Fertility Issue/TRT

SomewhatDamag

SomewhatDamag

Awards
It has been awhile, and I wasn't sure where to post this, but here's my situation:
- TRT of testosterone cyp. 180mg total per week, split into 4 doses of 45mg.
- Clomid 25mg 4 times weekly.
Sperm count: zero (notable testicular atrophy).
- Added HCG 1000iu twice weekly.
Sperm count: almost zero, but like 50. Not 50 thousand or million, 50 (much less testicular atrophy).
- Increased HCG to 2000iu twice weekly.

Since then testicular atrophy has improved further. I plan on having another sperm count done in a month or-so.

Goal: to find what gets me fertile, cryopreserve sperm for the future as an insurance policy of sorts. Ideally without ditching the TRT, but that's a last resort.

Questions:
1.) Doe anyone have experience with HMG, if so, what kind of dosing have you seen? This has been strangely difficult to find elsewhere.
2.) Any general suggestions for regaining fertility aside from cutting all the TRT? I'm especially hesitant with this because HCG has little-to-no effect on my testosterone levels, but does seem to have some effect on my fertility, so dropping to just HCG and Clomid would likely be... less-than-enjoyable.
3.) Were I to have to go the route of stopping TRT temporarily, what amount of time would a regain of "good enough for fertility" function take? Are we talking a couple weeks, a couple of months, a year, etc.?

Any recommendations would be immensely helpful. Thank you.

SomewhatDamag

SomewhatDamag

Awards
Update:
- HCG 2000iu twice weekly resulted in a sperm count of 2.1 million. Still lousy, but radically better.

mx3jice

Awards
  • First Up Vote
Seems like great progress with those numbers moving the right direction in a somewhat short period of time. Just to confirm, you are currently still on TRT? I am in a similar position with very no sperm count, on TRT and beginning to explore my options. Getting off TRT sounds dreadful. Will you keep the hcg dose at 2000 for the time being? Still contemplating adding in hmg?

SomewhatDamag

SomewhatDamag

Awards
Seems like great progress with those numbers moving the right direction in a somewhat short period of time. Just to confirm, you are currently still on TRT? I am in a similar position with very no sperm count, on TRT and beginning to explore my options. Getting off TRT sounds dreadful. Will you keep the hcg dose at 2000 for the time being? Still contemplating adding in hmg?
Yeah, still on the TRT, haven't messed with that. Coming off of it sounds like such a mess...

Speaking with my provider, I'm leaning toward increasing the HCG to 3 times per week. If that isn't getting me into the worthwhile 10 million or more count range, that's when I'll look at HMG. It seems more reasonably priced when acquired abroad.

mx3jice

Awards
  • First Up Vote
@SomewhatDamag how are things looking now? Any update you can provide? Still making efforts to see sperm count rise or were you successful with 3x week hcg @2000iu?

ChocolateClen

ChocolateClen

Awards
  • First Up Vote
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • RockStar
Actually interested because I’m not even 30 and on TRT, definitely want kids one day so I have to read in to this more