Feeling tired

Qonix

Qonix

Awards
  • Established
Hey guys, it's been a couple weeks that I almost always feel tired.. Idk the reason..
Recently I also had a deloading week and I'm actually bulking.. Still sleep at least 8 hours and not on any cycle.

What could be the reason? Any supps that could help me?

The_Old_Guy

The_Old_Guy

Awards
Get a thermometer you know is accurate (Reli-On ones are cheap at the store, about $5). The minute you wake up, before you move, take your temp. Are you above 97? Then at about 2 or 3PM, take it again. Have you reached 98.x? If the answer is 'No' to both, get your thyroid checked.

I was the same way and did some investigating. I came across this:

http://tnation.t-nation.com/free_online_forum/sports_training_performance_bodybuilding_trt/thryroid_basics

Worked for me. People will tell you all day long that modern Western country's have plenty of iodine... I say "where"? I don't eat fish/kelp and used to use Sea Salt only sparingly. Avoiding all salt because of blood pressure is also recommended by docs...if those people don't eat fish/kelp, where is the iodine coming from? 150mcg from a multi isn't a lot when deficient. It's not in Milk or Bread anymore either.

I'm irresponsible, I just bought some IOPlus 12.5mg iodine/selenium tabs, quartered them, and took one on Mon, Wed, and Fri. Don't do that, go see a medical professional... after you read that thread ;)

At the very least, a thermometer is a super cheap way to rule out thyroid issues.

Afi140

Afi140

Legend
Awards
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
  • Established
There could be dozens of reasons you're feeling tired. I would definitely seek medical advice if it continues for a few more weeks as it could be something more going on inside that is making you tired. How is quality of sleep? Don't let it go on for too much longer though without seeing someone OP. You never know what's going on without getting checked out.

AntM1564

AntM1564

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Legend!
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
You're getting 8 hours of sleep, but is it quality? What is your pre bed hygiene? What is your macro breakdown? Are you stressed?

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Are you taking any stims like caffeine?

heavylifter33

heavylifter33

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
Hey guys, it's been a couple weeks that I almost always feel tired.. Idk the reason..
Recently I also had a deloading week and I'm actually bulking.. Still sleep at least 8 hours and not on any cycle.

What could be the reason? Any supps that could help me?
Self diagnosis and prescription are probably not the way to go. Ideally you'd go get a blood test and see if anything comes up. If you aren't stressed, get plenty of sleep, and take in proper micro and macro nutrients... it's time to see a physician.

BigGame84

BigGame84

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Could be Epstein Barr virus. I had that years ago and always felt tired.

mtinsideout

mtinsideout

Awards
  • Established
If you are lifting heavier weight it will naturally make you more tired on top of that you are bulking. The meals you are eating if not spaced properly could be taxing your body even further. Space apart your meals, avoid stims past noon and keep getting your 8 hours in. What else has changed for you in the past few weeks?

Todd Garner

Todd Garner

Awards
  • Established
I know the feeling, trust me when I say a blood test is a good idea. Better to know for sure whats going on then to keep wondering.

LEATHERFACE92

Banned
Awards
Lol this forum..... I need a supplement for this, for that, if I feel tired I look at my diet etc.....

Tabascoonall

Tabascoonall

Awards
As stated above i would really recommend a cbp test, that does NOT show your test and estro levels though you have to ask the doc or nurse for that test separate. If your panel comes back fine the next thing i would think of is sleep and solid sleep not in and out. Also make sure you are getting the proper micro and macro nutrients. In the cbp test it will show your micros and see if you are deficient in anything.