feel lethargic on trt?

TexasMade1891

Awards
Yea sometimes. I'm "self medicating" and doing 200mg a week, stuff might undersized but I'm not a walking hardon like on 500mg a week. Some days I don't even want to workout at all. Just want to get off work eat and sleep. I think it's a estrogen issue

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
80mg to 400mg i feel the same...right now im at 80mg test lvls in the 900s..estrogen in the 20s

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Adrenals are finally starting to catch up with you ;)

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
prob are adrenals if i had to guess...looks like a full hormone panel is in order..called the doc today..to do labs..

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Will not catch in blood need saliva lab corp has 4 point cortisol and its clinically accurate

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
As mentioned, could be adrenals. Could also be high e2, or possibly was never a test issue to begin with and was related to thyroid, low dopamine, or something else.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Low cortisol and low GH alters e2 sensitivity do not be fooled by being in the perfect e2 or even SHBG range even.
I have done a ton of research on estrogen receptors putting together a lot of the missing pieces. I am also starting to see it in clinical scenarios.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Correcting thyroid addressed sleep apnea in some cases.

ohiostate2827

ohiostate2827

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
thyroid good..e2 good..shbg good..sleep could be an issue along with adrenals..i never stop moving lol..see doc this tuesday..will do test this coming weekend

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Thyroid results can be easily misunderstood as this we see in medicine. Thyroid often looks good but tissue or functionality says another.

clayboy_123

Awards
How about just taking something like Metagenics Adreset or nadh or Dhea or pregnenlone for adrenal fatigue ?

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Get labs done for DHEA and pregnenolone before you just start taking it. Look for an integrative medicine Dr. They specialize in treating the problem vs the symptoms.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Preg is like Russian roulette you never know where it is going to go as too many variables to consider. I have never needed it over 10 years doing multiple cases. Many times I suggest doctors to discontinue it in their patients as it becomes a moving target. I would look at precision 24 hour hormone urine as it shows a better clinical picture from start to finish on metabolic pathways in sex hormones.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Have done multiple cases and never need it.
Its one less supplement and variable to deal with.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Have done multiple cases and never need it.
Its one less supplement and variable to deal with.
What ever Matrix.

There's no way you can go without supplementing the master hormone of pregnenolone while on TRT.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
What ever Matrix.

There's no way you can go without supplementing the master hormone of pregnenolone while on TRT.
Really?
Why do you need pregenolone if you have optimal thyroid function, vitamin A and cholesterol level as all are necessary for building blocks as well as synthesis of pregnenolone. Give the body what it needs then let it fill in the missing pieces. Doctors need to start looking at the top of cascade not the down stream effects.

25 year old male - "I have low testosterone, feel like crap and have severe brain fog,"
Micronutrient testing shows low selenium, zinc, and high copper.
OAT shows severe candida over growth
Previous treated for candida by no success.

History shows eat several cans tuna per week and avid sushi consumer along with living on the west coast where mercury levels are high due to acid rain, Provocation test shows high levels of mercury at tissue level.
Send them through chelation with foundational support. 4 months later testosterone levels return to normal symptoms all resolved. If they did not get the root cause resolved they would have been having issue for years to come ..

Have been saying for years its all about mitochondrion restoration. Its all about NADPH which is the main driven force of hormone cascade. Unfortunately we focus mainly on hormones chasing that rabbit down the hole. I see HRT drs do this all the time when other areas need to evaluate that work synergistically with hormones..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23628605

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Really?
Why do you need pregenolone if you have optimal thyroid function, vitamin A and cholesterol level as all are necessary for building blocks as well as synthesis of pregnenolone. Give the body what it needs then let it fill in the missing pieces. Doctors need to start looking at the top of cascade not the down stream effects.

25 year old male - "I have low testosterone, feel like crap and have severe brain fog,"
Micronutrient testing shows low selenium, zinc, and high copper.
OAT shows severe candida over growth
Previous treated for candida by no success.

History shows eat several cans tuna per week and avid sushi consumer along with living on the west coast where mercury levels are high due to acid rain, Provocation test shows high levels of mercury at tissue level.
Send them through chelation with foundational support. 4 months later testosterone levels return to normal symptoms all resolved. If they did not get the root cause resolved they would have been having issue for years to come ..

Have been saying for years its all about mitochondrion restoration. Its all about NADPH which is the main driven force of hormone cascade. Unfortunately we focus mainly on hormones chasing that rabbit down the hole. I see HRT drs do this all the time when other areas need to evaluate that work synergistically with hormones..

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/23628605
First of all, if your labs show low pregnenolone and DHEA then why would you not need it? I'm not saying to just take it but eventually after being on TRT you will need it.

Now back to your "research". Why haven't you ever provided this forum your credentials or anything else dealing with what you do, training or any work you have done that's been published?

By the way....I go to a top integrative medicine Dr. My thyroid is function is perfect, cholesterol in check and so is vitamin A, and my pregnenolone levels are next to 0 without supplementing pregnenolone.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
First of all, if your labs show low pregnenolone and DHEA then why would you not need it? I'm not saying to just take it but eventually after being on TRT you will need it.

Now back to your "research". Why haven't you ever provided this forum your credentials or anything else dealing with what you do, training or any work you have done that's been published?

By the way....I go to a top integrative medicine Dr. My thyroid is function is perfect, cholesterol in check and so is vitamin A, and my pregnenolone levels are next to 0 without supplementing pregnenolone.
Credential thing is getting old. I no longer have to prove my self anymore.
Doctors could care less about credentials they care about getting results based upon evidence based medicine and clinically studies. They do not have time to stay up with latest research or trends in medicine as it is costly changing. I have always respected all the doctors who have dedicated all their life to doing what they love. I enjoy contributing to the boards because it relaxing compared to the medical train wrecks handled during the day.

Watch for the shift in medicine coming in the next several months here and sooner in UK.

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
It's sad a person has to put someone down to feel better about themselves then it all becomes about them.

When facts are provided, it's backed with referenced studies to support along with over 10 years medically supervised experience.

When you provide doctors the documented studies from respected journals they can not dispute the findings.

"There's no way you can go without supplementing the master hormone of pregnenolone while on TRT" - please cite references. Clinically I know countless man and women doing great.

If you are going to make a statement, please be prepared to support them with clinically studies.

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
It's sad a person has to put someone down to feel better about themselves then it all becomes about them.

When facts are provided, it's backed with referenced studies to support along with over 10 years medically supervised experience.

When you provide doctors the documented studies from respected journals they can not dispute the findings.

In medicine respect is not given it is earned through creating trust with doctors you work with.

"There's no way you can go without supplementing the master hormone of pregnenolone while on TRT" - please cite references. Clinically I know countless man and women doing great.

If you are going to make claims, please be prepared to support them with clinically studies.
I'm not the one making myself out to be a medical professional as you are. You've made tons of posts about YOUR research. So why don't you cite YOUR research?

I'm not making anything about me. You've made this about you just like you have through other posts I've read of yours in the past.

https://www.excelmale.com/showthread.php?7580-Pregnenolone-101-What-You-Need-to-Know-About-this-Precursor-Hormone

lboston

lboston

Awards
I'm in the same boat . Got to bed tired , wake up tired . May be taking too much ... I upped myself from 120mg/week to 160mg.

lboston

lboston

Awards
For you fellas they are using pregnenolone and DHEA, what is your dosing protocol?

What benefits did you see when starting to use these products?

The Matrix

The Matrix

Awards
  • Established
Most likely adrenals or thyroid may be out of balance despite blood tests. Upping testosterone will only add mores stress to weaken adrenals

sammpedd88

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
For you fellas they are using pregnenolone and DHEA, what is your dosing protocol?

What benefits did you see when starting to use these products?
Pregnenolone is the master hormone and other hormones convert from it. A chart has been posted in the past on how pregnenolone and DHEA both convert. You need both of these. They help with mental clarity, libido and others. Before taking it, you need blood work done to see where your levels are at and how much/often you need to take them.

There's some on here that say you don't need it. Go by your lab work and the way you feel. Don't discount these two hormones.

SweetLou321

Awards
  • Established
  • Best Answer
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
Pregnenolone is the master hormone and other hormones convert from it. A chart has been posted in the past on how pregnenolone and DHEA both convert. You need both of these. They help with mental clarity, libido and others. Before taking it, you need blood work done to see where your levels are at and how much/often you need to take them.

There's some on here that say you don't need it. Go by your lab work and the way you feel. Don't discount these two hormones.
Yes as he said, do blood work first.

RockyP

Awards
Hi All new here,

I am 50yo and started TRT in the second half of 2015.
It all started with a pain in the left nipple. and not feeling well.
They tested the prolactin and it was way high, did an MRI to the pituitary and was normal but my levels were TT:296 and the Free 3.8.

I was feeling like crap. I am raising 2 small kids mostly alone and with stress, work, marriage issues and the kids I was basically a walking zombie.
I have always been in shape but this time I could not even get myself to the gym, my cholesterol went up etc.

Did not want to get on it. I knew this would have been for life but it has made a HUGE difference.
Yes I do get lethargic every now and then especially on the day before the dosage. I am on .50 per week. Yes I know it's nothing for most people but it i s working wonders for me. E2 has always been low so no too much to worry there.
I am concerned about long term use and IF possible I would like to get off but ALL the docs are saying if I do it will revert to what I was experiencing before if not worse.
Right now I am in the gym every day and feeling pretty good. My levels are within range on the mid to high side.
One issue is too much sexual appetite. a real bummer when you have marital issues.

Thanks

RockyP

kisaj

Legend
Awards
  • RockStar
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
Welcome. Good to see you were able to determine your issue and are feeling better. I personally take .50 weekly as well and it is all I need. Keeps me in mid-mid high range and avoids any sides. I was injecting 2x weekly with .25 and switched back to 1x weekly with better results.

Re: sexual appetite- that can be an issue no matter what. I don't have any marital issues, but my wife is pretty normal with libido and I drive her nuts. I've learned over the years to back down and allow her to feel comfortable without always needing to satisfy my higher than normal needs. I always remind her that there are bigger issues to have than a husband that always wants his wife. :)

RockyP

Awards
Welcome. Good to see you were able to determine your issue and are feeling better. I personally take .50 weekly as well and it is all I need. Keeps me in mid-mid high range and avoids any sides. I was injecting 2x weekly with .25 and switched back to 1x weekly with better results.

Re: sexual appetite- that can be an issue no matter what. I don't have any marital issues, but my wife is pretty normal with libido and I drive her nuts. I've learned over the years to back down and allow her to feel comfortable without always needing to satisfy my higher than normal needs. I always remind her that there are bigger issues to have than a husband that always wants his wife. :)
thanks!

You are right! Unfortunately my issues go way deeper than that on the matter.

Gotta say....feels good to be able to talk with folks who can understand where you are. :veryhappy::veryhappy:

Thanks again!!

Sbdhhi

Sbdhhi

Awards
Most likely adrenals or thyroid may be out of balance despite blood tests. Upping testosterone will only add mores stress to weaken adrenals
how do you strengthen weaken adrenals? Iv been on trt for 3 weeks 100mg per week and I'm still feeling tired. I have stop all intake of stimulants. Preworkouts coffee and adderall (when needed). I'm not going in for another 5 weeks for blood work but I think its either adrenal or estrogen problem. I did supplement with DHEA and it did give me more energy.

BCseacow83

BCseacow83

Awards
  • Established
  • First Up Vote
  • RockStar
how do you strengthen weaken adrenals? Iv been on trt for 3 weeks 100mg per week and I'm still feeling tired. I have stop all intake of stimulants. Preworkouts coffee and adderall (when needed). I'm not going in for another 5 weeks for blood work but I think its either adrenal or estrogen problem. I did supplement with DHEA and it did give me more energy.
Three weeks is nowhere near long enough, IMO, for benefits to be felt. Sometimes you can feel a little better right away but I have seen studies where the full resolution of symptoms, assuming they all stem from low T to begin with, can take up to a year. Hang in there.

I have always used the logic that if you were low for say 6 months then give yourself at least that long to feel better.