feeling more ''upper quad'' when doing legs?

jaces

jaces

Awards
Yeah guys ive got sme good legs but I lag that nice big uper sweep , any ides on techniqs and exercises?

NattyForLife

NattyForLife

Awards
Yeah guys ive got sme good legs but I lag that nice big uper sweep , any ides on techniqs and exercises?
Not exactly sure what your asking; can you please clarify?

TheMovement

TheMovement

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
Yeah guys ive got some good legs but I lag that nice big upper sweep , any ides on techniques and exercises?
Ever try lateral walks with a band, got to keep a good squat position though. Will burn your hips but challenge the legs as well. If possible you could switch to your side and do your leg presses but seems to be a little overkill IMO. Are you knock-kneed? Bone structure can play a role here but eh this is just my 2cents as Im not fully sure as to the question being asked. If its strictly the sweep your looking for I feel Lateral Quad and IT band are your target

breezy11

breezy11

Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
One thing that can help is concentrating on feeling the target muscles work while you perform each exercise/rep, as opposed to just moving weight.

Here's a few exercises/techniques that you could try:

-DB Walking Lunges: Keeping your chest upright will put more emphasis on your quads. Use a slow eccentric and feel your quads stretch.

-BB Front Squats: Deep and with heels elevated. You can use 5lb or 10lb plates under your heels to put more stress on your quads.

-BB Back Squats: Feet about shoulder width apart, toes pointed out slightly, and remain as upright as possible throughout the movement. Heels can be elevated here too. Shoes with a slight heel work well.

-Hack Squats: Heels together with toes pointed out (duck stance), pushing off the balls of your feet

-Smith Squats: Medium stance, toes pointed out slightly, and feet out in front of the bar. Placing your feet out in front of the bar path allows you to zero in on the quads.

-Leg Extensions: Keep toes pointed back and slightly out to the side.

-Leg Press: Wide stance with toes pointed out (frog stance). Have your knees come down outside of your body and perform the concentric portion of the movement explosively.

Here's a Tom Platz video (its long) explaining the techniques he uses for BB and hack squats, some of which was mentioned above.

#LAReport2014 Teil 9 - die HAXEN müssen wachsen -Zitat David: #doyouevensquat #rs #sexualhealing

jaces

jaces

Awards
One thing that can help is concentrating on feeling the target muscles work while you perform each exercise/rep, as opposed to just moving weight.

Here's a few exercises/techniques that you could try:

-DB Walking Lunges: Keeping your chest upright will put more emphasis on your quads. Use a slow eccentric and feel your quads stretch.

-BB Front Squats: Deep and with heels elevated. You can use 5lb or 10lb plates under your heels to put more stress on your quads.

-BB Back Squats: Feet about shoulder width apart, toes pointed out slightly, and remain as upright as possible throughout the movement. Heels can be elevated here too. Shoes with a slight heel work well.

-Hack Squats: Heels together with toes pointed out (duck stance), pushing off the balls of your feet

-Smith Squats: Medium stance, toes pointed out slightly, and feet out in front of the bar. Placing your feet out in front of the bar path allows you to zero in on the quads.

-Leg Extensions: Keep toes pointed back and slightly out to the side.

-Leg Press: Wide stance with toes pointed out (frog stance). Have your knees come down outside of your body and perform the concentric portion of the movement explosively.

Here's a Tom Platz video (its long) explaining the techniques he uses for BB and hack squats, some of which was mentioned above.

Yeah I like the idea for leg press

jaces

jaces

Awards
The thing is I was a powerlifter so I can squat a fu#k load , but I have since decided to do BB. So I am concentrating on sqeuzes and tension , my legs are 79cm at 9% bf so they are big but I dont have a huge sweep ,,