Finally free! First time with the real thing!

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
What's up dudes and ladies?
I used to be a pretty active member of the site but work and transition got in the way. Will get back into being super active.

I've been wanting to run a real cycle for a while but I just got out of the Marine Corps 8 months ago so it's finally time. I will be taking the plunge tomorrow.

I have ran a few pro hormone cycles prior so I have a knowledge base and expectations.

Cycle will be as follows

Weeks 1-12
500mg Test E
Weeks 1-5
60mg DMZ for kicker
Weeks 1-12
Aromasin 12.5mg EOD
Weeks 1-5
Arimicare pro

PCT
Clomid
50/50/25/25
Nolva
20/20/10/10
Super PCT
DMA

Diet will be a cut/maintenance. Will start out 2400 calories for first month and tweak from there. Goal is adding as much lean mass as possible while bringing my fat down.

Will do before and after pics.
Currently 18.3% Bf (I'm a trainer so I have access to a bod pod)
25 years old.

Haven't exactly narrowed my training split down but will either run a modified PHAT, Push/Pull, or GVT.

If I left out any information let me know! I hope to have a few of you in on the ride!

AnabolicGuru

AnabolicGuru

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Have you ran dymethazine before?

Jebrook

Jebrook

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Subbed. All 3 programs are great. I would definitely roll with GVT or a modified PHAT. Layout looks perfect.

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
I remember your Trest/DMZ log, this should be great man.

bradray5871

Awards
looks like a great cycle for a recomp, will be watching. Good luck!

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Well first pin went down smooth as jack honey. 250 right quad.

Decided on my routine, walked into the gym and just jumped to what felt right. Modified PHAT

Upper body power day went as such

Barbell bench press
255 X 5
275 X 5
300 X 3

Pendlay row superset
225 X 5
225 X 5
225 X 4

Weighted pull ups
55 X 8
55x 7
55 X 7

Dumbbell shoulder press
75x8
80x 6
80 X 6

Only posting weights for big lifts

Finished off with super sets of
Hammer curls
Overhead tricep extension
Barbell shrugs

Preacher curls
Cable extensions
Dumbbell shrugs.

So pumped to see how well this run goes!

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
I don't recommend pinning a quad for the first time a day before leg day

Dma378

Dma378

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
LOL quads by far are the most sensitive to the first couple pins. After 2 or 3 they'll get used to it.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
I don't recommend pinning a quad for the first time a day before leg day
First quad pin was this morning, leg day is tomorrow. Wish I would have read this about 9am today. My right leg is sore like I got knuckle punched to the thigh.

Keep up the great work, btw from one veteran to another thank you for your service.

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
First quad pin was this morning, leg day is tomorrow. Wish I would have read this about 9am today. My right leg is sore like I got knuckle punched to the thigh.

Keep up the great work, btw from one veteran to another thank you for your service.
Same to you boss! Do you have a log for your cycle? I wanna check it out

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Leg day is actually going pretty smooth right now despite the soreness. Will update when completed

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Same to you boss! Do you have a log for your cycle? I wanna check it out
Only on day 11 but here's my log. I've been told I'm being too thorough, but that's just how I am.

Well crap, I don't have enough posts to add a link to this. It's called "my first cycle" if you search for my started threads.

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Legs and abs today, going slow with legs after coming off an SI injury.

Back squat
225 X 10
275 X 8
315 X8
335 X 6
365 X 5

Front squats
225 X 5 for 3 sets

Then hit leg press, calf raises and leg curls all for 5 sets of 12-15.

Abs were decline sit ups, knee raises, leg lifts, and cable crunches. All in all I feel great. The leg day definitely helped break apart the quad soreness.

Also I started DMZa week early so I can tell I'm already started to see some effects from it.

Tomorrow will be an active rest day. Probably a HIIT circuit or a quick 2 mile run. Haven't decided yet, it's ****ing snowing here in April

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Those look like some intense squat sessions. Great work! How's the quad feeling after working it out?

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
It felt good while I was lifting but now that I'm back with clients it's stiff and sore as balls haha.

My max squat is around 450. But I've taken a few months off of legs due to my SI.

Legs are my absolutely favorite

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Yessir. Royally screwed it up doing deficit deadlifts in January

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Second pin this morning. Did opposite quad. **** these quads man. Doing delts next time.

Back and shoulders today. DMZ is definitely doing its thing. Feeling pumped and solid as ever before.

Pendlay rows
185 X 12 for 5 sets
Weighted pulls ups
17.5 X 12 for 4

Single arm rows
Wide grip Lat pull downs

Shoulder press
65 X 15 for 4 sets
Superset barbell shrugs

Upright rows superset dumbbell shrugs

Lateral raises and plate raises

Calories today fell short. About 2200. I have been on the go since 0500 and I won't get home until 1030 so I accidentally packed light. Bright and early clients tomorrow too so it'll be interesting to see how training goes.

Can't wait to get away from being a trainer. Hours are killing me.

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
When do you plan on getting blood work done? I'm also a trainer so I know how grueling the hours can be. And I'm with you on quads, my right quad finally feels good and tomorrow I'm supposed to pin my left one.

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
When do you plan on getting blood work done? I'm also a trainer so I know how grueling the hours can be. And I'm with you on quads, my right quad finally feels good and tomorrow I'm supposed to pin my left one.
Got bloods done 2 weeks ago. Will do them again following completion of PCT. and that's exactly how my quads just went haha it sucks. Have legs again tomorrow too which blows

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
No mid cycle blood work? What if your gear is bunk and you waste all that time? I guess I'm still just too new to this and don't trust my source even though they have good reviews.

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Well known source, plenty of friends used with great results. Plus lethargy from DMZ will let me know if it's working or not. If I feel bad enough i'll get mid cycle bloods but usually not

criticalbench

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
Everything looks good to me..

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Smashed some chest and arms yesterday. Today was a full work day but a nice day off from the gym. Gonna high carb REFEED and smash some upper body power tomorrow.

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Update. Alpha male feelings are getting strong. Not standoffish but definitely not shying away from any confrontation at work lately. As a trainer I need to watch that haha.

Upper body power from yesterday. Big take aways
Barbell bench - 275x6 and a 300 X 4
Pendlay rows-235x5 for 3 sets
Dumbbell shoulder press - 3 sets of 7 with 85.

Getting back into big boy weight with squats again

Today
365x7
385 X 3
405 X 2.

Mind you this is all on <2400 calories. Usually around 200-250g carbs. So to be getting back up into this weight (and feeling great all day) this is all working well.

On day 11 with DMZ and just started week 2 with test. Libido is through the roof (wife is stoked) and blood pressure and everything else is good.

Gonna attempt to run a 5k tomorrow (shin pumps usually cripple me while on gear) but we shall see.

Can't wait to get into the meat of this cycle and see what it produces. Bf is down at least 1-2% as well as looking fuller. All is well!

Socalmk6gti

Socalmk6gti

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Great numbers on those squats! Looks like you're maintaining strength or even getting stronger

Night hog

Banned
Awards
I have 3-4 12 week plus cycles under my belt and never injected in my quads. I only went delts and outer glutes. Heard horror stories about the pain and blood squirted out so I avoided having to pin there.

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Still feel pumped from my workout this morning.

Life update:

One of the gyms I train at is closing. Decided it's a good thing and I'm gonna use it to focus hardcore on school. Since I'm 25 it's time to get the **** done already. GI Bill should cover me money wise. Plan is to go to Law school. LSATs will be in February. So hopefully I can get this done!

Cycle update:

Effin love this feeling. Did back and shoulders this Morning, 12 hours later I still feel pumped. Hit a new PR on Pendlay Rows. 185 X 15 so that's pretty exciting.

Today was all hypertrophy work, no big numbers to post. People are starting to notice though. I can only imagine how i'll be doing 7 more weeks down the road. Blood pressure and everything is still good.

Anyone have any thoughts on using a caffeine less preworkout that has 1,3 in it? Asking for blood pressure sake, however can't find anything on the issue.

Gonna do a hypertrophy leg day tomorrow. Maybe light deadlifts depending on how my back is doing

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Damn been almost a week since I updated. Life caught up with me.

Lifts have been going fantastic though. I'm still eating in a deficit around 2400 right now and gonna maintain that. My weight is up to 219. I'll have to check where that is up from but definitely gained a few lbs.

Couple lifts of note from the last few days.

I hit a 365x8 squat the other day. It felt ****in great. Haven't hit that since a year or 2 ago so strength even in a caloric deficit is great so far.

Bench hit 300 X 4
And 275 X 7 in the last couple sessions. Bench is my weakest lift by far so it's nice to see it improving steadily.

Back pumps have since started and are a ****ing nightmare. Thought I had taurine but just had to re order some.

My libido has also officially become an issue haha. I mean a good issue, the wife doesn't know what hit her it's kinda hilarious. Hoping this keeps up.

2 more weeks of DMZ at 60mg then coasting for 2 months with just Test. What kind of drop off should I expect once I let off the DMZ?

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Last few workouts have been kinda eh. Lack of sleep has been killing me. I wake up around 530 am everyday regardless of when I go to bed of have to get up so I've been pretty tired.

Weight is up to 221 still slimming down though. Vascularity is coming through slowly but surely. I've never been a very vascular guy though.

Upper and lower body power days the next 3 days. Will post videos and pics

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Felt. Like. A. Beast. Today.

Only posting squat numbers.

365 X 3
385 X 3
405 X 3
415 X 3
425 X 3.

More volume then I wanted, however the weight felt crazy light. I easily could've hit 435 for a set of 3.

This is also on sub <150g carbs pre workout.

So far this is a fantastic cycle, I couldn't be happier. Getting closer and closer to where I was hoping to be by the end.

YoungBodyBuil

Banned
Awards
Felt. Like. A. Beast. Today.

Only posting squat numbers.

365 X 3
385 X 3
405 X 3
415 X 3
425 X 3.

More volume then I wanted, however the weight felt crazy light. I easily could've hit 435 for a set of 3.

This is also on sub <150g carbs pre workout.

So far this is a fantastic cycle, I couldn't be happier. Getting closer and closer to where I was hoping to be by the end.
Glad to hear man, you have some monstrous lifts, do you eat Pre WO devil dogs? I used to love DD's as a kid lol

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Not even a little bit sore today. This is fantastic. 2 weeks of DMZ left. Anyone know what kind of drop off if any I should expect?

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Well wife and I today came to the conclusion it's divorce time. Sucks because she's taking my kids 7000 miles away. So workouts will probably either be intense as **** or lackluster. **** sucks

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Damn dude, that's rough, your emotions are going to be pretty raw in the gym. I recently reconciled with my wife after nearly 3 months after coming clean about an affair. In my experience the gym was a double edged sword. Your workouts are intense as **** but when you're finishing up and leaving the place all the bull**** your mind hasn't been processing while you were lifting kicks in the door and just floods your brain.

Surround yourself with a good support group while you're going through this. A good friend or 2 will do you way more good than 12 beers right now, especially since the alcohol could tear you up on cycle.

Sending good mojo your way bro!

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Damn dude, that's rough, your emotions are going to be pretty raw in the gym. I recently reconciled with my wife after nearly 3 months after coming clean about an affair. In my experience the gym was a double edged sword. Your workouts are intense as **** but when you're finishing up and leaving the place all the bull**** your mind hasn't been processing while you were lifting kicks in the door and just floods your brain.

Surround yourself with a good support group while you're going through this. A good friend or 2 will do you way more good than 12 beers right now, especially since the alcohol could tear you up on cycle.

Sending good mojo your way bro!
Hey thanks boss I appreciate the advice. I'm not much of a drinker anyway so i'll kick that. Probably have 1 night once I'm off orals. But I'd rather just slay the gym day in and day out

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Hit legs again today. Was supposed to be a hypertrophy day but said **** it.

5x5

Only hit 3 on my last 405. But felt ****in great.

Then 5x5 front squats with 245, then hit some abs calves and bounced off into work.

Back and shoulder hypertrophy day tomorrow (switched chest and arms to day 3 instead of 5)

Still feel like a beast and I'm leaning out nicely while adding strength and size

lifted67

lifted67

Awards
  • Established
Awesome #s

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Absolutely ****ty upper body day yesterday.

Hit up a new gym in the area (certified powerlifting gym) and hit a 435 squat for 3. All it took was a few minor tweaks in form.

Gonna get in for a deep tissue, and the chiropractor this week. Feeling kinda stuff lately

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Did back and shoulders hypertrophy yesterday. Spine is feeling funky from all the heavy squats.

Have a 9 hour tattoo session today, so no gym until tomorrow

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Notes from yesterday

Seated dumbbell press
85 for a 5x10 so that's a first. Felt great. Not even remotely sore today.

Dropping the DMZ after today as well. It has treated me well.

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Any thoughts on finishing the cycle off with some Winny? Or should I just leave it with the test?

Also will I see a huge drop off when I ditch the DMZ

Devildog_

Devildog_

Awards
Life. I think everyone vanished anyway.

Bf% is still steadily dropping.

Noticed a decent drop off after stopping the DMZ but nothing crazy. Might up the test here soon.

Eatin 2300 calories and adding HIIT this week.