Unanswered Fertility protocol on gear?

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
On HCG at the moment but does anyone have a particular protocol for fertility while on gear/TRT?

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Are you actively trying to get your wife/gf pregnant?

ValiantThor08

ValiantThor08

Board Sponsor
Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
HCG. Maybe 25mg clomid. Research herbs that improve sperm mortality.

jrock645

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Ive read to do 500iu hcg eod until the mission is accomplished

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Me too. I just recently dropped the NPP for starters which has helped a lot with testicular function/volume even while keeping hcg constant. So I'm on TRT T-E and use HCG at 200mcg per day.

Considerd adding in Clomid on the regular, but seems unnecessary with the HCG
Also using Prami

I hope that this works for us. Only things I could think to change if we have trouble is lowering the T/total androgen load, followed by pct ing and going natty for a while, but hopefully wont come to that.

Brain5ick

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • Best Answer
Me too. I just recently dropped the NPP for starters which has helped a lot with testicular function/volume even while keeping hcg constant. So I'm on TRT T-E and use HCG at 200mcg per day.

Considerd adding in Clomid on the regular, but seems unnecessary with the HCG
Also using Prami

I hope that this works for us. Only things I could think to change if we have trouble is lowering the T/total androgen load, followed by pct ing and going natty for a while, but hopefully wont come to that.
I figure after I drop the Deca it’ll be easier. Might add clomid, heard proviron can help but not sure about that though.

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
I figure after I drop the Deca it’ll be easier. Might add clomid, heard proviron can help but not sure about that though.
Yah, drop the deca, I noticed that the NPP hindered what the HCG was doing. Upped my HCg to 200mcg per day from 100 becasue of it, dropped the NPP and all of a sudden the 200mcg feels like a lot, too much.

Proviron I would have a hard time imaging being helpful for anything other than drive and function. Studies look underwhelming on it.

Im using a little mast right now too 140mg/week, I dont think it is suppressive enough to really matter much, but we'll see. May have to drop it. Should run a proper cruise about now for healths sake anyways.

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
2 be honest I was on a strong cycle when we were trying to have our last kid. My endo had me stop taking everything didnt even do a pct. Approx 4-6 weeks later she was pregnant

suavmcgauv

Awards
  • First Up Vote
So Doctor had you stop everything, that is what I am trying to avoid with the HCG and minimal dosing of TRT. Hopefully it works. If I get to the point of cutting my TRT out completely, then I will.

cheftepesh1

cheftepesh1

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Best Answer

Rockslide

Awards
  • First Up Vote
1) HCG mimics LH, it has very weak but some FSH activity. This may keep some fertile but not others. Also the main role of HCG is to keep Leydig cells working which also serve to nourish Serotoli cells and keep them from atrophying or during.Thus, when FSH is provided the Serotoli cells can starting making sperm

2) Triptorelin is used to chemically casterate males at certain doses.Taking this not under the orders of a doctor who know was they are doing could permanently ruin your HPTA axis and make you infertile.

3) in theory clomid would be of little additional benefit. It works by blocking estrogen from binding to the pituitary and this blocks negative feedback of estrogen causing increased FSH and LH. Androgens If present though will still cause negative feedback and it won’t matter that the clomid is blocking estrogen at the pituitary.

4) some TRT doctors are using FSH or HMG for males on TRT that want to improve sperm production. You could inquire about this. I believe the rule of thumb for sperm production is about 2-3 months so it may take several months of therapy before being tested to see if it works. It’s pretty expensive medication though.

This is a journey that would benefit from having a doctor who knows what they are doing. Especially if you are on a timeline. Be wary of online advise. For example people can really mess themselves up with the wrong dose of triptorelin (self casteration)

mixedup

mixedup

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
So Doctor had you stop everything, that is what I am trying to avoid with the HCG and minimal dosing of TRT. Hopefully it works. If I get to the point of cutting my TRT out completely, then I will.
Actually it wasnt too bad stopping I just upped my kcal lowered cardio to 3x a week and looked pretty good once the water layer dropped.