely, aromatase inhibitors dry out. That's why using one can be more complicated. Either there is an incompatibility somewhere with your supplements.

I'm not a hard Finasteride user, I can't comment on it, sorry.

I would have offered you EPIandro, but he is also dry...

Do you also have dry joint sensations? muscle pain ?.

LGD40 is wet. But it's a sarms.

The only "small" solution I can suggest would be to do with Omega 3, taurine, Agmantine, Tudca and NAC. coconut oil for the skin (massage). DHEA like Hyperion and evening B-AET @apex ).
I don't recall having sore joints.

Dry skin, itchy skin, no libido and rapid weight gain of 4kgs in 2 weeks.

I looked very flat, so I'm not sure what made me hold that much water.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I would try to get tested to see what your estrogen is before playing with it. Finasteride has been shown to increase testosterone which can aromatize into estrogen but I don't believe it should be anything significant. But if you're dead set on running something I would focus on an OTC product like Inhibit E.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I would try to get tested to see what your estrogen is before playing with it. Finasteride has been shown to increase testosterone which can aromatize into estrogen but I don't believe it should be anything significant. But if you're dead set on running something I would focus on an OTC product like Inhibit E.
I will get it tested this time, Dr forgot to add it last time.

The thing is, I gained 4kgs in a 2 week timeframe straight away!

I don't really want to be carrying 4L of extra water, it's very difficult to look lean at all. You look puffy literally always! It's ****.

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I will get it tested this time, Dr forgot to add it last time.

The thing is, I gained 4kgs in a 2 week timeframe straight away!

I don't really want to be carrying 4L of extra water, it's very difficult to look lean at all. You look puffy literally always! It's ****.
Yeah you have to get tested then. That's a huge weight increase in 2 weeks. Even if the extra test aromatizes into estrogen that seems like a hell of a lot. I'm not sure what's going on here.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Are you using oral fin or topical fin?
I am using topical now, but back then I was using oral.

I think maybe EOD dosing was playing havoc on my body, when I started taking daily things seem to improve.

Yeah you have to get tested then. That's a huge weight increase in 2 weeks. Even if the extra test aromatizes into estrogen that seems like a hell of a lot. I'm not sure what's going on here.
Yeah, my balls literally shriveled overnight!

When I blew a few days later, literally nothing came out!

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I am using topical now, but back then I was using oral.

I think maybe EOD dosing was playing havoc on my body, when I started taking daily things seem to improve.

Yeah, my balls literally shriveled overnight!

When I blew a few days later, literally nothing came out!
I've never tried the oral but have been using the topical and can't say I've experienced anything even close to this. I've heard of some sexual related side effects from finasteride but I never actually experienced or knew anyone personally who ever had them. Have you tried going off of it? And if you did, did things go back to normal?

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I've never tried the oral but have been using the topical and can't say I've experienced anything even close to this. I've heard of some sexual related side effects from finasteride but I never actually experienced or knew anyone personally who ever had them. Have you tried going off of it? And if you did, did things go back to normal?
I stayed on for 12 months, then went off.

Things went back to normal, maybe after 12 months.

I've read of plenty of people having high estrogen while using Finasteride
You can find plenty of information about people complaining in regards to itchy nipples etc

Topical has given me no sides, however it doesn't seem to be working as I'm still losing around.

I just had my blood work done today, and I may try going back to oral. I've had no luck with Minoxidil, I think I've been taking it for 11 months!

So now my options are going back to oral for an asteroid, considering oral minoxidil, start using derma rolling and I did buy 7 months worth of RU!

Stacks1

Awards
  • Established
  • RockStar
I stayed on for 12 months, then went off.

Things went back to normal, maybe after 12 months.

I've read of plenty of people having high estrogen while using Finasteride
You can find plenty of information about people complaining in regards to itchy nipples etc

Topical has given me no sides, however it doesn't seem to be working as I'm still losing around.

I just had my blood work done today, and I may try going back to oral. I've had no luck with Minoxidil, I think I've been taking it for 11 months!

So now my options are going back to oral for an asteroid, considering oral minoxidil, start using derma rolling and I did buy 7 months worth of RU!
Well I guess it could make sense. If you block conversion to DHT and increase test levels you can get more aromatization of estrogen. But it would be interesting to see what the actual hormone levels look like. I've seen some blood work done on finasteride and while I have seen test go up I haven't seen any significant increases in estrogen, although I am sure that could definitely be a different case for some other people.

AdelV

AdelV

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Well I guess it could make sense. If you block conversion to DHT and increase test levels you can get more aromatization of estrogen. But it would be interesting to see what the actual hormone levels look like. I've seen some blood work done on finasteride and while I have seen test go up I haven't seen any significant increases in estrogen, although I am sure that could definitely be a different case for some other people.
I have no idea 💡

This time around, I had it tested.

This time around I will not dose every other day, I would dose every morning.

My strength did increase last time, I absolutely know that because my bench went up a solid 10-20kgs.

The reason why it was so weird that I gained weight is, I sat at 99 kilos for a very long time and never cracked 100 kilos.

I started taking for an asteroid, and within 2 weeks I was 103 kilos!

I do have DIM on hand, so unfortunately if I start taking that when I take Finasteride to try and counteract water gain if that's what it was, it may affect my blood work in 3 months time.

So I have to make a choice.

When I was dosing half a pill every other day, my DHT did decrease 17.5%, and my cholesterol had increased. These are the things I recall off the top of my head, but I would dig up the blood work.